3006 sign at Houston Convention Center?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ls6tt
Posts in topic: 2

3006 sign at Houston Convention Center?

Post by ls6tt »

Making a trip to Houston tomorrow, cant seem to reach anyone at the convention center that can give me a good answer.

Is there 3006 signs posted there?
-Alex

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 3006 sign at Houston Convention Center?

Post by seamusTX »

Are you referring to the George R. Brown Convention Center?

It is city property. It would not be posted unless some operator (like a gun show) posts a sign for a specific event.

Enjoy your visit. If you have some spare time, you might want to visit Discovery Green.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Topic author
ls6tt

Post by ls6tt »

thanks for the reply. wanted to make sure before i went
-Alex

HKUSP45C
Posts in topic: 4

Post by HKUSP45C »

seamusTX wrote:Are you referring to the George R. Brown Convention Center?

It is city property. It would not be posted unless some operator (like a gun show) posts a sign for a specific event.

Enjoy your visit. If you have some spare time, you might want to visit Discovery Green.

- Jim
Out of curiousity, if the operator posts a 30.06 sign on city property it's still invalid, is it not? Since it's governement property and there's no courts, jails or other "banned" offices on the premises?

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

As far as I know, no one has ever been charged under 30.06 for carrying on government-owned property.

This topic has only been discussed about 100 times.

- Jim

dicion
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dicion »

seamusTX wrote: This topic has only been discussed about 100 times.
ls6tt: If you wish to read some of the other in-depth discussions on this and get some more of the background information, and statute information, you can find them listed here:
http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... =7&t=26341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Under "30.06 Signs ON Government property"

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

They are always posted. I empty mine in the RR and open carry once they tie wrap it (inside the show). Stop in the RR and reload on your way out. (quietly)I dont chamber it, just cut the tie and put the mag back in.

HKUSP45C

Post by HKUSP45C »

rm9792 wrote:They are always posted. I empty mine in the RR and open carry once they tie wrap it (inside the show). Stop in the RR and reload on your way out. (quietly)I dont chamber it, just cut the tie and put the mag back in.
I know they are always posted but, I was wondering if it was binding since Texas law says it isn't. Like, if a promoter was leasing the facility for the purposes of a gun show, did the ownership "change" for thduration of the lease or can I just walk past the sign because I'm not breaking the law.

LarryH
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LarryH »

You can walk past the sign, but the police officers are likely to ask if you have a weapon or ammunition on you. Depending on your answer and your attitude, the situation could get sticky.

HKUSP45C

Post by HKUSP45C »

LarryH wrote:You can walk past the sign, but the police officers are likely to ask if you have a weapon or ammunition on you. Depending on your answer and your attitude, the situation could get sticky.
They're always too busy rifling through my wife's purse to ask me anything. At least, that's been the case the last dozen, or so, times I've been.

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

Seriously they rifle thru her purse? Just tell them no guns or ammo and walk by. Kinda silly to search considering what you can buy 15 feet away.

HKUSP45C

Post by HKUSP45C »

rm9792 wrote:Seriously they rifle thru her purse? Just tell them no guns or ammo and walk by. Kinda silly to search considering what you can buy 15 feet away.
Every. single. time.

I sure wish someone would just ignore the order to open their purse and become the test case for the activity but, I can assure you, my wife isn't that much of an activist. I'd be willing to bet most people aren't enough of an activist to refuse or ignore a request from a uniformed officer.

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

HKUSP45C wrote:I sure wish someone would just ignore the order to open their purse and become the test case ...
Somebody in another thread wanted to be shot with a Tazer. This would do the trick.

- Jim

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”