100+ Club

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

dicion
Posts in topic: 12

Re: 100+ Club

Post by dicion »

138 here
Still Processing Application.

Day 77 since I sent them the additional information. The day this hits 90, I'm sending a hearing letter :thumbs2:
13 more days ;)

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Dexdahex »

texxas guy wrote:[b]Well, I guess my membership in the 100+ club has come to an end..................................at 145 days!

Plastic received 8/22/09 :anamatedbanana :woohoo [/b]

I feel your pain guys.......hang in there!!! :cheers2:
Congrats.. :anamatedbanana
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

wickedbrew
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wickedbrew »

texxas guy wrote:[b]Well, I guess my membership in the 100+ club has come to an end..................................at 145 days!

It is still amazing to me how there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to the processing times. I mean, my application has been in "processing application" status for 110 days. DPS has had my application in hand for 158 days. I've been working in banking since 2003 and that requires an FBI background check EVERYTIME you change employers, which has occurred for me more than once in that timeframe. I can hand count $1,000,000 in cash after 3 days but can't carry a gun after 150? What the heck? I'm not picking on you texxas guy, but I had my application in a week before you did and am still waiting. Heck, I've never even been arrested or gotten a parking ticket. How long does that background check take?
03/12 : CHL Class
03/15 : Packet Mailed
03/20 : Packet Received
05/07 : Processing application
05/12 : Received PIN snail mail
08/26 : Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
Time from packet received @ DPS to application completed: 159 days
Current Status: Watching mailbox!!

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 69

Post by USA1 »

wickedbrew wrote: How long does that background check take?
truth be known , only a couple of minutes .
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

wickedbrew
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wickedbrew »

USA1 wrote:
wickedbrew wrote: How long does that background check take?
truth be known , only a couple of minutes .
That is what I thought. I've run background checks for hiring people to work with kids and it only took the click of a mouse.
03/12 : CHL Class
03/15 : Packet Mailed
03/20 : Packet Received
05/07 : Processing application
05/12 : Received PIN snail mail
08/26 : Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
Time from packet received @ DPS to application completed: 159 days
Current Status: Watching mailbox!!

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

Day 124 & they said it there and all thy have to do is send it to me..so they say...:shock:...
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

texxas guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by texxas guy »

wickedbrew wrote:

What the heck? I'm not picking on you texxas guy, but I had my application in a week before you did and am still waiting. Heck, I've never even been arrested or gotten a parking ticket. How long does that background check take?
I hear ya......I knew several who sent theirs in after mine and got theirs first. No rhyme or reason. Good Luck! :cheers2:
02/28/09 : CHL Class
03/24/09 : Packet Mailed
03/30/09 : Packet Received
05/18/09 : Received PIN snail mail
08/19/09 : Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
08/22/09 : Plastic received
Tarrant County

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

Day 125 just waiting on the mail... :totap:

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Aladinbama
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Aladinbama »

Aladinbama wrote: Actual day 128, but due to having to explain a "self-reported" FELONY arrest I supposedly (but didn't) put on my application, I think I'm reset to day 3 AGAIN. The actual arrest was a misdemeanor that I pled guilty to being a Youthful Offender too and yes, because I'm honest and stupid I put it on the application - I didn't want them to have a reason to deny me (lying on application).
Of course since the City of Decatur, County of Morgan, and the State of Alabama did what they were suppose to and destroyed all records of my "juvenile misdemeanor offense" when I turned 21, I bet this CHL license process is going to be a fun one.
I sent in all the records my lawyer sent me and a copy of my current FFL License. Hopefully, that should expedite this process a bit.
I have a feeling this is going to be a loonnngggg wait!
I guess it worked :cheers2: They received the information regarding the arrest "they" questioned last Thursday along with my 03 FFL. I also emailed the director Saturday (and CC'd the Governor's Chief of Staff) a response to his email to me about why it was taking soo long to process my application (basically typical DPS talk) and included information regarding my 03 FFL. There is no way they could have checked out ALL the information I sent them in the short amount of time since (it had to be the FFL and the email to the director that cleared me). This morning I received a phone call from the tech that has been "dealing with me" regularly and she told me that my application was completed and it should take no more than a week to further print and deliver my license (my thoughts are more like two).
Anyway, it'll crack day 140, but hopefully the end is in sight. If you haven't, email your representatives (although mine were a bust) and it wouldn't hurt to email the Governor's office. Explain the law, your rights, and DPS not allowing you the right to protect your family as granted by the State of Texas. Be respectful, but firm (I was going to start cranky and demanding this Friday).
My Pre-celebration -
:woohoo :thewave :woohoo
4/16/2009 Packet Received
9/4/2009 Application Complete - License Issued or Certificate Active
09/09/09 License in Hand
http://www.thegunstockdoctor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

