Anyone watch DDD on the Food Channel?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
txbirddog
Posts in topic: 2

Anyone watch DDD on the Food Channel?

Post by txbirddog »

This guy always wears the great bowling shirts that are nice looking enough to wear to casual dining. They are also great cover shirts. I have one of that style that is from HD. Wife wants me to wear a nicer shirt. I have searched his website and there is no listing of what brand or where he gets them.

Any of you out there that have found some nice looking ones of these. I am just not the Tommy Bahama type of guy. Thanks.

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Anyone watch DDD on the Food Channel?

Post by joe817 »

Not me, but a good idea. Have you simply googled "bowling shirt"? That should give you a good start. ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

joe817 wrote:Not me, but a good idea. Have you simply googled "bowling shirt"? That should give you a good start. ;-)
Joe is more the Hawaiian shirt type ;-)
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817

Post by joe817 »

usa1 wrote:
joe817 wrote:Not me, but a good idea. Have you simply googled "bowling shirt"? That should give you a good start. ;-)
How did you know? :lol: Yes I am. No taper = easier conceal, many colors and irregular print breaks up any lines that might occur. And I got to thinking(yes I do on occasion) that golf shirts(not knit), would work well too.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

joe817 wrote:
usa1 wrote:
How did you know? :lol: Yes I am. No taper = easier conceal, many colors and irregular print breaks up any lines that might occur. And I got to thinking(yes I do on occasion) that golf shirts(not knit), would work well too.
nothin wrong with that . ;-)

if my wife would let me, i'd be wearing the 1980's miami vice look .
they really knew fashion then .
love the white jacket, pants, and shoes , with the baby blue shirt ... :mrgreen:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

You might get away with it in Miami, but in Tomball? You'd stick out like a sore thumb......sharp looking handsome, but a sore thumb. And I'd look like totally ridiculous!
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

joe817 wrote:You might get away with it in Miami, but in Tomball? You'd stick out like a sore thumb......sharp looking handsome, but a sore thumb. And I'd look like totally ridiculous!
dang it :cryin now you sound like my wife :totap:

snorri
Posts in topic: 1

Post by snorri »

If you google "bowling shirt" you get stuff like this.

minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Wow, where in the world did you come up with that? All I find is stuff like....well....bowling shirts. :smilelol5:

http://www.bowlingshirt.com/bowling_shirts.bv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
txbirddog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txbirddog »

joe817 wrote:Wow, where in the world did you come up with that? All I find is stuff like....well....bowling shirts. :smilelol5:

http://www.bowlingshirt.com/bowling_shirts.bv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thought about those with my name on it and then......NAH. Well actually that was the wifey. :nono: It needs to be a little dressier without the marijuana or biker emblems.

couzin

Post by couzin »

I like these Guayaberas (Mexican wedding, Cuban, other names) from Penners http://www.pennersinc.com/Search.bok?ca ... era+Shirts - plus, Penners is from San Antonio. :txflag: They also have some nice Hawaiian shirts.
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

saj111

Post by saj111 »

saw some shirts like that at khols last week.
"we've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over!"

HKUSP45C

Post by HKUSP45C »

I get mine at Kohl's and Walmart for under $15 dollars each (on sale, 20-25 regular price) and they're nice enough to wear to work in a professional office or out to dinner at a casual dining place. Monte Carlo and A[x]IST are the brands I own the most of. They look a lot like the ones Guy wears or even Charlie Sheen's character on two and a half men.

I love a bowling shirt, tastefully done, for CCW since the gun, even in an OWB just dissapears. The added bonus is I don't look like a scrub or a "tactical Tom" in my 5.11 vest or oversized T-shirt. I usually wear Dickies or jeans and a nice pair of Cebu workboots. People never seem to give me the "hairy eye" for my mode of dress and I can even get service in the electronics section of most stores, something I used to have a problem with before I figured out that people will percieve you in exactly the way you project your self.

ETA: I also have a few Guyaberra shirts from Mexico, they're nice too. The site above has some nice shirts but at $50 a piece, they're a little spendy for me.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

You probably don't want to wear this shirt... :biggrinjester:

But it and some others can be found at:

http://www.bowlingshirt.com/retrob/printed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't ordered anything from them, but the shirts looked pretty nice. I'm more of a Hawaiian Shirt kind of guy, some that are true Hawaiian Shirts and then the tropical looking shirts from various islands, Tommy Bahama, etc.

texasnative

Post by texasnative »

:iagree:

Agree with HKUSP45C. Kohls and WalMart have a pretty good selection for a reasonable price. These are also called "camp shirts". I wear short sleeves in the Summer and long sleeves in the Winter. It is hard to find the long sleeves, but 2 companies make them that I am aware of (I'm sure many more do)...

Batik Bay...Kohls
Monte Carlo...WalMart

They are nice enough to wear anywhere and meant to wear not tucked.
--texasnative

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”