February Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

USA1
Posts in topic: 70

Re: February Applications

Post by USA1 »

mstex12 wrote:Ok, I know I'm starting to get whinny but....MY STATUS HAS NOT CHANGED.
It still says 'processing' even though I was told my background came back and was waiting on the printer.
Does anyone know when the status changes from processing?

Class on 01/17/2009
Transaction Date: 01/19/2009
Mailed packet: 01/27/2009
Still processing 06/28/2009
Still processing 7/15/2009
Called the number, was told bc complete 7/15/2009
Still processing 7/19/2009
i cant answer your question ,but i will say , you have every right to whine ... :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

dicion
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dicion »

I seem to recall in reading past stories and DPS phone conversations, that they change it when they Receive the Plastic back from the printer and it is verified correct, and are preparing to mail it out.

Specifically I believe this was discussed when a 'bad batch' of printed licenses had to be re-printed a few months ago. They never changed from 'processing application' as the returned plastic was never accepted. They only changed once the plastic was re-done, and accepted by DPS.

quickdraw
Posts in topic: 12

Post by quickdraw »

Cmon snail mail, I really won't believe it till I see it
CHL Class 2/7/09
Mailed App 2/13/09
Rec'd by DPS 2/17/09
PIN letter dated 3/13/09
App complete 7/17/09
plastic in hand 7/22/09

Clay5_98
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Clay5_98 »

Does anyone know if once the DPS website status says "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" does it change to anything else once license is mailed?

No, I’m not looking for an excuse to keep checking DPS website just curious. :lol:

LarryH
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LarryH »

Clay5_98 wrote:Does anyone know if once the DPS website status says "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" does it change to anything else once license is mailed?

No, I’m not looking for an excuse to keep checking DPS website just curious. :lol:
No. For practical purposes, that means it's been thrown into the outgoing mail bin. From that point to plastic in hand should be four to seven days.

I Know Jack
Posts in topic: 18

Post by I Know Jack »

Well I finally received confirmation my BC was returned fron Harris County (Finally).... Now it is just up to the printers and postman. Hopefully not another month!
Glock 27
Colt 1911

Shorts
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Shorts »

Checked today, mine is still "waiting on the background check" :roll:
Don't Mess with Texas Women

2/15/09 - Class Date
3/18/09 - PIN Assigned, Processing App
8/07/09 - Plastic in hand

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Shorts wrote:Checked today, mine is still "waiting on the background check" :roll:
you must have a really long rap sheet :shock:

kidding :mrgreen:

Shorts

Post by Shorts »

usa1 wrote:
Shorts wrote:Checked today, mine is still "waiting on the background check" :roll:

lol apparently

No traffic violations to my name, ever, taxes up to par, no kids to neglect, happily married, bills all paid and not one has ever been late. I'm a total red flag for sure :biggrinjester:

2/15/09 - Class Date

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Shorts wrote:
usa1 wrote:

lol apparently

No traffic violations to my name, ever, taxes up to par, no kids to neglect, happily married, bills all paid and not one has ever been late. I'm a total red flag for sure :biggrinjester:
give it time ,your still young .. ;-)

kidding again :mrgreen:

please dont think im serious ,
thats actually stats to be proud of ...you,re a better person than i . :tiphat:

" no kids to neglect " ...thats funny. :smilelol5:

Shorts

Post by Shorts »

:rolll

The hardest part is knowing "you're good" but waiting on the scrutiny to pass for permission to do something. I'm a team player, I go by the rules but this is getting as ridiculous as the hand holding that went on as a military family and motorcycling responsibility. :totap:

2/15/09 - Class Date

I Know Jack

Post by I Know Jack »

Wow have you been emailing senators, calling and overall bugging the crap out of DPS? I don't know if it did any good but I did all of those and DPS called me 2 weeks agao and said they put mine in the Rush category.

You shoudnt be too much longer yours was just a few days before mine.
Glock 27
Colt 1911

I Know Jack

Post by I Know Jack »

Shorts wrote::rolll

The hardest part is knowing "you're good" but waiting on the scrutiny to pass for permission to do something. I'm a team player, I go by the rules but this is getting as ridiculous as the hand holding that went on as a military family and motorcycling responsibility. :totap:

I remember all about the Hand holding if you ride a Motorcycle in the military.... LOL They want you to defend our country but yet they really didn't want us riding our motorcycles. :patriot: I always thought one went with the other, plus when I served that was the cheaper transportation. :rolll
Glock 27
Colt 1911

Shorts

Post by Shorts »

I Know Jack wrote:
Wow have you been emailing senators, calling and overall bugging the crap out of DPS? I don't know if it did any good but I did all of those and DPS called me 2 weeks agao and said they put mine in the Rush category.

You shoudnt be too much longer yours was just a few days before mine.
I hope so.

I sent off a round of letters to my Sen, Rep and Gov Perry. Right away I got a form letter from DeDe Keith there at the Gov's office stating she'd ask Col. Beckworth, the TX DPS Director for assistance in reviewing and responding to the information shared. I didn't parse my words in my letter but I was polite. I also mentioned I am considering legal action so maybe my email elicited a second glance. (And that legal action would be Mr Cotten's avenue.) I figured in the meanwhile it won't hurt to throw some shoes.

Nothing yet from Senator Nelson or Representative Truitt. This isn't the first time I've emailed them for assistance. So far I'm not real impressed with the response. But I'm just getting to know them as we're new here. With that said, I still get very regular updates from my previous Representative. I'll give them another day or two and if the week rolls by with no correspondence, I'll make contact again, maybe in person at their local office but at least by phone.

I remember all about the Hand holding if you ride a Motorcycle in the military.... LOL They want you to defend our country but yet they really didn't want us riding our motorcycles. :patriot: I always thought one went with the other, plus when I served that was the cheaper transportation. :rolll
Oh no kidding. Who can't make the decision NOT to ride in a blizzard with 3' of snow & ice already frozen to the ground :roll:

2/15/09 - Class Date

megiddo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by megiddo »

I called DPS on last Friday, the lady said that my BC came in earlier in the week and it was clean. (We could have saved a lot of time if they would have just taken my word for it. :biggrinjester: ) The she said it was going to the printers and that would take about 2 weeks.

I know in football the 2 minute warning last longer than 2 minutes in the real world, so based on the current wisdom how long do you think it will be until I actually see my license in the mailbox?

I also got laid off on Friday, I wonder which will come first the new job or the CHL? hmmmmmm.....
02/24/09 Mailed Paperwork
03/14/09 PIN issued & 'Processing Application'
08/14/09 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
08/18/09 plastic in hand

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”