Advice on Shooting Glasses

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Advice on Shooting Glasses

Post by Skiprr »

AFJailor wrote:I use ESS ICE glasses with prescription inserts, they clip into the nose piece and feel great.
I had what sounds like almost the same thing, only mine were Bolle with prescription inserts. I loved the concept (and the Bolle frame itself had interchangeable plain lenses, from dark gray to shooter's yellow).

There was just something about it that never worked for me. I think it was party how small the lenses of the prescription insert were. Even as old as I am, my peripheral vision remains good and is always a topic of conversation with my ophthalmologist. Also, those Bolle prescription lenses had to, by default, ride farther away from my eyes than my normal glasses did. And cleaning 'em if they got hit by sweat was no easy matter.

I still have 'em; worn about six times. Maybe I should start eBaying stuff. :mrgreen:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ninemm
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Advice on Shooting Glasses

Post by ninemm »

I just shoot the plain ones you get for free with jelly or preserves. If I shot any of the fancy ones my wife would shoot me.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”