100+ Club

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

dicion
Posts in topic: 12

Re: 100+ Club

Post by dicion »

Ya know, I'm perfectly okay with this club being dissolved due to lack of membership.

When this club has no more members, it will be a great day in the state of texas!

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 69

Post by USA1 »

dicion wrote:Ya know, I'm perfectly okay with this club being dissolved due to lack of membership.

When this club has no more members, it will be a great day in the state of texas!
:iagree:
if things keep going like they have been lately , this club may become extinct . :txflag:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

dicion

Post by dicion »

Well, until I get my plastic.. I'm still a member :P

Hopefully I'll be announcing my retirement later today! "rlol"

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

dicion wrote:Well, until I get my plastic.. I'm still a member :P

i'll bet you will have a little sumpin sumpin waiting for you today . :mrgreen:

jsimmons
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jsimmons »

I started the process on Sept 01 by applying online and paying my money up front. My CHL class is next Saturday.

Apparently, there is a question as to whether I'll receive my plastic before the end of the Mayan calendar...

I'm a computer programmer, and computers are pretty quick nowadays. I know for a fact that all of my info can be found in less than 60 seconds, so their 60-day time frame (which appears to be exceeded by 3 or 4 times) is bogus.

My recommendations for making the whole process more efficient:

0) Allow the CHL instructors to electronically file applicant certificates and finger prints with DPS. Verification that the certificate has been filed would be sent back to both the instructor AND the applicant via email. The email to the applicant would include a PIN code that allows him access to the accelerated application web page.

1) Only after the CHL course has been taken and the certificate filed, the applicant can apply online via the DPS web site that's already in place.

2) Once the application is submitted, and if paid for via credit card, a background check is automatically triggered. Further, age or military service status can be verified electronically - IT'S ALL IN THE SYSTEM.

3) If the background check comes back with no flags, and as long as you paid the proper amount, the license is automatically "printed" and mailed out. Otherwise, a human at DPS (an oxymoron?) is notified that further (manual) examination may be necessary. This is where the extended wait times should be experienced.

The entire process could be handled by computer. Given a clean electronic background check, we could see one-week turnaround times (OR LESS) for license approval/activation, and would involve no humans other than the CHL instructor and the applicant. It's really just that simple. They could even use the picture from our drivers license to speed things up since your DL is an official state document.

Meanwhile, my brilliant ideas baste in the stew of apathy nurtured by the DPS and the Texas legislature, and I, like thousands of others here, wait for the mercilessly slow wheels of progress to turn in Austin.

I mean, seriously - this is the 21st century - why are humans involved in this kind of mundane processing at all?!
Took class, paid fees, changed my mind. I want constitutional carry.

Utopia54
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Utopia54 »

I am starting to believe that DPS is being less than truthful on the mailing dates of this last big batch of cards. We had so many of them go completed on Aug 28,29,30. I just checked and mine did not come today. I do know that even with snail mail it does not take 6 days to go from Austin to Houston. :mad5 :mad5

infoman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by infoman »

all good ideas, but the problem is money, budgets, personel, etc.. Plus, DPS as a whole is a hudge agency, they are trying to get driver License more caught up and better equiped. also, they have all the crime, narcotics, troopers, rangers, etc.. New equipment, new programs, new computers, scanners, all cost money. Until all applicants are banging down congress's door to expand, update and better budget concealed handgun licensing, the only changes coming will be slow. but, I do like the ideas.

dicion

Post by dicion »

USA1 wrote:

Seriously.. you're the Freakin CHL Whisperer...

I GOT PLASTIC! WOOWOOWOOOOOO
:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

And with that, I bid the 100 club adieu....
Good luck to the rest of you! :tiphat:

joe817
Posts in topic: 43

Post by joe817 »

dicion wrote:
USA1 wrote:

Fantastic incredible! Super duper congrats dicion! I'm so happy for you.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

EHS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by EHS »

Utopia54 wrote:I am starting to believe that DPS is being less than truthful on the mailing dates of this last big batch of cards. We had so many of them go completed on Aug 28,29,30. I just checked and mine did not come today. I do know that even with snail mail it does not take 6 days to go from Austin to Houston. :mad5 :mad5

Are you saying that the chl department would "be creative with the dates that they tell you?' Like I said in another thread mine supposedly was mailed on sat 29 and today thurs 3rd still a no go!!! Hey it took less than two days to ride my bicycle from Houston to Austin. Maybe I can get a job as a carrier to speed up the process and I will ride my bicycle to make all the "green people" happy. What do you think. By the way I called at 10 minutes to 5pm (chl closes at 5pm) and the answering machine was already turned on!! "rlol"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
READ THE AVATAR

lonewolf
Posts in topic: 20

Post by lonewolf »

At the rate they appear to be processing these days, this forum may thin out mighty quick!! I may not even have a chance to officially join in!!! That's not really a bad thing.........

Here's to all who have been waiting....... :cheers2:

dicion

Post by dicion »

EHS wrote:
Utopia54 wrote:I am starting to believe that DPS is being less than truthful on the mailing dates of this last big batch of cards. We had so many of them go completed on Aug 28,29,30. I just checked and mine did not come today. I do know that even with snail mail it does not take 6 days to go from Austin to Houston. :mad5 :mad5

Are you saying that the chl department would "be creative with the dates that they tell you?' Like I said in another thread mine supposedly was mailed on sat 29 and today thurs 3rd still a no go!!! Hey it took less than two days to ride my bicycle from Houston to Austin. Maybe I can get a job as a carrier to speed up the process and I will ride my bicycle to make all the "green people" happy. What do you think. By the way I called at 10 minutes to 5pm (chl closes at 5pm) and the answering machine was already turned on!! "rlol"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
As I said in another thread.
They TOLD me it was mailed last friday.

Postmark on the letter says tuesday...

Make of it what you will.

Aladinbama
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Aladinbama »

I'm still here :waiting:
4/16/2009 Packet Received
9/4/2009 Application Complete - License Issued or Certificate Active
09/09/09 License in Hand
http://www.thegunstockdoctor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

Aladinbama wrote:I'm still here :waiting:
are you holding down the fort . :txflag:

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Dexdahex »

dicion wrote:
USA1 wrote:

Finally...Congrats :tiphat:
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”