April 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

USA1
Posts in topic: 249

Re: April 2009 Applications

Post by USA1 »

Dexdahex wrote:They are sending it out to me as It is back from the printers... :woohoo Day 124 and still counting until it in my hand... :drool:
:cheers2: :cheers2: congrats ..hope you get it in hand soon :thumbs2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Dexdahex »

USA1 wrote:
Dexdahex wrote:They are sending it out to me as It is back from the printers... :woohoo Day 124 and still counting until it in my hand... :drool:
How do you like the lil LCP?
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Dexdahex wrote:
USA1 wrote:
How do you like the lil LCP?
love it ...i like the idea of ALWAYS having a firearm on me at ALL times .

when going out , i always have my primary gun .
but while just hanging out at home , its nice to have something for the pocket .

Aladinbama
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Aladinbama »

I received a phone call this morning - the wait is close to over. My tech said my application was completed and I should have my license "in hand" by the end of next week (I'm thinking it will take a little longer).
I guess when the DPS Director and the Governor's Chief of Staff discovered I had an 03 FFL, they decided that I couldn't be a bad guy afterall. That must have been it because there's no way they could have processed all the information I had sent them last Thursday regarding a "Self-Reported FELONY arrest" (that wasn't true) by this morning. No one in DPS's CHL office moves that fast.
None-the-less, a pre-celebration;
:woohoo :thewave :woohoo
4/16/2009 Packet Received
9/4/2009 Application Complete - License Issued or Certificate Active
09/09/09 License in Hand
http://www.thegunstockdoctor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Utopia54
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Utopia54 »

Been reading the board for awhile and finally decided to post. Misery loves company and this is the right forum for that.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Utopia54 wrote:Been reading the board for awhile and finally decided to post. Misery loves company and this is the right forum for that.
welcome to the forum Utopia54 :tiphat:
it looks like you've been waiting for a while .

BTW , i like the avatar ;-)

Utopia54
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Utopia54 »

I was one of the lucky ones that received a letter from the DPS telling me that my applicaion was incomplete and inside the letter was someone else's application. It took several calls before they could tell me if my application was okay. :nono:

joe817
Posts in topic: 72

Post by joe817 »

Hi Utopia, and welcome to the forum! Glad you're with us. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Utopia54 wrote:I was one of the lucky ones that received a letter from the DPS telling me that my applicaion was incomplete and inside the letter was someone else's application. It took several calls before they could tell me if my application was okay. :nono:
that must be dicions app. :shock:

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Dexdahex »

Utopia54 wrote:Been reading the board for awhile and finally decided to post. Misery loves company and this is the right forum for that.
Welcome aboard... :txflag:
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

joe817
Posts in topic: 72

Post by joe817 »

Aladinbama wrote:I received a phone call this morning - the wait is close to over. My tech said my application was completed and I should have my license "in hand" by the end of next week (I'm thinking it will take a little longer).
I guess when the DPS Director and the Governor's Chief of Staff discovered I had an 03 FFL, they decided that I couldn't be a bad guy afterall. That must have been it because there's no way they could have processed all the information I had sent them last Thursday regarding a "Self-Reported FELONY arrest" (that wasn't true) by this morning. No one in DPS's CHL office moves that fast.
Finally! The long ordeal is coming to a close. Congrats! :woohoo Hope you get it by end of next week!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Aladinbama
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Aladinbama »

Thanks Joe! The call I received this morning was on my voicemail. I called this afternoon to confirm and the Tech that has been working with my file said, "somebody must have really wanted to get your license issued. I've never seen so many people busting to get your file finished yesterday, what did you do". She even knew about the "mis-reported, self-report", so we had both written it off for a while.
I guess the emails to the DPS Director and the Governor's office and/or me providing them with a copy of my 03 FFL or both must have done it - it couldn't have been much else - it all happened too quick.
Now I have some prep work to complete :lol:: (fingers are still crossed)
4/16/2009 Packet Received
9/4/2009 Application Complete - License Issued or Certificate Active
09/09/09 License in Hand
http://www.thegunstockdoctor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jjohnson3306
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jjohnson3306 »

Aladinbama wrote:I received a phone call this morning - the wait is close to over. My tech said my application was completed and I should have my license "in hand" by the end of next week (I'm thinking it will take a little longer).
Congrats!!! :anamatedbanana Wish I was in your shoes. I'm still sitting around waiting for any reply except "We're still waiting for your background check to come back". :mad5
CHL Class 4-25-09
Mailed to DPS 4-28-09
Received Pin 6-10-09
DPS Phone Call Approved 08-27-09
CHL Approved 08-28-09
Plastic in Hand 09-04-09

jjohnson3306
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jjohnson3306 »

Welcome to our anger management forum, where you are more than welcome to express how you truly feel... Oh Yeah! while waiting for plastic :biggrinjester:
CHL Class 4-25-09
Mailed to DPS 4-28-09
Received Pin 6-10-09
DPS Phone Call Approved 08-27-09
CHL Approved 08-28-09
Plastic in Hand 09-04-09

dicion
Posts in topic: 76

Post by dicion »

USA1 wrote:
Utopia54 wrote:I was one of the lucky ones that received a letter from the DPS telling me that my applicaion was incomplete and inside the letter was someone else's application. It took several calls before they could tell me if my application was okay. :nono:
that must be dicions app. :shock:
Hey! If you have my app, send it to me! "rlol"

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”