Man With Open Carry Near Obama – Horrors, Gasp, Awful!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 4

Man With Open Carry Near Obama – Horrors, Gasp, Awful!

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

This is pretty hilarious to see the reactions from these media stooges.
“A guy has a gun in the open near our “historic” president?” (Yes, he said historic.)

This was “developing news” on MSNBC. Obama was on his way to a town hall in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. There were many protesters standing around waiting for his arrival. One man was openly carrying a handgun. The man, it is said, had a permit, had a registered gun, and had permission from the property owner (church property) to be on the property with his open carry gun. Watch Larry, Curly, and Moe debate this endlessly, stating that the guy should be removed from the private property immediately. They are demanding that Feds round the guy up and remove him from the same vicinity of the Great Messiah who is soon to grace the proletariats of Portsmouth with his legendary and divine presence. Curly says, “I can’t imagine there aren’t enough lawyers in New Hampshire who can’t file some kind of emergency injunction.”

In fact, at 4:20 of the video, watch Curly talk about the “spirited” debates, where he actually says that some of the town hall protests went too far because “sometimes words can turn into actions, and those actions in some cases can be violent.” The three stooges them imply that something should be done about the protests. These hysterical milquetoasts are an embarrassment to themselves, their profession, and their American heritage.
Video here:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/a ... 32789.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

dicion
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Man With Open Carry Near Obama – Horrors, Gasp, Awful!

Post by dicion »

If you watch the interview(interrogation?) of this guy after the fact, he holds up pretty well to the obvious baiting trying to get him to 'out' himself as a 'right wing nutjob' :roll:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=AYUmCj4yud4[/youtube]

I don't think I could have done better myself... then again, I wouldn't go on one of these shows myself just to get it implied to the ignorant masses that watch it that I'm a lunatic.

boomerang
Posts in topic: 3

Post by boomerang »

The comment later in the first video about people speaking their minds really drives home how they feel about basic civil rights. Not only are they opposed to the right to keep and bear arms, and free exercise of religion, but now they're openly admitting they're not so big on freedom of speech either.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Geeze!!! Did you hear Matthews hollerin' about bringing a "G** D***ed GUN" to a presidential event? That's not an interview; it's a prosecution. :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Drewthetexan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Drewthetexan »

Wow. Just wow.
I'd like to shake that man's hand. :tiphat:

Purpletj

Post by Purpletj »

Ummm, Wow.
3-7-09- CHL Course
3-9-09-Papers Mailed
3-16-09-Check Cashed
4-20-09-PIN Recd.
6-10-09- Application Completed!!!
06-13-09- Plastic in hand!!!

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

Kind of a Monty Python moment...'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

(hope I spelled it correctly!)

That was brutal to watch. The guy held his tounge better than I would have while being yelled at and talked over.

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

Wow! What an angry man.

Chris Matthews was wanting to rattle this guy - but instead Chris was rattled because the guy was very well spoken and would not allow himself to be shaken. This guy did an amazing job!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

I would love to buy the guy a few beers and pat him on the back for a job well done. I love American Patriots.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

shootthesheet

Post by shootthesheet »

I agree the guy did a great job resisting Matthews attempts to show us all as violent people on the verge of losing control. In fact, he showed that Matthews is the kind that cannot control himself. We have to all remember that if we are in the public eye and people know we are 2A supporters, with or without the media, it is necessary we do not allow ourselves to even appear to lose control. We are ambasitors of the Second Amendment to those who are to ignorant to understand why they need it as much as we do.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whistler

Post by whistler »

I agree that the man was within his rights, and that the media always plays to whatever will get the most notice. But carrying a sign advocating "watering the tree of liberty" which is basically calling for violent overthrow of the government, is not a reasonable way to get anyone to see your point of view.

All he will do is encourage the majority to actually increase gun control to get weapons out of the hands of people who want to overthrow the government and/or assassinate the president.

Wasn't it Barry Goldwater who said "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice" and got waxed in the presidential election. All extremism does in America is turn the majority against your cause. See the weathermen, the panthers, etc.

A-R
Posts in topic: 7

Post by A-R »

I'm truly flabbergasted by MSNBC's coverage of this. I mean, I understand that not everyone fully understands the intracies of gun laws in each state, but the chief of police SAID IT'S OK!!!!

This is the scary part of how many in our society view guns ... always bad, unless carried by a LEO or military (and even then, merely a necessary evil). I thank God every day that our Founding Fathers had to foresight to ratify the Second Amendment. Otherwise, we would have lost any right to possess any gun for any purpose (kinda like England).

By the way, does anyone know for sure if this guy was anywhere near Obama?
Last edited by A-R on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

there's only one guy i can't stand more than Chris Mathews :skep:

i think we all know who that is . :shock:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Drewthetexan

Post by Drewthetexan »

does he command the debt star?

USA1

Post by USA1 »

bingo
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Return to “Off-Topic”