100+ Club

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

dwdog
Posts in topic: 8

Re: 100+ Club

Post by dwdog »

152 for me, no mistakes, just DPS, State Reps, and senators not caring.
Application Mailed: 26MAR 09
Pin Received: 24MAY09
Told being printed
but still showed as
processing: 27AUG09
Application Comp: 30AUG09
License Rec: XXXXXXXX

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Dexdahex »

Day 125...:tiphat: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active... :anamatedbanana I was told about it a little over a week ago :anamatedbanana , but the status on the DPS does work, it changed... :tiphat:...Now where's the mail :txflag: Can I get a :woohoo
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

generush
Posts in topic: 5

Post by generush »

Just got off the phone with DPS. They said mine was sent for printing. :thumbs2:
I said "its nice the background check is finally done" to which DPS said "no, we have not received the background check back, but we did not want to wait any longer." That seems to be a little change from past S.O.P. Maybe the September 1 legislative changes are either making DPS try to catch up, or they are starting to implement some of it early.
02/13/09 - Online App
02/28/09 - CHL Class Taken
03/02/09 - PIN received
03/03/09 - Packet mailed to DPS
05/04/09 - Detailed Letter Sent
05/14/09 - Processing App
08/29/09 - App Complete
09/03/09 - Plastic in hand

UPSteve98
Posts in topic: 1

Post by UPSteve98 »

generush wrote:Just got off the phone with DPS. They said mine was sent for printing. :thumbs2:
I said "its nice the background check is finally done" to which DPS said "no, we have not received the background check back, but we did not want to wait any longer." That seems to be a little change from past S.O.P. Maybe the September 1 legislative changes are either making DPS try to catch up, or they are starting to implement some of it early.
makes sense... seems a lot of people had their apps approved today... anyone else notice it?
Applied On-Line: 05/01/09
Received PIN: 5/13/09
CHL Class: 05/30/09
Mailed all Forms to DPS: 06/05/09
Processing: 07/07/09
Approved: 08/26/09
In hand: 08/29/09

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Dexdahex »

UPSteve98 wrote:
generush wrote:Just got off the phone with DPS. They said mine was sent for printing. :thumbs2:
makes sense... seems a lot of people had their apps approved today... anyone else notice it?
Oh yeah...
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

Utopia54
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Utopia54 »

I called and mine had been sent out for printing. I agree it seems they have finally had a bowel movement. :smilelol5:

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 69

Post by USA1 »

Utopia54 wrote:I called and mine had been sent out for printing. I agree it seems they have finally had a bowel movement. :smilelol5:
"rlol" :smilelol5: :evil2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Utopia54
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Utopia54 »

The timing is ironic. I just sent a letter to the Govenor two hours ago and I already received a reply from his office. I wonder :confused5

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

Utopia54 wrote:The timing is ironic. I just sent a letter to the Govenor two hours ago and I already received a reply from his office. I wonder :confused5
hmmm ,what a cowinky dink :lol:

joe817
Posts in topic: 43

Post by joe817 »

Utopia54 wrote:I called and mine had been sent out for printing. I agree it seems they have finally had a bowel movement. :smilelol5:
"rlol" :lol: :smilelol5: I laughed so hard I spewed coke on my computer screen. 'scuse me while I clean it up.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Aladinbama
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Aladinbama »

joe817 wrote:
"rlol" :lol: :smilelol5: I laughed so hard I spewed coke on my computer screen. 'scuse me while I clean it up.
I didn't spew, but the visual is ... well, :smilelol5:
They batch the printing, at least we're ... together - :grouphug awwwww
4/16/2009 Packet Received
9/4/2009 Application Complete - License Issued or Certificate Active
09/09/09 License in Hand
http://www.thegunstockdoctor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who'sJohnGalt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Who'sJohnGalt »

Utopia54 wrote:The timing is ironic. I just sent a letter to the Govenor two hours ago and I already received a reply from his office. I wonder :confused5
After 122 days I'd had enough and called and email DPS. I also sent emails to the State Rep and Senator and Lt. Governor. Five hours later I got a call from DPS saying it was sent to the "printers". It might be that they're getting pressure to cut the wait time and they're sending them through without hearing back from the local offices.

I did make it past my birthday, so I'll get 364 days "free" (really only 300ish since I'll be waiting on the printing department). It's not the $15 savings, it's just the idea of getting in a jab.

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

Who'sJohnGalt wrote: I did make it past my birthday, so I'll get 364 days "free" (really only 300ish since I'll be waiting on the printing department). It's not the $15 savings, it's just the idea of getting in a jab.
:boxing :evil2:

same here . i got almost a full free year . :mrgreen:

Jim Lockey
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jim Lockey »

Jim Lockey 114 days and two months after I sent in new electronic prints.

I called today and the first thing she said was they didn't have my prints. I told her that I sent the new prints in by registered mail two months ago. She said "oh". Then she said it will be about two more weeks. I guess a squeaking wheel might help. Time will tell?

TexDotCom
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexDotCom »

May be posting in here one day early since today is *only* my 100th day of waiting, but I decided to chime in here. Haven't heard from anyone and haven't made phone calls yet, but I think I'm going to start. I got my Secret security clearance in the Army much faster than this, so I don't see anything in my background hanging things up. Maybe Dallas County is just really busy? Oh well...welcome fellow 100+'ers. Hopefully we'll all escape soon.

:totap:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”