May 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 4

Re: May 2009 Applications

Post by TexasFlash »

southtexaspilot wrote:Plastic arrived today. I guess I'm gonna have to buy a holster for one of my other handguns since the 1911 is still in the shop.

W
Oh darn, have to buy more gun stuff! Congratulations :anamatedbanana
Dave :txflag:

whodat1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by whodat1 »

Checked the mail when I got home... and there it was! :clapping: Now I'm trying to decide if I should buy a conceal holster for my 5" .45, or maybe get something smaller for CC. Actually, I've been trying to decide this for awhile. My 45 is huge, but I really feel comfortable with it.

Well at least if I decide to buy a different gun now, I won't have to wait 45 minutes for a security check. It will be more like buying any other item in a store/ :woohoo
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Post by USA1 »

lonewolf wrote: I'll just stay with my other brother in Houston.........

Or pay USA1 a visit........
there's always room here :cool:

Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

lonewolf
Posts in topic: 10

Post by lonewolf »

You're a hoot, you know that?? Here I am, eyes blistered shut from studying and doing more Physics, and you come along with a zinger!! Sure keeps my spirits up!!

Muchas gracias, amigo!

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

Plastic came in the mail today! I was already on my way out the door to WalMart when the mailman drove by, so after finding my license in the mailbox, I went back inside, got my Glock 19 and Supertuck and was on my way. Wally World Walk completed.
:anamatedbanana :woohoo :thewave :patriot:
NRA & TSRA Member
CHL Instructor

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Post by USA1 »

BrianSW99 wrote:Plastic came in the mail today! I was already on my way out the door to WalMart when the mailman drove by, so after finding my license in the mailbox, I went back inside, got my Glock 19 and Supertuck and was on my way. Wally World Walk completed.
:anamatedbanana :woohoo :thewave :patriot:
perfect timing .. :thumbs2:

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! :cheers2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817
Posts in topic: 70

Post by joe817 »

Super congrats Brian! Do you feel like you're having anxiety letdown, now that the anticipation is over? :clapping: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Roan
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Roan »

dklag37 wrote:Well, I won't be able to see if my plastic arrived until next Tuesday. I'm here in Sunny California vacationing, visiting family and friends. :coolgleamA:
Well now, there is a great way to get your mind off the waitning list..... Take a vacation. Hope the letter is waiting for you when you get back. Ooh-rah!
04/25/2009: CHL class
05/08/2009: Application sent (via Mail)
05/11/2009: Application arrived @ DPS
06/19/2009: PIN received
07/17/2009: Application incomplete - missing info
07/29/2009: Return to 'Processing Application'
09/03/2009: Application approved
09/09/2009: CHL in hand

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

joe817 wrote:Super congrats Brian! Do you feel like you're having anxiety letdown, now that the anticipation is over? :clapping: :thumbs2:
I'm definitely relieved and just really glad the wait is finally over and I'm now able to carry. These last few days since my application completed have been the worst, knowing it's going to come any day. I've been reading about carrying and learning all I can on this and other forums since I decided to get my CHL in early April, so I've been pretty anxious after all this time to get the actual license.
NRA & TSRA Member
CHL Instructor

joe817

Post by joe817 »

BrianSW99 wrote:
joe817 wrote:Super congrats Brian! Do you feel like you're having anxiety letdown, now that the anticipation is over? :clapping: :thumbs2:
I'm definitely relieved and just really glad the wait is finally over and I'm now able to carry. These last few days since my application completed have been the worst, knowing it's going to come any day. I've been reading about carrying and learning all I can on this and other forums since I decided to get my CHL in early April, so I've been pretty anxious after all this time to get the actual license.
I know what you mean. It took me about a month and a half of self debate to decide I needed a CHL, and another 2 weeks to make the commitment to follow through on my conclusion. I'm glad I did, but will be even more relieved when I receive the plastic.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

dklag37
Posts in topic: 34

Post by dklag37 »

Roan wrote:
dklag37 wrote:Well, I won't be able to see if my plastic arrived until next Tuesday. I'm here in Sunny California vacationing, visiting family and friends. :coolgleamA:
Well now, there is a great way to get your mind off the waitning list..... Take a vacation. Hope the letter is waiting for you when you get back. Ooh-rah!
One would think it would be a great way to get my mind off the waiting list, but as you can see, even while in California, I keep coming back... :confused5
But yes. What sucks is that I've been waiting to receive my plastic all this time, yet it's probably arrived and I'm still waiting... :totap: Does this factor into my "waiting time"? :headscratch
Dallas County

5/10/09 - CHL Class
5/12/09 - Applied Online
5/26/09 - Mailed Packet
6/26/09 - Processing Application
9/03/09 - Application Completed
9/11/09 - License Received

TexDotCom
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexDotCom »

Yours should be to you any day now and may even be waiting for you right now. I was approved on 09/09/09 and my plastic arrived in the mail two days later. Mail usually doesn't take very long to get from Austin to Dallas, of course, but shipping time was really fine in this case. Here's hoping yours is there for you soon.

randomizzer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by randomizzer »

I was amazed at how the speed of processing picked up. I had some friends who had taken their class in January and got their plastic in June, so I was figuring on maybe an early Christmas present, instead I got the mail today and got a Birthday present !! I was suprised since my application got sent back for missing information.
Class May 16, 2009
Application sent back missing information First of August 2009
Called DPS end of August since online still showed missing information to make sure they got the form back.
Checked late last week still processing
Got my Plastic today on my Birthday !! :rolll :woohoo

I live in Fort Bend County and work in Harris.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

What a great birthday present! Congratulations!! :clapping: :woohoo :thumbs2:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

LostInAustin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LostInAustin »