Harris County Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

myron243
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Harris County Applicants

Post by myron243 »

USA1 wrote: thats a good attitude to have . ;-)
i hope you get it soon :patriot:
Thanks. But what else you gonna do? I learned many, many years ago that the folks we deal with over a counter are not responsible for whatever is frustrating us. And by treating them with respect and patience from the beginning, sometimes the situation will be improved. If not improved, at least not worsened. And if we get upset with them and yell and bang on the counter it will probably get worse. And while I really, really want my CHL it's my fault that I waited until half of Texas is trying to get theirs at the same time.
9/12/09 - Day 174 - Finally in hand

myron243

Post by myron243 »

dicion wrote:
myron243 wrote:He did tell me someone somewhere is trying to get it changed to allow civilian employees to run background checks. Now they, as you all know are run by commissioned LEOs. And there is 1 that takes care of Harris and Galveston Counties. Plus the folks in the surrounding counties who work in Harris County.
This has been done. It takes effect September 1st under the sunset provisions of this legislative session.
That's good to hear. At least starting then folks will not have to wait like a lot of us.

redsectora
Posts in topic: 3

Post by redsectora »

162 days. IFit shows up in the mail this morning!! I can drive to Austin in two hours, hopefully the plastic can make it here in 4 days thru the USPS system. HECK, i bet it takes less than 4 days to WALK to Austin. Then again, who knows when DPS mailed it... :waiting:
02/21/09 CHL class
02/26/09 paperwork mailed
02/27/09 received in austin
03/06/09 check cashed
03/27/09 pin issued & 'Processing Application'
08/04/09 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
08/07/09 plastic in hand

KingOfDirk
Posts in topic: 10

Post by KingOfDirk »

Howdy, y'all,

I don't have any skin in this game for 3 1/2 more years, but I applied very shortly after Hurricane Ike, and I remember it seemed like my day would never come. Since nobody's posted in the Harris County Applicants folder for a while, I thought I'd ask those of you who are waiting an inordinate period (60+ days) to sound off and tell us how it's going for you.

God bless Texas,
KoD

:txflag:
"...the person who loves everybody and feels at home everywhere is the true hater of mankind. He expects nothing of men, so no form of depravity can outrage him."

myron243

Post by myron243 »

As shown in my sig it took 174 days mailbox to mailbox. That included a set back due to unprintable photos but still wore on an old man's nerves don't you know? :lol:

ranger0286
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ranger0286 »

I took the class for a new CHL on Aug. 9, mailed everything Aug. 11, and I received my plastic today. I'm in Harris County.

myron243

Post by myron243 »

ranger0286 wrote:I took the class for a new CHL on Aug. 9, mailed everything Aug. 11, and I received my plastic today. I'm in Harris County.
Congratulations. Looks like DPS is about to get caught up. That's not even 60 days. Have you made your Wally Walk yet :lol:

ranger0286
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ranger0286 »

myron243 wrote:
ranger0286 wrote:I took the class for a new CHL on Aug. 9, mailed everything Aug. 11, and I received my plastic today. I'm in Harris County.
Congratulations. Looks like DPS is about to get caught up. That's not even 60 days. Have you made your Wally Walk yet :lol:
Thanks, I just did the Wally Walk and the Whataburger walk, lol.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”