Gun Store question

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun Store question

Post by stroo »

Check out Southwest Ammunition on Military as well. They don't have that much of an inventory but what they do have is priced pretty well. And the owner is very friendly.

jbenat

Post by jbenat »

I also recommend The Bullet Trap. I've bought four pistols from them. Their prices are competitive even when they have to order one for you. I've never had a employee be anything but courteous and fairly knowledgable. Nice people!
Buds Gun Shop, on line, is very reasonable, they usually don't charge shipping (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and have a very large selection.
Whenever I checked prices at Gun Master I thought they were a bit high. I asked them for a price on a S & W MP 9c, they didn't have one in stock so looked it up in the catalog and quoted me the standard MSRP (the price they wish they could get). I bought it a The Bullet Trap considerably cheaper.
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

Oldgringo wrote:Bachman's Pawn over by Lewisville/Carrolton? I've seen encouraging ads in Shotgun News from them.
Bachman Pawn & Gun is actually on Northwest Highway, near Bachman Lake. (They may have another store??). I've been to their storefront once, and they did have a nice selection, and DECENT prices--however, they also setup tables at every gun show I've been to in Texas, and the deals at the shows are usually, in a word, spectacular.

I've bought a couple of guns from them in the last few years, and each has been the best deal around at the time--but I bought both at Gun Shows....
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

sig229fan

Post by sig229fan »

My .02....Academy sports has the best prices, just not a great selection. Bullet Trap in Plano is my second choice. Very large selection and good prices.

JamesW51

Post by JamesW51 »

If you want to drive to Tyler check out NoonDay Gun Shop (Rodney) just south of Tyler on hwy 155 , 3-4 miles south of loop 323
Rodney has a pretty good selection and his prices are good and he remembers his customers and he is fair!!
Have heard him tell customers why sell some at a high price when I can sell a lot at a good price !
Not that far of a drive or give him call for a price if he does have what you want on hand

Rocket_Cowboy

Post by Rocket_Cowboy »

I'll also recommend Bullet Trap. I've bought most my handguns from them (the other two were private purchases), and last week bought my rifle there. Prices have been pretty reasonable, and right now are better than what I was finding at the gun shows. Just run down 190 from Garland, exit Jupiter but stay on the feeder road, then run up Ave K and BT will be on your right. They've got good selection, and most everything I've looked for they've also had in the rental case.

super8neon

Post by super8neon »

sig229fan wrote:My .02....Academy sports has the best prices, just not a great selection. Bullet Trap in Plano is my second choice. Very large selection and good prices.
My thoughts exactly... Academy first, and then Bullet Trap in distant second.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”