March 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

USA1
Posts in topic: 68

Re: March 2009 Applications

Post by USA1 »

dicion wrote:Aww yeha.. Today is a day of awesomeness. Congrats to the others who got their in today's batch! :woohoo
i second that .
congrats everybody :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817
Posts in topic: 41

Post by joe817 »

dicion wrote:Aww yeha.. Today is a day of awesomeness. Congrats to the others who got their in today's batch! :woohoo
Fantastic dicion! Super Congrats! Uhhhh....I guess getting USA1 to chant some good vibes your way helped! :shock:
Oh! Now that's a scary thought! :smilelol5: "rlol"

dicion lemme ask you....did the website show processing yesterday(Sat), and today(Sun) it show complete???
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

dicion
Posts in topic: 11

Post by dicion »

joe817 wrote: dicion lemme ask you....did the website show processing yesterday(Sat), and today(Sun) it show complete???
I last checked it yesterday evening, around 9pm, so sometime between then and this afternoon is when it changed.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

dicion wrote:
joe817 wrote: dicion lemme ask you....did the website show processing yesterday(Sat), and today(Sun) it show complete???
I last checked it yesterday evening, around 9pm, so sometime between then and this afternoon is when it changed.
That's incredible dicion! Thanks. Those folks are working Saturdays. No wonder they are catching up! All I can say is that it's about time!
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

texasflyfisher
Posts in topic: 3

Post by texasflyfisher »

:woohoo I checked my status online this evening at it read those sweet words every CHL applicant wants to see:

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

And it only took them 152 days! My application was received on March 31 and I received my pin on May 21. I hope the rest of you that are still waiting get yours soon!

Rawb77
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Rawb77 »

This is awesome, thats what? 4 people this weekend that have had their apps completed!?

We should have a BBQ and go to the range...and...

DO OUR WALLY WALKS TOGETHER!!!!!
CHL Class - 03/28/09
Mailed out - 03/30/09
DPS received 04/02/09
Processing 05/18/09
Plastic In hand 09/04/09

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Super congrats texasflyfisher!! It's about time! I'm happy for you! :clapping:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

YabuUS

Wally Walk

Post by YabuUS »

I hate to sound naive, but what the hell is a "Wally Walk"? :???:

USA1
Posts in topic: 68

Re: Wally Walk

Post by USA1 »

YabuUS wrote:I hate to sound naive, but what the heck is a "Wally Walk"? :???:
copied and pasted
Rules for wally world first time out with CHL

So you got your CHL.

We assumed that you have already chose a proper holster, mag pouch (or suitable combination of substitutes) and cover garment and played dress-up in front of a mirror a couple of hundred times. But now, it is time to go live in the real world. It is time for you to go to WalMart!

1) You must park your vehicle at least 50 yards from the entrance of a regular WallyWorld (75 yards for a SuperCenter.) As you head for the entrance, you must perform a scan of the area including checking under parked vehicles for BG’s (Bad Guys.) Remember, grandma in an electric wheelchair is not a drive-by threat.

1A). Upon exiting car, surrepititiously adjust sidearm. Now don't touch it again unless your pants are about to fall off. Then tighten your belt

2) You MUST drive the shopping cart. No substitutes are allowed. Negotiating aisles full of screaming kids dropping cans of Chef Boyardee while Mom is on the cell phone and trying the latest Rosie O’Donnell Makeup & Fragrances is a good test of patience and self-control.

3) No quickies! Your stay at WallyWorld must last no less than 45 minutes. You can hang out in automotive and even double check the Rapala lures to see what’s new to kill an allotted rest time of 10 minutes. The rest of the time you must be on the move. An exception is made if you are with your significant other and she goes for the White Sale madness. You must park, wait and be ready to back your mate if things get hairy with the pillow throws or allergenic bedspreads.

