100+ Club

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Coffeyc
Posts in topic: 5

Re: 100+ Club

Post by Coffeyc »

I am finally back to processing application.

For those that do not know, at day 165 I was told I was missing info. Apparently they need two forms of proof that I am in the military. So I get that out in the mail July 5th even though I still have not received the detailed letter that they sent on the 3rd. I call a few weeks later and they tell me I have to wait for the letter before sending stuff in. so I wait another week, still no letter. I call again, a very nice lady says, "Can you fax it?" WOW that has been an option all along of course I can. so I do and now 2 weeks later it finally goes back to processing application.

So now I am at day 205 :???:
Beretta 96 C .40 S&W
Smith & Wesson 915 9MM
Yes I like my WW2 technology, they go bang every time.

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Coffeyc wrote:I am finally back to processing application.

For those that do not know, at day 165 I was told I was missing info. Apparently they need two forms of proof that I am in the military. So I get that out in the mail July 5th even though I still have not received the detailed letter that they sent on the 3rd. I call a few weeks later and they tell me I have to wait for the letter before sending stuff in. so I wait another week, still no letter. I call again, a very nice lady says, "Can you fax it?" WOW that has been an option all along of course I can. so I do and now 2 weeks later it finally goes back to processing application.

This is ridiculous. For me, as I read other peoples posts, I don't think it was coincidence they waited until just before day 60 to send a letter saying they were missing information. That gives them another 60 days to find something else missing, send another letter and the clock restarts at 0 days once they receive the updated info. I'm coming up on that second 60 soon, I hope this doesn't happen again, but who knows.

But for them to waiting 165 days before telling you, without a letter, that your military id was not enough to prove your status is ridiculous. You should be on the phone and sending emails to your state reps about this.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 69

Post by USA1 »

Coffeyc wrote:
OMG !!! :eek6 :headscratch
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Coffeyc

Post by Coffeyc »

I know I work in the Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Agency, for the 453d Electronic Warfare Squadron, I am pretty sure my history and background has been checked.

I am actually far beyound mad, I am now just amused. It is funny if you think about it. so many people with normal jobs get theres in less than 100 days and me being in the military having a Top Secret and higher clearance, I am over 200. oh well maybe it will get here by Christmas. :cheers2:
Beretta 96 C .40 S&W
Smith & Wesson 915 9MM
Yes I like my WW2 technology, they go bang every time.

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 69

Post by USA1 »

well , by reading your signature line , i can tell you have a great sense of humor :lol:
i hope you get it SOON!!! :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Dexdahex »

Aladinbama wrote:
Coffeyc wrote:I am finally back to processing application.
You know, I thought it was ridiculous for someone with an FFL (me) to have to wait so long, but for you - this is a cryin shame.

I wonder if Gregg Abbott would be interested in this, it's definitely a case of DPS thumbing the consumer. What else could you call it?
:eek6 This makes no sense :banghead: DPS are you listening :clapping:
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

110 Days......... :grumble
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

generush

Post by generush »

I'm at 158 days since DPS received my app., 89 days since they received missing info on one of my fingerprint cards. (I missed the POB box, which somehow I was supposed to know to write in my place of birth in a box that only has room for 2 letters. :confused5 ) I called on Friday and was told they are still waiting for Harris and Brazoria background checks. Maybe something magic will happen when I roll pass the new 90 day deadline tomorrow. :lol:
02/13/09 - Online App
02/28/09 - CHL Class Taken
03/02/09 - PIN received
03/03/09 - Packet mailed to DPS
05/04/09 - Detailed Letter Sent
05/14/09 - Processing App
08/29/09 - App Complete
09/03/09 - Plastic in hand

TexasAggie2006

Post by TexasAggie2006 »

Count me in. Today makes 102 for me.
4/18/2009 Completed CHL Class
4/29/2009 Application Mailed
5/1/2009 Packet Confirmed delivered to DPS
5/1/2009 Pin Recieved
6/9/2009 -- Processing Application
XX/XX/2009 -- Application Complete
XX/XX/2009 -- Plastic in hand

jdwashburn
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jdwashburn »

join the club :hurry:
03/21/09- Took Chl Class
03/23/09- Sent packet
03/25/09- Dps Received
05/01/09- Processing Application
08/08/09- Application Complete (also my B-Day)
xx/xx/xx- Plastic in hand

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

111 Days... :yawn

CHL Holder
NRA Member

texasflyfisher

Post by texasflyfisher »

134 days :grumble

neiltus
Posts in topic: 2

Post by neiltus »

Well, as of today, Aug 11, I am at 95 days and still PA. I called today, tried to be as nice as possible, was told, "everything is done, we are just waiting to send it to print". "We use an outside contractor to print the licenses".

My response was, "wow, there is a wait to print, why", while thinking- just up and get all the damn licenses that are done and send em to print.

Did not get an answer.

Anyway, she said "couple weeks". I almost trust that.

:thumbs2:
Course 5/2
Mailed packet 5/4
Application Processing 6/10
After reprints and all FINALLY 8/5 Plastic!

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

neiltus wrote:Well, as of today, Aug 11, I am at 95 days and still PA. I called today, tried to be as nice as possible, was told, "everything is done, we are just waiting to send it to print". "We use an outside contractor to print the licenses".

My response was, "wow, there is a wait to print, why", while thinking- just up and get all the darn licenses that are done and send em to print.

Did not get an answer.

Anyway, she said "couple weeks". I almost trust that.

:thumbs2:
let's just bypass the middle man and call the contractor :lol:: I was told the same thing :banghead:

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

112 Days.. :totap:

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”