Aladinbama wrote:
Aladinbama wrote: Actual day 128, but due to having to explain a "self-reported" FELONY arrest I supposedly (but didn't) put on my application, I think I'm reset to day 3 AGAIN. The actual arrest was a misdemeanor that I pled guilty to being a Youthful Offender too and yes, because I'm honest and stupid I put it on the application - I didn't want them to have a reason to deny me (lying on application).
Of course since the City of Decatur, County of Morgan, and the State of Alabama did what they were suppose to and destroyed all records of my "juvenile misdemeanor offense" when I turned 21, I bet this CHL license process is going to be a fun one.
I sent in all the records my lawyer sent me and a copy of my current FFL License. Hopefully, that should expedite this process a bit.
I have a feeling this is going to be a loonnngggg wait!
I guess it worked :cheers2: They received the information regarding the arrest "they" questioned last Thursday along with my 03 FFL. I also emailed the director Saturday (and CC'd the Governor's Chief of Staff) a response to his email to me about why it was taking soo long to process my application (basically typical DPS talk) and included information regarding my 03 FFL. There is no way they could have checked out ALL the information I sent them in the short amount of time since (it had to be the FFL and the email to the director that cleared me). This morning I received a phone call from the tech that has been "dealing with me" regularly and she told me that my application was completed and it should take no more than a week to further print and deliver my license (my thoughts are more like two).
Anyway, it'll crack day 140, but hopefully the end is in sight. If you haven't, email your representatives (although mine were a bust) and it wouldn't hurt to email the Governor's office. Explain the law, your rights, and DPS not allowing you the right to protect your family as granted by the State of Texas. Be respectful, but firm (I was going to start cranky and demanding this Friday).
My Pre-celebration -
:woohoo :thewave :woohoo

Good to hear....Congrats

CHL Holder
NRA Member

lonewolf
Posts in topic: 20

Post by lonewolf »

Here is a pre-Congratulations! :cheers2: :thumbs2:

I'll be joining the 100+ club if/when mine passes that point. Still have a ways to go..... :patriot: :txflag:

generush
Posts in topic: 5

Post by generush »

wickedbrew wrote:
It is still amazing to me how there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to the processing times.... What the heck? I'm not picking on you texxas guy, but I had my application in a week before you did and am still waiting. Heck, I've never even been arrested or gotten a parking ticket. How long does that background check take?
There's always someone who has been waiting longer, at least that's what DPS tells me every time I call. :confused5 My brother-in-law got his plastic this past weekend, but I took my class about 3 weeks earlier. I'm at 103 days from providing additional info, 172 days from DPS receipt. There must be a few silent, patient, FEB folks still lurking out there according to the DPS.
02/13/09 - Online App
02/28/09 - CHL Class Taken
03/02/09 - PIN received
03/03/09 - Packet mailed to DPS
05/04/09 - Detailed Letter Sent
05/14/09 - Processing App
08/29/09 - App Complete
09/03/09 - Plastic in hand

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 69

Post by USA1 »

its like when you're in a restaurant , and the people that came in after you get their food first . :roll:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Jim Lockey
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jim Lockey »

It has been 111 days for me.
I quess having to send in new prints cost me a bunch. They've had the new prints 2 1/2 months.

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

USA1 wrote:its like when you're in a restaurant , and the people that came in after you get their food first . :roll:
:shock: Does it really happen... :evil2: I though they were still looking at the menu... ;-) I know what I want... :tiphat: I would like to start with the CHL please... :lol::

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”