I Need an Attorney in San Antonio.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
t1eyer
Posts in topic: 4

I Need an Attorney in San Antonio.

Post by t1eyer »

Hi all, I need the help of a very smart & savvy CHL Attorney near San Antonio, TX,
Please email me t1eyer@yahoo.com if you can help or know a name.

Thanks,

Tom
Last edited by t1eyer on Sat May 09, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I Need an Attorny, please read and help.

Post by G.A. Heath »

I am not an attorney, nor do I even know one well at this time. First I would suggest that you quit posting details until your attorney tells you what you can tell/post. Second I would suggest you contact the NRA (If your a member), or any other pro-gun group that you are a member of, and see if they can provide or recommend a good attorney. Alternatively the owner of this board **MAY** be able to suggest someone but due to his profession and the laws/regulations/rules he has to work under he may not be able to (again I am not an attorney and do not know how they operate).
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

PetrucciFan

Post by PetrucciFan »

IANAL, but it appears to me that you were not concealed. Was your weapon covered up by anything (like a shirt or bag or something)? It should have been in your console, glove compartment, between the seats, in your waistband....but definitely not in plain view on the front seat. This is just my humble opinion though.

Sorry for your experience.
Glock 26
Ruger LCP

Locksmith
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Locksmith »

No longer valid
Last edited by Locksmith on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carrots

Re: I Need an Attorney in San Antonio.

Post by Carrots »

Whilst I agree that chances are no one would have been able to see it, the "spirit" of the law is that it needs to be secured somewhere out of sight. I would think that the fact that it was dark and that you have tinted glass would be rather irrelevant as far as the law goes - whilst eyeballing it was very unlikely it might have been possible.

I really wanted one of these,

http://www.adjunct.diodon349.com/Attack ... olster.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and I nearly bought one thinking "well, no one will be able to see it with me in the chair esp. considering my low sports seats & high windows &c" but I was very wisely dissuaded. I wish you luck but I would be a little nervous with this one, although IANAL

jorge
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jorge »

If it wasn't discernible through ordinary observation until the cops opened the door to the car, how is that different than a handgun that's not discernible through ordinary observation until a cop opens your jacket? Or a woman's purse?
Obamanomics: Trickle-Up Poverty

Locksmith

Post by Locksmith »

No longer valid
Last edited by Locksmith on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

jorge

Post by jorge »

Obamanomics: Trickle-Up Poverty

Locksmith

Post by Locksmith »

No longer valid
Last edited by Locksmith on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
t1eyer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by t1eyer »

I posted asking for help with a name of a good attorney not for a conviction by the forum court. There were things covering it (cell phone, wallet, etc..) I can't write a novel for gosh sakes. Please delete your forum convictions and offer me something positive or or move on.

Carrots

Post by Carrots »

t1eyer wrote:I posted asking for help with a name of a good attorney not for a conviction by the forum court. There were things covering it (cell phone, wallet, etc..) I can't write a novel for gosh sakes. Please delete your forum convictions and offer me something positive or or move on.
That kind of attitude with 2 posts on the block is a surefire way to get NO HELP at all. This is a FORUM, and so I suggest that you go get yourself a yellow pages if you do not want comment....... :thumbs2:

casingpoint

Post by casingpoint »

The cops were not blind men. They had to ask where the weapon was before they could find it. Go figure. Besides, the arrestee was traveling alone. Anyone else inside the automobile is not an ordinary person for statutory purposes, so the weapon being in plain view behind tinted glass at night where it could not be seen from the outside is not material. This case doesn't deserve the court's time. And it perfectly illustrates the nit picking nonesense characteristic of gun laws in Texas.

Carrots

Post by Carrots »

casingpoint wrote:This case doesn't deserve the court's time. And it perfectly illustrates the nit picking nonesense characteristic of gun laws in Texas.
Yeah, tell that to the judge "rlol" I don't disagree that this is a nonsense, but note the total lack of surprise expressed here thus far. Being 'in the right' has nothing to do with this anymore, and in the hands of 'the system' I'd say it's game over. Cops say it wasn't concealed and even if it was Mr. Attitude here has entered a world of pain for what was a completely unnecessary and avoidable faux-pas. "If in doubt, don't" sure works for me, and when it comes to guns and the law I do my darnest to ensure that I afford unknown third parties (who may or may not use the same "logic" as I do) the least opportunity to be able to doubt anything as I possibly can. YMMV, but this was silly and it's gonna hurt. JMO.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Whoa, back off, guys!

First off, a cop is not an ordinary observer. Neither are most of us, for that matter.

Second, I read the original unedited post - the one with all the details in it. The cop didn't see the handgun; he had to ask where it was. Then, the cop flipped out and was totally unprofessional, displaying a high level of arrogance and wilful disregard for the law. He should be severely reprimanded, if not fired.

Good luck fighting this nonsense, Tom. I wish I could help you out. My prayers are with you
Byron Dickens

ELB

Post by ELB »

There is a San Antonio criminal defense lawyer that advertises as a FFL on gunbroker.com. I have no idea who he is or whether he is any good, but given his FFL (and NFA class III dealer status) I would suppose he is interested in gun law in particular. Here is the details as given on Gunbroker:

William Davidson Firearms
115 E. Travis #1734 St.
San Antonio, TX 78205
phone: 210-222-2810
fax: 210-222-2041

This appears to be his website: http://www.williamdavidsonlaw.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can go to Gunbroker.com, do a search on "Find a FFL Dealer", and plug in a San Antonio zipcode to see what he has there (all gun sales related, not law related).

Again, I am not recommending or not recommending him, only pointing out he came to my attention as a criminal defense attorney with an FFL.

Good luck.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”