February Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

quoheleth
Posts in topic: 14

Re: February Applications

Post by quoheleth »

Quickdraw:
Finally, DPS called today and my Harris county BG check came in yesterday
They CALLED you? How big of a pest have you been? :biggrinjester: How do I get on the list to rate a call?

Q
Texas CHL received 07/24/09 and being used daily.

quoheleth
Posts in topic: 14

Post by quoheleth »

usa1 wrote:
quoheleth wrote:
As an aside, does anyone else get nervous constantly plugging in a SSN into a website?
everytime ....i dont recall seeing the little lock symbol either . :shock:
I just checked my application ("Processing") and did note the lock up by the address bar. That does make me feel a little better.

Q
Texas CHL received 07/24/09 and being used daily.

redsectora
Posts in topic: 6

Post by redsectora »

Hello Everyone, Checking in ....

Days since Austin received paperwork = 133
Days from date on PIN letter = 105
NO Issues with missing paperwork, prints or photos.

"Waiting on Harris County BG Check".

:waiting:
02/21/09 CHL class
02/26/09 paperwork mailed
02/27/09 received in austin
03/06/09 check cashed
03/27/09 pin issued & 'Processing Application'
08/04/09 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
08/07/09 plastic in hand

USA1
Posts in topic: 70

Post by USA1 »

quoheleth wrote:
usa1 wrote:
quoheleth wrote:
As an aside, does anyone else get nervous constantly plugging in a SSN into a website?
everytime ....i dont recall seeing the little lock symbol either . :shock:
I just checked my application ("Processing") and did note the lock up by the address bar. That does make me feel a little better.

Q
i only see the lock on the display page after punching in the info and then clicking the log in button .

oh well :roll: not to worry ,DPS has got our back :shock:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

p111hou2
Posts in topic: 3

Post by p111hou2 »

I just registered on forum today. But I have been reading info from forum for about a month. I have really enjoyed reading what everyone has to say. Great Forum.Thought it was time to put myself on waiting list.

Add me to February still waiting after 136 days. Still shows processing application. Contacted Dan Patrick my State Senator by email on June 26 and asked for help getting Harris County applications processed sooner. Been two weeks and haven't heard from him except that email was received.

2/14/2009 -- CHL Class
2/16/2009 -- Mailed Packet
???????????? -- Date received in Austin
2/23/2009 -- I am using this date to figure days

quickdraw
Posts in topic: 12

Post by quickdraw »

quoheleth wrote:Quickdraw:
They CALLED you? How big of a pest have you been? :biggrinjester: How do I get on the list to rate a call?

Q
I haven't been too much of a pain. In the last month I called DPS twice(got ahold of the tech running my app) to find out if thry got the Harris County BG check back. Monday they still had not, so I called my state senators office. The lady seemed like she wanted to help and called DPS on my behalf. Tuesday she called me back and said DPS would be calling me. The lady from DPS called Wednesday and said my BG check came in yesterday(tuesday) and she was sending it to the printer that afternoon, and said I should expect it within two weeks. I think it will be more than two, maybe three or four, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. :clapping: Of course sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a train. :???:
CHL Class 2/7/09
Mailed App 2/13/09
Rec'd by DPS 2/17/09
PIN letter dated 3/13/09
App complete 7/17/09
plastic in hand 7/22/09

bbuchanan
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bbuchanan »

quickdraw wrote:

Q
I haven't been too much of a pain. In the last month I called DPS twice(got ahold of the tech running my app) to find out if thry got the Harris County BG check back. Monday they still had not, so I called my state senators office. The lady seemed like she wanted to help and called DPS on my behalf. Tuesday she called me back and said DPS would be calling me. The lady from DPS called Wednesday and said my BG check came in yesterday(tuesday) and she was sending it to the printer that afternoon, and said I should expect it within two weeks. I think it will be more than two, maybe three or four, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. :clapping: Of course sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a train. :???:

where are you from quickdraw?
Glock 30 .45ACP
S&W .40
Dan Wesson .357mag

02/07/09 -- CHL Class Taken
02/09/09 -- Packet mailed
02/26/09 -- PIN received
05/14/09 -- App. Processing
06/03/09 -- Emailed Office for status
06/11/09 -- Response: Still waiting on background info
07/01/09 -- App. Processing

piscessmith
Posts in topic: 4

Post by piscessmith »

