"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Has anyone had their picture returned.having a bluetooth in

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

daymoon wrote:Hello everyone,

I have an interesting question.

I took my CHL course last September and sent my APP in immediately.But when the instructor took my picture I had my bluetooth in my ear (for anyone who uses one it is quite easy to forget that you have it in). Immediately thereafter I realized my mistake and asked the instructor to take another picture.He said it did not matter....BIG MISTAKE! I believed him and sent in my packet.....

Here is my question...... Has anyone had this happen to them,where their picture got kicked back and after fixing the problem how long did it take you to get your CHL in the mail.My current status is application being processed. Does this happening to you put you in further queue above newer applications hence it was returned??

Curious and perplexed,
Daymoon. :patriot:
That is absurd. Most likely they did it to give them a reason for delaying your processing. I could understand them having an issue with a mask or something...but not an ear piece. Geeze...what if a feller were deaf and had a hearing aid?

USA1
Posts in topic: 55

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by USA1 »

i have seen women getting their drivers license photo taken wearing a birka .
all you can see is their eyes . :shock:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

dwdog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dwdog »

I am now on day 130(ish) waiting on my CHL, but that's not what my concern is right now, I left town for a funeral. Came home, my bathroom window busted out, front door unlocked, gun safe and 5 firearms gone!!!!! One 12 guage, one AR-15(.223), one 243, one .38 special, and one .40cal. I had all the serial numbers in my wallet, so I was able to give those to the police. I believe someone has been watching me, knew I had guns, and knew I was leaving town. I know it was more than one person, because my safe was very heavy. Those suckers had better be caught. Although, I am sure I will never see those guns again. If I do, I don't know if I would want a gun back that was used in a robbery or a murder. Chances are, my AR-15 is probably headed to Mexico. Now I don't feel safe in my own home, which I first thought was a good neighborhood. I am mad about my guns being stolen, but what bothers me the most, is that I am a husband and father, and some strangers forced their way into my home. Now, I just want justice to be served. Any information, please contact Texas City PD. Thank you.
Application Mailed: 26MAR 09
Pin Received: 24MAY09
Told being printed
but still showed as
processing: 27AUG09
Application Comp: 30AUG09
License Rec: XXXXXXXX

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 40

Post by seamusTX »

That stinks.

You are correct that it most likely was someone who knew that you were leaving town. Think about who knew. Did you put a hold on your newspaper delivery? Did you ask someone to house-sit or feed pets? Do any of your neighbors have disreputable teenage or young adult offspring living with them?

Were any of the weapons distinctive enough for the people who work at the range to recognize them on sight, particularly if someone they have never seen before comes to shoot?

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Dexdahex »

dwdog wrote:I am now on day 130(ish) waiting on my CHL, but that's not what my concern is right now, I left town for a funeral. Came home, my bathroom window busted out, front door unlocked, gun safe and 5 firearms gone!!!!! One 12 guage, one AR-15(.223), one 243, one .38 special, and one .40cal. I had all the serial numbers in my wallet, so I was able to give those to the police. I believe someone has been watching me, knew I had guns, and knew I was leaving town. I know it was more than one person, because my safe was very heavy. Those suckers had better be caught. Although, I am sure I will never see those guns again. If I do, I don't know if I would want a gun back that was used in a robbery or a murder. Chances are, my AR-15 is probably headed to Mexico. Now I don't feel safe in my own home, which I first thought was a good neighborhood. I am mad about my guns being stolen, but what bothers me the most, is that I am a husband and father, and some strangers forced their way into my home. Now, I just want justice to be served. Any information, please contact Texas City PD. Thank you.
Sorry to hear about it...Be safe...
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

Davillan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Davillan »

Hey room... my name is David, so I just mailed off my paper work on the 23rd. is there a way to know your status or to view if the paper work has got to the right place???

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Davillan wrote:Hey room... my name is David, so I just mailed off my paper work on the 23rd. is there a way to know your status or to view if the paper work has got to the right place???
hi David '
did you mail certified , return receipt ?...that way you can track it .
you will receive a PIN via snail mail after 3 to 6 weeks.
then you can track your status online .

Davillan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Davillan »

thank you.. I guess I am waiting on the pin.. thanks for the help

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Davillan wrote:thank you.. I guess I am waiting on the pin.. thanks for the help
no problemo :tiphat:
in the mean time ,there's lots to learn here .
and a few good laughs now and then . :mrgreen:

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

At this rate of waiting I be a senior member in no time... :txflag:
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

Maybe I should apply at DPS...Doh what am I thinking...I will have to wait for another BG check...But if hired at least I will come up with better excuses...ie the printer is on strike, our power is off, your application is unreadable as I don't know how to read, we can only approve you after you go insane, What application, What's a CHL?, I will get back to after I look into this, I would be upset to...G34 Bingo...oh am sorry what were you saying... :mrgreen:

CHL Holder
NRA Member

karder
Posts in topic: 6

Post by karder »

Anyone here from El Paso County? I mailed my packet out April 1st and am still stuck on "Processing Application". Getting frustrating, but it sounds like this is normal.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Dexdahex

Post by Dexdahex »

karder wrote:Anyone here from El Paso County? I mailed my packet out April 1st and am still stuck on "Processing Application". Getting frustrating, but it sounds like this is normal.
Welcome karder...Oh it normal..not right but normal :txflag:

CHL Holder
NRA Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

El Paso County can't be any worse than Harris County. DPS has been telling me since april they are waiting on Harris County BG. Been waiting 15 days shy of 6 months since they recieved my app.
App mailed 02/20/09
DPS received 02/27/09
08/11/09 Status "Processing Application"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

karder
Posts in topic: 6

Post by karder »

WOW! Puma Guy, I have nothing to complain about. 6 months is completely unreasonable. I guess I'll just cool my heels here with you guys.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”