Opinions on the best set of screw drivers...

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 1

Opinions on the best set of screw drivers...

Post by TexasComputerDude »

hey yall,

well it happened again, my screw driver set walked off lol. I figured before I ran out and bought another elcheapo set that I'd ask yall what yall like. Can any of yall recommend a good cheapish screw driver set thats fairly compact in form? I'm open to anything.

I mainly work on computers and generally don't use the larger screw drivers.
Glock 30 - main ccw

sheffd

Re: Opinions on the best set of screw drivers...

Post by sheffd »

I use the smaller ones from Home Depot. Quality is good and don't cost too much. And, if they ever decide to take a vacation without me, there is usually an HD not far away. The local one here has also the electronics/jewelers type as well. I have a set of them for tweaking. I also purchases a set of nonconductive drivers from Radio Shack for those areas that I really have to be careful with. I don't usually have to worry about the jewelers or nonconductive drivers vacationing without me so I haven't had to replace them as often.

Only my suggestion.
You sometimes find your destiny on the road you chose to avoid it.

lrb111

Re: Opinions on the best set of screw drivers...

Post by lrb111 »

I work on computers, and lots of other stuff. I've been using the "6 way" screwdrivers for about 4 years, and have not had a failure of the tool. I also buy them at Harbor Freight when they are on sale. Generally under two bucks, on sale. Since, I use mine outside and inside they get pretty heavy abuse. The tips have never worn out.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=96941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; They come in several different handle colors and styles. There is little difference I can tell between the $10 versions, and the $2 versions.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”