February Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

mstex12
Posts in topic: 7

Re: February Applications

Post by mstex12 »

Yes, I have called 3 times now and all that I can tell is; they log on to the same site as we all can and look at the status, just as we all can. They tell me "your application is processing". I ask for more info but they tell me there is no other info, I will just have to wait. I am happy to have fount this forum, you know waiters love company.

Chip
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Chip »

mstex12 wrote:but they tell me there is no other info
That's not entirely true. I've only called once, but they were at least able to tell me that they were waiting on the dreaded Harris County background check. I had asked if anything was missing from my application. I'd suggest you do the same - you should be able to politely ask what's missing, whether they are waiting on a background check, etc.

After hearing that it was the Harris County backlog, I decided not to even bother checking my online status again until late August.
I will add, as a fifth circumstance in the situation of the House of Representatives, restraining them from oppressive measures, that they can make no law which will not have its full operation on themselves and their friends, as well as on the great mass of the society. - J Madison, Federalist #57

USA1
Posts in topic: 70

Post by USA1 »

mstex12 wrote:Yes, I have called 3 times now and all that I can tell is; they log on to the same site as we all can and look at the status, just as we all can. They tell me "your application is processing". I ask for more info but they tell me there is no other info, I will just have to wait. I am happy to have fount this forum, you know waiters love company.
keep trying..from what i've read ..sometimes you get someone who is considerate ,and will look deeper to answer your questions. its kinda like fishin or gamblin .
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Clay5_98
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Clay5_98 »

Yes it depends on who you get when calling, the lady I’ve talked with seems nice and told me all they were waiting on was Harris County BC. However I once talked with this guy who was very rude and all he would say is “still processing”. He kind of struck me as if I was bothering him or maybe he would preferably be somewhere else… like another job?

Days Processing: 130
Days since PIN: 100

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Clay5_98 wrote: He kind of struck me as if I was bothering him or maybe he would preferably be somewhere else… like another job?
typical ...some folks, especially government forget that THEY WORK FOR US :nono:

thorkyl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by thorkyl »

GF now at 139 days, got call last week, VM left on her cell phone

"Still waiting on your BG"
---
http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beyond Bitter, now I am just plain MAD
I know how many I own, not enough...

PsychDiver
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PsychDiver »

Finally, Plastic in hand. :hurry: First mailed to DPS the first week of February. Lived in Harris and Galveston Counties. State reps aid (Larry Taylor) was very helpful in calling the counties to enquire about what the holdup on the bg checks were. Now, I have to get the addressed changed because I just sold my house and moved into an apartment. Will move again in a few months so DPS will get some more money from me. But I didn't want to give them a reason to hold it up again to have it reprinted. I now have it in hand and can wait for the new one to come so I at least have one. :anamatedbanana

jackj87
Posts in topic: 15
Location: Currently: Waco(Baylor University) Soon back home to B/CS

Post by jackj87 »

This process is really beginning to irritate me. I called Thursday and was transferred to the technician adn told to leave a voice mail and wait 24- 48 hours. I called again Monday afternoon and they transferred me to her supervisor and to wait again up to 2 days for a return call. My BG check has been back since the 6th of June, and I am already past the month mark for reprocessing the application.

Any insights from the experienced Harris Co. applicants of what the hold up could be? I know they say if you were arrested that they have to review the packet, but I sent in the court documentation showing that it was a dismissed charge.

thanks guys
2/21/09-Class
2/22-Money Order
3/21-PIN
4/28-Missing name
5/21-Reprocessing
6/6- BG complete
7/15- Processing
7/17- 22 years old
7/18-App. Complete
7/22-License Received
Looking for Bolt Carrier Groups

CMan

Post by CMan »