4) You are gonna buy stuff so pick items from the top and bottom shelves to test your cover garment. Your mate can assist you and point out any deficiencies. If you are alone and store security or the cops have not arrived by the time you check out, you passed this test.

5) Check out: make sure you choose the busiest register. People will stand in close proximity and you must bear it with patience and avoiding contact. Beware of the people suddenly remembering a forgotten item and sending their mates to fetch it. They usually will brush against you on the way to get it.

6) Meal Time! If your WallyWorld serves Nachos, go ahead and get yourself a big serving of the suckers and wash it down with a Sam’s cola. If McD’s is the choice at the premises, get fries, onion rings, apple pie and a large Coke. ALL MEALS MUST BE CONSUMED ON SITE! No To-Go’s or you will be disqualified.

7) When you leave, repeat the scanning of the parking lot. Remember that now you are also dealing with a shopping cart that rattles like and old train and wants to go right all the time. Do not lose track of your surroundings because of this. If you have a car, open the trunk and introduce all your bags while facing outwards. Pick up Trucks: lower the tailgate and do the same. Keep scanning, you never know where the BG’s might be.

8) REMEMBER: Yellow lights = WallyWorld Security. Red Lights = Cops.

9) - Make test fall on floor in busiest area - near register or anywhere crowded. See if concealment can still be maintained. If you lose that then go back to GO and do NOT collect $200

10) Restroom break (even if you don't have to go), go through the motions, figure out what your going to do with your gun, while sitting on the commode
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

texasflyfisher
Posts in topic: 3

Post by texasflyfisher »

Thanks rawb and joe! I am really hoping I get my plastic in the mail before I leave for a trip to South Texas the day after Labor Day.

As for the wally walk, will likely do one of them, too. Not too keen on eating their nachos or using their commode though. Is the reason they are in that order is one causes the other? :lol:

YabuUS

Re: Wally Walk

Post by YabuUS »

Ah, thanks for the info, USA1. Pretty amusing stuff. When my plastic actually arrives I will no doubt make the trip to Walmart. It's one of my regular haunts anyway. I will have to amend some of the rules for the walk however. I have a special problem when it comes to conceal carry. I weight 360lbs and walk with a cane - in my right (strong) hand since I have severe arthritis in my left hip and knee. This presents a slight problem with the weapon since I a right handed. I have practiced shooting at the range with my left hand, but I wouldn't trust my aim at any distance beyond ten feet. Switching the cane to my left and doesn't do much for my hip and knee. So this is what I am contending with. Thanks for the info, I got a kick out of it.

BrianSW99
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BrianSW99 »

Here's a pictorial diagram for clarification:
NRA & TSRA Member
CHL Instructor

myron243
Posts in topic: 12

Post by myron243 »

Called last Monday - waiting for Harris County. Checked online this am - Still processing. Called this morning and it's out to the printer. I gues that makes this a one 'nanner post :anamatedbanana
9/12/09 - Day 174 - Finally in hand

joe817

Post by joe817 »

myron243 wrote:Called last Monday - waiting for Harris County. Checked online this am - Still processing. Called this morning and it's out to the printer. I gues that makes this a one 'nanner post :anamatedbanana
Fantastic! Congrats myron! I have a feeling this will be an interesting day for a lot of people. :thumbs2:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

carbon-14
Posts in topic: 32

Post by carbon-14 »

myron243 wrote:Called last Monday - waiting for Harris County. Checked online this am - Still processing. Called this morning and it's out to the printer. I gues that makes this a one 'nanner post :anamatedbanana

I was told that my license went to print as of Wednesday, 8/26/2009. still showing 'processing application' Anyone know how long it should be before i get it in the mail?
Harris County

CHL Class: March 14
Packet Mailed: March 16
Packet 'Incomplete' resubmitted same day received
Called: was told 'Its getting printed'!!: went to the printer 8/26/09
App complete!! Aug 29, 09
Plastic in Hand: Sept. 5, 09

total: 172 days :(

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”