May 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

EHS
Posts in topic: 15

Re: May 2009 Applications

Post by EHS »

Well, 76 or so days it sure seems alot longer!!! Any good news from the May bunch?

:txflag: :grumble
READ THE AVATAR

BrianSW99
Posts in topic: 10

Post by BrianSW99 »

Based on what I've seen from the April bunch, I would expect to see May folks start to get their licenses in early August (depending on county.)
NRA & TSRA Member
CHL Instructor

simpleton
Posts in topic: 7

Post by simpleton »

I am now at 76 days and have not recieve the letter with my PIN. I have gotten it from them via email, but I would still think they would send me the letter. Anyone else still waiting on their PIN?

05/01/09 Mailed App
05/07/09 App entered into system (According to what DPS said when I called for a status update)
05/14/09 check cashed
07/08/09 Recieved my PIN after an email request.
Hidalgo County
05/01/09 Mailed App
05/07/09 App entered into system (According to what DPS said when I called for a status update)
05/14/09 check cashed
07/08/09 Recieved my PIN after an email request.
08/26/09 Online status changed to Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

EHS
Posts in topic: 15

Post by EHS »

I only got a letter. Have you tried the number to check the status? Maybe they are tring to save some money with your app so you can get it quicker?! :lol:
READ THE AVATAR

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Post by USA1 »

EHS wrote: Maybe they are tring to save some money with your app so you can get it quicker?! :lol:
dern recession ...maybe it would be cheaper to send text messages ...
that would also combat the so called global warming
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

rob845
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rob845 »

I received the PIN a little over a month after they received the application. But now I am over 70 days and have not received a letter saying they are slow..... I am hopiong that 70 days is NOT the 1/2 way point.... :waiting:
*Taurus PT845/745
*Bersa Thunder 9 Compact

DrBillC
Posts in topic: 7

Post by DrBillC »

Encouraging news. A friend of mine took his CHL class and mailed in his application two weeks earlier than me (class 5/2, application mailed 5/4). His application status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" yesterday. Maybe soon! :clapping: :drool:
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. (Colossians 3:17)

USA1

Post by USA1 »

DrBillC wrote:Encouraging news. A friend of mine took his CHL class and mailed in his application two weeks earlier than me (class 5/2, application mailed 5/4). His application status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" yesterday. Maybe soon! :clapping: :drool:
definitely a good indicator :thumbs2:

jcarouth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jcarouth »

Well, I got the dreaded "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent." message today when I checked my status — although I'm not sure how long it's been there as I've been exercising restraint in checking it compulsively.

I decided to call and see what the issue was specifically and apparently DPS doesn't like an address in my employment history. The kind representative would not indicate which address they felt was not "correct" :mad5 and there was no way I could give her the information over the phone :headscratch . I think this is rather ridiculous, but that's just me.

I'd bet they don't like the address to my current and third-former employer which is a public institution in Texas, which, to my knowledge at least, does not have a physical address other than the name of the university. So, when I get the letter from DPS I think I'll have to call them and figure out what would make it a valid address to them. :rules: *sigh* This probably puts me back two months. :grumble
05/17/2009: CHL Course Completed
05/19/2009: Application Mailed (Certified and RRR)
05/26/2009: Application Received by DPS (One week to travel 105 miles? :grumble )
06/01/2009: Check cashed by DPS
11/17/2009: Plastic Received

papacharles

Post by papacharles »

5/09/2009 CHL class @ Elm Fork (excellent instructor T.J.Pilling)
5/12/2009 Paper work mailed (3 days)
6/22/2009 Received PIN (44 days)
7/23/2009 Paperwork Rejected (letter will be sent)(75 days)
mea culpa:
(1) failed to sign back of #2 picture;
(2) failed to include employment address (I am not employed)
7/30/2009 Paperwork received in mail/corrected/returned on same afternoon(82 days)
8/07/2009 Processing Application (90 days)
9/05/2009 16 weeks + 4 days = Application Completed - license issued or certificate active (112 days)
9/11/2009 plastic in hand! (118 days) :txflag:
x/xx/xxxx locate appropriate holster
PapaCharles
NRA MEMBER
Plano, Collin Cty, TX
almost new 9mm Kimber Pro Carry II
Last edited by papacharles on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 16 times in total.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

papacharles wrote: The Dallas Morning News reported that DPS was taking 16 weeks average.
hmmm ,today makes exactly 16 weeks for me .
.......mommy always told me i was above average .. :mrgreen:

suthdj
Posts in topic: 11

Post by suthdj »

jcarouth wrote:Well, I got the dreaded "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent." message today when I checked my status — although I'm not sure how long it's been there as I've been exercising restraint in checking it compulsively.

I decided to call and see what the issue was specifically and apparently DPS doesn't like an address in my employment history. The kind representative would not indicate which address they felt was not "correct" :mad5 and there was no way I could give her the information over the phone :headscratch . I think this is rather ridiculous, but that's just me.

I'd bet they don't like the address to my current and third-former employer which is a public institution in Texas, which, to my knowledge at least, does not have a physical address other than the name of the university. So, when I get the letter from DPS I think I'll have to call them and figure out what would make it a valid address to them. :rules: *sigh* This probably puts me back two months. :grumble
I got the same letter but for my DD-214 it took about 1 week to get the letter.However I was able to call to get info and fax back before I ever got the letter. Let us know what they did not like about the address when you get the letter.

It would sure be nice if there was an area where things like this could be listed so new applicants can see the errors of past applicants and not make the same mistake.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Too Tall
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Too Tall »

I think I must be at just about the danger point (e.g. 60 days - the ominous letter phase). So far so good. I sho' do hope saying that is not tempting fate! I've only been tempted once or twice to write/call and tell DPS, "You realize I'm OOOOOOOOLD? Promise me you'll send me the plastic thing before I die." :coolgleamA:

Mostly I'm posting because the May app thread was so far down the list I had to hunt for it. ;-) Consider it temporarily bumped.
May 16-17: Class taken
May 26: Completed app received by DPS
June 29: PIN sent
July 3: PIN received - status "processing"

Texan - by birth, choice, and the Grace of God.
NRA (Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!)
TSRA
USCCA

NutterButters
Posts in topic: 4

Post by NutterButters »

It was my turn to get the Application Incomplete notice today, due to the pictures being of poor quality. I guess my wait just got a bit longer....

- C
05/23/2009 - CHL class
05/26/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
05/28/2009 - Paperwork Received
07/07/2009 - PIN Received
10/26/2009 - Plastic in Hand

southtexaspilot
Posts in topic: 6

Post by southtexaspilot »

My turn to be incomplete. Will post when I know why. Really hate for this to be my first post on here. Good news is that I just mailed my gun in for some work, so we'll see what gets done first now.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”