Guns in church on the news

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
XDgal
Posts in topic: 1

Guns in church on the news

Post by XDgal »

Did anyone see this? ABC Nightly News ran this earlier this evening, 7/ 18. It's your typical media treatment, so, fair warning, try not to let your blood preasure go up. They do give some time for our side, too, but, it's definitely leaning the other way. They are going to have a clergyman on tomorrow who has been campaining against gun violence. DFW area won't see it, though. The ABC afiliate, WFAA ch. 8, doesn't show the Nightly News here on Sunday. Here's the link: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... 3&src=news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XDgal

mikeintexas

Re: Guns in church on the news

Post by mikeintexas »

I don't remember the lady's name from the seminary, but the expression on her face when she said the word "gun" was in and of itself disgusting. She looked like she was chewing on a lime.

southboundp

Post by southboundp »

They showed a clip on our local news of the same thing. That blonde lady that was talking at the end is nuts.
Glock 27 .40 cal.
Taurus 24/7 Pro C 9mm
DMPS Panther Lite 16" 5.56 AR

joe817

Post by joe817 »

She is obviously out of touch with reality. When she said "when a church has to have armed guards to protect the worshiper's it stops becoming a church."

That's disgusting to me. How dare her say that.

She should be applauding those worshiper's who will go to those extremes to worship in their chosen House of Faith. :mad5
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

blc

Post by blc »

Not surprising that the media doesn't get it, and all too easy for them to find a liberal 'religious' mouthpiece to parrot the mainstream dogma.

I found it amusing, at the end, how they referred to EITHER relying on God's protection or man's protection. The reality, for a true believer, is we can rely on God's protection, but His protection will likely involve us being active in protecting our families. It's NOT an either/ or situation.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth... :tiphat:
01/09 : CHL Class
01/09 : Packet Mailed
02/09 : Received PIN
7/22/09: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
7/27/09: Plastic in Hand!!

NRA
Ruger SR9
Taurus Millennium Pro 9mm, PT 111
Ruger LCP
Ruger LCR`

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

joe817 wrote:She is obviously out of touch with reality. When she said "when a church has to have armed guards to protect the worshiper's it stops becoming a church."
Tell her to attend her church and I will attend mine. I really dislike when folks "define" a church or religion for me.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

There have been several posts that have been removed to be reviewed by the Moderators for rule violations.

Please, don't turn this thread into a personal discussion of religion or attacks.

Thank you

Update: posts will not be returned to thread.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

what's that old saying, "God helps those who help themselves."
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

shootthesheet

Post by shootthesheet »

It is called throwing....something sticky against the wall to see what sticks. It is a tactic leftists have used for years to find a way to divide conservatives. It is nothing more than anti-gun thugs looking for their "Night of the Long Knives" and should allow us a chance to talk to people we might not otherwise be able to about our beliefs and the truth about them.

If we are the smiling faces they see that are ready to calmly explain how most churches don't have dedicated security and are defenseless except for CHL holders they may take note. As well we will have an opportunity to remind them of the past shootings from a growing number of crazies that blame what I consider the one thing that can make their life better for their life situation. The anti-self defense and hypocritical media types can get on TV every night and blast away but it will be the nice gentleman or lady they attend church or Bingo with that will have the last word on the subject. That is, if we are willing to be that representative of our beliefs in both God and his teachings on the rights to self defense. Otherwise we are just all little more than angry comments on a board most people don’t know or care exist. No offense to anyone involved here. I like it a lot but we have to remember not to project our beliefs and opinion on others that never put a thought-one into CHL or self-defense in general. If we don’t champion it and educate the ignorant it will never get better.

I have to add that I know most of us do a lot to help and don't just post. I read my post and even I thought I read as preaching or something. :oops:
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”