Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

sparx
Posts in topic: 11

Post by sparx »

Welcome Liberty, and RussP! Glad to see you both on board! :seeya:

RussP... I suspected that you were one in the same from that "other" forum when I saw you were from Virginia... then that Tucker leather cinched it!

Also glad to see another person with the right outlook on our 2A rights getting involved in the political scene, Liberty!
NRA, TSRA, TXGR, SAF, GOA & FPC
"I'm not terrified of guns, I'm terrified of gun-free zones!"

Popshot
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Popshot »

Late 40's male
Administrative gopher/expert/troubleshooter
Married, no children
Years CHL - Not yet
TSR District 129

Not carrying, but have
XD40
Lots of .22's
Gun control = hitting where you aim

texag06
Posts in topic: 3

Post by texag06 »

Welcome again, Popshot.

-Dustin
Glock 19
Kel-Tec P-3AT
CHL Holder (Fall 2005)
---------------------------------------
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006

MrDrummy
Posts in topic: 4

Hello!

Post by MrDrummy »

How's it going everyone? Glad to find another forum to run around on...

Male, 27 years old. Been married for a year, and have no kids. One day, maybe but not anytime soon. I'm a musician, and am still waiting on my CHL to come in the mail. I can hardly wait!

I've got most of my carry rig set up:

Kimber Ultra Carry Stainless
Brommeland Max-Con V w/ Spare Mag Pouch

fadlan12

Post by fadlan12 »

I've been lurking for a few months and have already posted a few times. I grew up in lufkin and moved to Austin about 9 years ago. Always loved guns but just recently got the 1911 bug and the CHL bug. So belated hello to everyone.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome fadland. Ever come back we will go shoot. Ever been to Angelina Rifle & Pistol Club. If not in the last 9 yr then you would not recognize it. We have done a lot of work. Welcome aboard.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

sparx
Posts in topic: 11

Post by sparx »

Welcome Popshot! And greetings to fadlan12, too! (I would say "Welcome!" to you also but since you've been around here for a while already, you must certainly know you are!) :grin:
NRA, TSRA, TXGR, SAF, GOA & FPC
"I'm not terrified of guns, I'm terrified of gun-free zones!"

cyphur
Posts in topic: 5

Post by cyphur »

Welcome aboard everyone! New member here myself :) Lots of great info/folks here.

RussP
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RussP »

sparx wrote:Welcome Liberty, and RussP! Glad to see you both on board! :seeya:

RussP... I suspected that you were one in the same from that "other" forum when I saw you were from Virginia... then that Tucker leather cinched it!

Also glad to see another person with the right outlook on our 2A rights getting involved in the political scene, Liberty!
Yep, that's me...

Good to see Liberty going for office. :thumbsup:
“Freedom has a taste to those who fight that the protected will never know.”

RKirby
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RKirby »

Guess I better make this official. I posted an introduction in General Texas CHL Discussion before I saw this thread.

Hello everyone.

After lurking in the shadows since this site was created, I finally decided to register and become a contributing member.

A little about me....I'm 54 years old, have a wife of 33 years and a (soon to be) 16 year old son who also happens to be a very good shooter. We live in the D/FW area and have been in the same house for 30 years this month...mortgage is almost paid for! How's that for stability?

I am a long time gun owner and both my son and I are occasional IDPA and trap shooters. I vote Republican and consider myself a conservative.

Finally decided to bite the bullet and cough up the cash for my CHL, primarily due the circumstances explained in my thread in the General Texas CHL sub-forum.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum and learning from the very knowledgeable members here.
"Superior firepower is an invaluable tool when entering into negotiations." - G. Patton

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome aboard sir. You have already contributed. Any one in the same house for 30 yr has contributed a lot to stability.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

pax

Post by pax »

Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind too much if an outsider joins the party? Y'all just seemed like such a friendly-looking bunch of folks when I stumbled across this site that I just had to join up.

Me? I'm a female-type person. My husband and I have five sons ranging in age from 10 to 16 years old, and we live in Washington state. I've been carrying a concealed pistol for a little over six years now. I am a freelance writer, occasionally published in gunrags that don't know any better. On the weekends, I volunteer as an assistant instructor at the Firearms Academy of Seattle (which isn't in Seattle).

Lately I've been working on putting up a fairly large firearms instruction website intended mostly for women, but with plenty of articles the menfolks might be interested in as well. You can find it at http://www.corneredcat.com

See you round the forums!

pax

Is there anything wrong with a woman preferring the dignity of an armed citizen? I don't like to be coddled and I don't like to be treated like a minor child. So I waive immunity and claim my right -- I go armed. -- Longcourt Phyllis in Beyond This Horizon by Robert Heinlein

Reysc
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Reysc »

Welcome Pax!!! Hope you enjoy the company here!! You get to taste Texas hospitality without putting up with the Texas heat...See 'ya around!!

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 29

Post by KBCraig »

pax wrote:Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind too much if an outsider joins the party?
Welcome, pax!

I've read your Cornered Cat column, and passed it along to the important femaliens in my life. Thanks!

Kevin

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Crossfire »

Wecome, Pax! I am also a firearms instructor of the female variety, and I have your website bookmarked. Good info there. Thanks for doing what you do!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”