Turn in your Neighbor for $1000 - Newark, NJ

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

dicion
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Turn in your Neighbor for $1000 - Newark, NJ

Post by dicion »

As I said before.. there's already someone to call to report a person illegally carrying a weapon.

It's called 911

I have no problem with people calling to report such.. I DO have a problem with this new 'anonymous' system to report it.

With it, anyone can send the police to anyone else's front door without fear of reprisal for making a false claim.

Change the system.. just have them call 911 to report it, you can even keep the $1000 reward if it's found to be true. Just remove the anonymous reporting part of it.

Ya know, come to think of it... I think it's written somewhere that we have the right to face our accuser... this sort of prevents that.

tarkus
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tarkus »

dicion wrote:I have no problem with people calling to report such.. I DO have a problem with this new 'anonymous' system to report it.
That's one of the reasons the system should be swamped with calls reporting the mayor, his cronies, police, feds, etc.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by der Teufel »

74novaman wrote:
der Teufel wrote:On the other hand, when you see a crime in progress, don't you call 911? He did specify "illegal" guns.

What about Neighborhood Watch programs? Citizens watching out for each other and reporting problems. Some times it is good when people don't simply "mind their own business." Just because this program involves guns doesn't automatically mean it's a bad idea.
Absolutely I would call 911 if I saw a strange van in front of a neighbors house with a bunch of guys loading up furniture. I just have a feeling most people, especially in NJ, will see an "illegal" gun every time they see anyone with a long case being carried out to a car, or any gun. Seems to me this will create a lot of harassment of legal gun owners, which I'm sure the mayor won't mind.

You seem to have a lot of faith in the sheeple of NJ's ability to differentiate between a legal and illegal gun. I just don't share your positive outlook I guess. :biggrinjester:
You bring up valid points. I don't have a problem with the instance you describe about someone loading up the neighbors furniture, and if I saw a shootout going on among a group of teenagers, or even if they were 'merely' waving guns around and yelling at each other, I'd probably call 911. However, I understand and agree with your concern that this system could be ripe for abuse and misuse. Like a previous poster said, there's already a reporting system -- call 911.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

74novaman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 74novaman »

der Teufel wrote: Like a previous poster said, there's already a reporting system -- call 911.
:iagree:
TANSTAAFL

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”