:woohoo Walmart here we come!!! Stick in there folks it will show up.. :thumbs2:
Collin county for over 12 years worked here also....
Wife got hers 6 weeks before I got mine :banghead: but now I get an extra year she doesn't :lol:
Its been fun!!!
:thewave :thewave:

bbuchanan

Post by bbuchanan »

seems like there are alot of people that turned their paperwork in later than I did and they already have their plastic back. I have a government issued ID that required a extensive background check, you would think since that was done less than a year ago that it would make the process speed up some. I know its not the same agency that worked on my federal ID since this is a state thing. but it should be sufficient for texas to use alot of that info to move the process along wouldnt you think. I have a flawless background, no arrest, charges filed, etc.... COME ON ALREADY PEOPLE!!!! sorry for the rant....... :oops: :bigmouth
Glock 30 .45ACP
S&W .40
Dan Wesson .357mag

02/26/09 -- PIN received

dwdog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dwdog »

by bbuchanan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:20 pm

seems like there are alot of people that turned their paperwork in later than I did and they already have their plastic back. I have a government issued ID that required a extensive background check, you would think since that was done less than a year ago that it would make the process speed up some. I know its not the same agency that worked on my federal ID since this is a state thing. but it should be sufficient for texas to use alot of that info to move the process along wouldnt you think. I have a flawless background, no arrest, charges filed, etc.... COME ON ALREADY PEOPLE!!!! sorry for the rant.......

I told them I was military and an LEO, they said they would put me on a rush list. They tell alot of people about the rush list, but no one really believes it, because it still takes weeks or months after. I even sent a copy of my ID and LES, to guarantee I don't have to pay the fee (Military Free). They should have caught all that then.
Application Mailed: 26MAR 09
Pin Received: 24MAY09
Told being printed
but still showed as
processing: 27AUG09
Application Comp: 30AUG09
License Rec: XXXXXXXX

bbuchanan

Post by bbuchanan »

dwdog wrote:
by bbuchanan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:20 pm

seems like there are alot of people that turned their paperwork in later than I did and they already have their plastic back. I have a government issued ID that required a extensive background check, you would think since that was done less than a year ago that it would make the process speed up some. I know its not the same agency that worked on my federal ID since this is a state thing. but it should be sufficient for texas to use alot of that info to move the process along wouldnt you think. I have a flawless background, no arrest, charges filed, etc.... COME ON ALREADY PEOPLE!!!! sorry for the rant.......

I told them I was military and an LEO, they said they would put me on a rush list. They tell alot of people about the rush list, but no one really believes it, because it still takes weeks or months after. I even sent a copy of my ID and LES, to guarantee I don't have to pay the fee (Military Free). They should have caught all that then.

you would just think it would make their job a little easier, ya know!
Glock 30 .45ACP
S&W .40
Dan Wesson .357mag

02/26/09 -- PIN received

Spanky
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Spanky »

:woohoo well those morons finally sent my plastic. It only took 5 months. I have lived in the same place 31 years, never even had a traffic ticket, and had no problems with my application. I have talked to far too many rude and unhelpfull people at DPS, every once in a while you get someone that actually tells you something more than you can actually see through the online status system. Each time I called it was as if I was just a pain in their ass. I started this process on the beginning of February. While I am glad to have the card in my hand, I have absolutely NOTHING positive to say about the process and the excessive time it takes for everything to happen. To those waiting just hang in their....and try not to get too optimistic. I don't intend to come across as a jerk, but this entire process in total crap. I am soooo glad to finally have it, but part of me is still irritated at the level of incompetence I have witnessed.

Spanky
:fire :anamatedbanana :txflag: :patriot: :thewave

dicion

Post by dicion »

p111hou2 wrote: Add me to February still waiting after 136 days. Still shows processing application. Contacted Dan Patrick my State Senator by email on June 26 and asked for help getting Harris County applications processed sooner. Been two weeks and haven't heard from him except that email was received.
Ah! A Fellow District 7 resident. I too have contacted Senator Patrick's office. Spoke to a nice staffer there. He seems to be well aware if the problem in Austin, and is keeping an active list of his constituents with issues.

CrimsonSoul
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CrimsonSoul »

Spanky wrote:well those morons finally sent my plastic.
I thought you called them mormons lol
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

quickdraw
Posts in topic: 12

Post by quickdraw »

bbuchanan wrote:
quickdraw wrote:

Q

where are you from quickdraw?
I live in Montgomery County but worked in Harris County last year, hence the five+ month wait
CHL Class 2/7/09
Mailed App 2/13/09
Rec'd by DPS 2/17/09
PIN letter dated 3/13/09
App complete 7/17/09
plastic in hand 7/22/09

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”