Ammo Shortage

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

USA1
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Ammo Shortage

Post by USA1 »

mymojo wrote: Its really nice to be able to practice drawing, moving, speed drills, etc.
its nice not to have the "range police" watching over your shoulder.
my neighbor owns a machine shop with a makeshift range inside. double taps, rapid fire, anything goes as long as safety is practiced.
:fire :fire :fire :fire :thumbs2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A-R »

mymojo wrote:Its private property wherne teh owner lets everyone who cares to shoot.

Drive up 75 to Howe, go East to Tom Bean. Look for short bus with big mud tires. Its basically a 12 ft high by 50 ft long berm in a guys back yard.

$3/hr (on the honor system). No steel targets, clean up your mess and dont shoot each other.... but pretty much anything else goes.

Its really nice to be able to practice drawing, moving, speed drills, etc. The guys over at ARFcom even do their class III get togethers out there sometimes.
"If you build it, He will come."

"Is this Heaven?"

"No it's some place in North Texas that I'll likely never get the chance to visit"

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Edro20

Post by Edro20 »

A friend of mine that used to own a retail gun store in San Antonio told me that his former shop is selling .380 ammo in 10 round zip loc baggies. Totally insane.

USA1
Posts in topic: 10

Post by USA1 »

Edro20 wrote:A friend of mine that used to own a retail gun store in San Antonio told me that his former shop is selling .380 ammo in 10 round zip loc baggies. Totally insane.
two dime bags please! :drool:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

This morning at 7am I went out looking for 9mm and wondered to myself if this how junkies act when they need a fix. I find myself thinking about where I can find my next "fix" of 9mm ammo, but everywhere I go I miss it by one day or they haven't had any for weeks.

This is insane, I remember buying 22lr for my rifle when I was 16 at the local hardware store for a couple bucks for a box of 100. :banghead:
NRA Life Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

geekwagun wrote:This morning at 7am I went out looking for 9mm and wondered to myself if this how junkies act when they need a fix. I find myself thinking about where I can find my next "fix" of 9mm ammo, but everywhere I go I miss it by one day or they haven't had any for weeks.

This is insane, I remember buying 22lr for my rifle when I was 16 at the local hardware store for a couple bucks for a box of 100. :banghead:
I believe illegal drugs are easier to find and buy than .380. Maybe actually making ammo illegal instead of just threatening too will make ammo easier to buy.

Just wondering...
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

maniacmama

Post by maniacmama »

Liberty, I think you're onto something there! :iagree: In my search for the elusive 380, I too feel like I am in search of a "fix." The miles I put on my car searching out ammo has increased my gas consumption sometimes up to an additional 1/2 a tank of gas. If things don't loosen up, I am starting to reconsider my carry choice, keeping my eyes, ears, and options open.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Oldgringo »

maniacmama wrote:Liberty, I think you're onto something there! :iagree: In my search for the elusive 380, I too feel like I am in search of a "fix." The miles I put on my car searching out ammo has increased my gas consumption sometimes up to an additional 1/2 a tank of gas. If things don't loosen up, I am starting to reconsider my carry choice, keeping my eyes, ears, and options open.
Let me be the first, and probably not the last, to welcome you to the forum.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

I have my routine for foraging for ammo down to a fine art:
1. Call the 2 Wal-Marts closest to me at 7:30am every morning(when the mgr's get there) If ammo in stock, go there asap, and buy up to the limit(currently 2 boxes).
2. Call Academy sports at 8:30am(opens at 9). If ammo in stock, go there asap.
3. Call Bass Pro in Grapevine. If ammo in stock, immediately reserve their limit(2 boxes), and mosey on up there, with haste. Luckily, they will hold ammo for you.
4. Search the internet for least expensive ammo, and order if I can(currently Cabala's is the go to place. American Eagle is $11.99/box for 9mm, but b/o time is stretching out to 6 wks on A.E.). I'm currently waiting on 4 boxes on order since May 6, which at the time, wait time was 2 to 3 wks.
5. Finally call the closest gun dealers, when ever I think of it. It's only worked 1 time(Winchester Gallery; Remington UMC at $16.99---yikes! Yeah, I know....I had to have a range practice fix. "rlol"
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”