:clapping: Five Mos. Today, I called and Whattaya know, It was "Accepted" TODAY :clapping:,
June 23 I sent a note to my State Sen. and Rep. got a reply thats it, DPS replied to my week previous email, said waiting on License to be printed, twice I re-replied asking if that meant it was approved, received no response as of yet, sent that info to Rep Davis' JD Chief of Staff Weller, No Reply to this day
:clapping: I Should Receive it in about "Two Weeks" :hurry:
Taurus 24/7 40 cal. 1st handgun
1/30/09 Dropped App. in Round Rock TX
2/2/09 Delivered to TXDPS
3/5/09 received Pin#
6/22 "sent to printer" ?
7/2 "Accepted", "to be overnited when in"
7/17 YAHHOOOOOOO!!!! Plastic in Hand!!! 118 bus. days
Cman :woohoo

joe817
Posts in topic: 25

Post by joe817 »

I've got my fingers crossed for ya Cman! :clapping:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

joe817 wrote:I've got my fingers crossed for ya Cman! :clapping:
me too ! 5 months is a loooong time !congrats :tiphat:

quickdraw

Post by quickdraw »

Any insights from the experienced Harris Co. applicants of what the hold up could be?

thanks guys

I am starting to think because so many people are calling their reps they seem to be getting put to the front of the line, and that leaves some of us waiting longer. I am seeing people in the April thread getiing their plastic already, and other Harris county applicants the sent theirs in a month after we did getting theirs.
I am not happy at all about waiting so long but I actually expected the wait to be about six months. A freind of mine and his daughter waited right at six months and both have "squeaky clean" records, as in never even had a traffic ticket.
I can understand getting impatient but calling your state reps at day 60 in many cases seems to be slowing down progress for people who have been waiting twice that long.
I talked with the tech processing my application on Monday and was told my BG check from Harris county( which was sent to HC in April) was not back yet. She also said she would put me "on the expidite list" and see if that will help. I asked her about giving the slow counties a certian amount of time and issuing the permit if they don't respond in a timely manner. She told me they did do that for a while and the state legislature put a stop to it.
I guess people have the right to contact their reps about delays, but I think they just may well be screwing those of us that were in line ahead of them. IMHO
End of rant
CHL Class 2/7/09
Mailed App 2/13/09
Rec'd by DPS 2/17/09
PIN letter dated 3/13/09
App complete 7/17/09
plastic in hand 7/22/09

piscessmith
Posts in topic: 4

Post by piscessmith »

CMan wrote::clapping: Five Mos. Today, I called and Whattaya know, It was "Accepted" TODAY :clapping:,
June 23 I sent a note to my State Sen. and Rep. got a reply thats it, DPS replied to my week previous email, said waiting on License to be printed, twice I re-replied asking if that meant it was approved, received no response as of yet, sent that info to Rep Davis' JD Chief of Staff Weller, No Reply to this day
:clapping: I Should Receive it in about "Two Weeks" :hurry:
Congrats :clapping: Suppose this means I still have another month to go... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Chip

Post by Chip »

quickdraw wrote:Any insights from the experienced Harris Co. applicants of what the hold up could be?
Harris County has one person - one person - doing all the background checks for one of the most populated counties in the nation. That one person got pulled off doing background checks for five weeks during Ike. They claim that the slowness has a lot to do with this, as well as with the increase in the number of applications.
I will add, as a fifth circumstance in the situation of the House of Representatives, restraining them from oppressive measures, that they can make no law which will not have its full operation on themselves and their friends, as well as on the great mass of the society. - J Madison, Federalist #57

quickdraw

Post by quickdraw »

Chip

i understand that, but Ike hit almost a year ago, with the backlog , at the VERY least Harris county needs to put a few people on to get the backlog caught up. Good Lord, take a few officers off DOT (extorting money from truck drivers) duty for a few weeks. :bigmouth My form of protest after this is over will be that "I will NEVER spend another dime of my hard earned money in Harris County,nor will I ever take a job from anyone based in HC.
CHL Class 2/7/09
Mailed App 2/13/09
Rec'd by DPS 2/17/09
PIN letter dated 3/13/09
App complete 7/17/09
plastic in hand 7/22/09

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”