April 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

USA1
Posts in topic: 249

Re: April 2009 Applications

Post by USA1 »

gwtrikenut wrote:Went to the post office this morning, and guess what was there? PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
:anamatedbanana :thewave :woohoo :cheers2:
congratulations !! :cheers2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

USA1
Posts in topic: 249

Post by USA1 »

BDB55 wrote:OK....I'm trying to be REALLY patient!!!! :grumble Just got off the phone with technician and was told that they are still waiting on background check from Harris county. My application has been in since April 6th. I have read that some have sent a letter of complaint to the state senator and recieved some satisfaction in expediting the application. Is this correct? Someone please give me some guidance.

Thanks!
PM sent
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

gwtrikenut
Posts in topic: 23

Post by gwtrikenut »

There must be something I need at Wally World. :roll:

Took almost 4 months. Way too long. But hang in there April applications. Bet yours is in the mail as we type.

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Dexdahex »

gwtrikenut wrote:Went to the post office this morning, and guess what was there? PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
:anamatedbanana :thewave :woohoo :cheers2:
Congrats... :anamatedbanana
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

dicion
Posts in topic: 76

Post by dicion »

gwtrikenut wrote: But hang in there April applications. Bet yours is in the mail as we type.
No, no it's not... at least according to the website.
:cryin :cryin :cryin

Man, I Totally have a wedding to go to in Pennsylvania next month.. I was hoping to be able to totally Rock a Galco Miami Vice Style shoulder rig there too...

bb281
Posts in topic: 35

Post by bb281 »

:waiting:

gwtrikenut
Posts in topic: 23

Post by gwtrikenut »

When you hit 90 days or three months, which ever you want to call it, it is time to start contacting your state representative, e-mailing DPS, do what ever comes to mind. But get people to talking and bringing up your name. A squeaky wheel gets greased. I sent so many e-mail's, they were e-mailing me, asking if I had heard anything or received my license. And they even contacted me this past Saturday. So they do listen. As long as you DO NOT get testy. Keep cool. They are there to help you, and they will. Just keep it civil.

dicion

Post by dicion »

Aladinbama wrote:
gwtrikenut wrote:When you hit 90 days or three months, which ever you want to call it, it is time to start contacting your state representative, e-mailing DPS, do what ever comes to mind. But get people to talking and bringing up your name. A squeaky wheel gets greased. I sent so many e-mail's, they were e-mailing me, asking if I had heard anything or received my license. And they even contacted me this past Saturday. So they do listen. As long as you DO NOT get testy. Keep cool. They are there to help you, and they will. Just keep it civil.
Been there / done that, I've been as polite as possible, contacted all "the right" people, and (to no offense to anyone here) am still a part of this crowd. According to my contact at DPS, "NOTHING" has happened to my file for over 45 days.
I'd say it's time to get testy, being polite has gotten "me" nowhere. The last set of emails/phone calls I made last Thursday were the "polite, but testy" type. We'll see where that gets me.
*cough*requestahearing*cough*

.. It's worked for others....

See
http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 42&t=25979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 42&t=24478" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for more information

Rigger 609
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rigger 609 »

BDB55 wrote:OK....I'm trying to be REALLY patient!!!! :grumble Just got off the phone with technician and was told that they are still waiting on background check from Harris county. My application has been in since April 6th. I have read that some have sent a letter of complaint to the state senator and recieved some satisfaction in expediting the application. Is this correct? Someone please give me some guidance.

Thanks!
I have been waiting since 19 march in Harris county. I contacted two state rep's and they called DPS. DPS called me and told me they are still waiting on my Harris county background check, and there is no one to contact and no way to speed it up. I sent an e-mail to the Lt. GOV. office Saturday to see if they could help. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Day-145 and waiting.
U.S. Navy (Retired)
03/14/09 -- CHL Class Taken
03/17/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
03/19/09 -- Received by DPS
05/05/09 -- PIN received
XX/XX/09 -- Application Complete
XX/XX/09 -- Plastic in hand

dicion

Post by dicion »

I emailed DPS to see whats up with mine so far...
No citing laws, nothing, just a 'hey, whats up with my app' email.

We'll see what they say.

jdwashburn
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jdwashburn »

try contacting ur state rep thats what i did and it worked
03/21/09- Took Chl Class
03/23/09- Sent packet
03/25/09- Dps Received
05/01/09- Processing Application
08/08/09- Application Complete (also my B-Day)
xx/xx/xx- Plastic in hand

FishermanCool
Posts in topic: 12

Post by FishermanCool »

Another week goes by, and nothing has progressed. I am tired of calling. Why can't they just follow the letter of the law?
FishermanCool
03/03 : CHL Class
03/20 : Packet & Pin Received
04/06 : Packet Mailed
04/09 : Application Received
05/12 : Processing Application
08/18 : Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
08/22 : Plastic in Hand

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

I Called today and I was told... :leaving Now hear this I am waiting for printing, and it has to come back from them, then they will change my status.... :headscratch can someone please press enter on the keyboard and press the green button on whatever machine that make it :banghead:
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

Aladinbama wrote:I checked my status this morning and GUESS WHAT? It said ...

"Processing Application"

Doh! :banghead: What did I really expect?
The wait continues - :totap:
(In a spiritual voice from "up there") If you fill it out and complete the course, "IT" will come.
Ditto :banghead:

CHL Holder
NRA Member

bb281
Posts in topic: 35

Post by bb281 »

Dexdahex wrote:I Called today and I was told... :leaving Now hear this I am waiting for printing, and it has to come back from them, then they will change my status.... :headscratch can someone please press enter on the keyboard and press the green button on whatever machine that make it :banghead:
I hope this is true.. My background check supposedly came in last week but my status still hasn't changed... :headscratch

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”