Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

dws1117
Posts in topic: 53

Post by dws1117 »

Here's another welcome from down south, tvone.

I'd imagine that you do have a facinating job. I worked as a stagehand for many years and was a member of the stagehands union. It is a large international union and for many years I would close my eyes and hold my nose while handing over union dues that I knew were going to support political candidates that had very diferent beliefs. But, it was a very good job that I was good at and it was a lot of fun.

Sorry for the longwinded welcome.

IDF Ben
Posts in topic: 4

New member here, Israel Defense Force combat infantry vet

Post by IDF Ben »

Hi,
My name is Ben and i live in Memphis TN. I will be coming to your area (galveston/Texas City) in July (July 5th-7th) and I will be taking a client of mine "tactical" shooting. i have spoken with a fine gentleman named Travis and he mentuioned this website forum.

I would like to take my client to a range that allows me to shoot on a tactical level so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I am 29, currently living in memphis TN

I spent 3 years active duty in an infantry combat unit in the IDF and have been a platoon Sgt. in the reserves now for 7 years. I run (on the side) an anti-terror training camp (like a combat fantasy camp but more serious) in israel every year and you can see my website at http://www.icearmycamp.com

Please feel free to contact me and especially if you are able to get me a one day pass to a tactical range near Galveston/Texas City.

Thank you.
Ben
matolman1@yahoo.com

ElGato
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ElGato »

That's Tom, Ben :lol:

I told Ben that I would take him to PSC if our schedules permitted and if I couldn't I was sure there were others here who would help, the shooting he needs to do would not be allowed on the TC range.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 50

Post by seamusTX »

ElGato wrote:I told Ben that I would take him to PSC ...
Wow! Can I tag along if I promise to be quiet and stay out from underfoot?

- Jim

IDF Ben

Ben

Post by IDF Ben »

Yes, It is Tom and you are being very helpful to me and i truly appreciate that! i keep calling you Travis but I will stop as of now ;-)

I look forward to shooting with You soon. It will be fun to compare how I do it in Israel to how you do it here as i am ALWAYS open to learning techniques that will save my life.

ElGato
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ElGato »

I plan to do the watching and learning, I'm an old 1940 model that loves to shoot tin can's :lol:
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

cyphur
Posts in topic: 5

New Guy

Post by cyphur »

Just registered today, longtooth sent a welcome PM letting me know to post up over here. I moderate 3 other boards so I should have known to post up, but I was overwhelmed and excited about so much good information I just blew 3 hours at work reading here :)

Given name is Travis, live in Garland, Tx. I am a Network Administrator for the Dallas County Community College District, responsible for switches and their wirleless network.

Married with beautiful twin girls which are almost 16 months old. They are my life :)

I'm in the process of submitting my CHL packet right now, but carried a M9 for 3 years in the Army as an Abrams Armor Crewman. I'm a civilian now, but looking to change that again :)

I'm glad I found this site, thanks to a member over at SeatStaysUp.com, posting up a link. :) I have the same screen name over at LS1Tech, SeatStaysUp, and Corvette forum. Yes, I like fast cars :)

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Cyphur, welcome to the forum. Congrats on those little girls and getting your CHL to help protect them. I have a 4 month old daughter and a 4 year old son. Our kids are our most precious gift, even if ya feel like smacking them at times.

ferretray
Posts in topic: 1

Checking In

Post by ferretray »

Thanks for the wonderful website!
My name is Ray/52 y.o./single/Security professional. I have one son, a great DIL and two beautiful grandaughters. I live in the DFW area.
I'm a U.S. Marine/U.S. Navy vet. I've traveled from the Egypt to Japan, and most points in-between. I guess I've been in the "Profession of Arms" for almost all my adult life. Might try the LEO route here soon.
I've had a Fl. CHl since the early 90's. I re-located back to Texas a few years ago to be near family. Recently took my Tx. CHL class, although my Fl. license is good here.
You'll typically find me with a SS/Lwt. Colt Commander in a Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" tuckable holster, loaded with WWB JHP's.
I look forward to spending time here and sharing experiences with a great bunch of folks. Ray

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Welcome, ferretray and from someone who regretfully did not serve, thank you for you service to our country.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome to both. Thank you for your service. :patriot:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

IDF BEN, cyphur & forretray:

Welcome to the forum folks.

IDF BEN - I may be able to get away and meet you at PSC sometime while you're here, but I won't know until we get closer. I'll send you a PM with some of the details about the range, but tactical practice is not only allowed at PSC, it's a major reason we have so many pistol shooters as members. Thanks for what you are doing to help people prepare to defend themselves and for what you are doing for Israel!

cyphur - I'm on the Corvetteforum also. It's a great resource for Corvette folks! Thanks for your service.

forretray - as others have said, welcome and thanks for your service.

Regards,
Chas.

Regards,
Chas.

IDF Ben

Post by IDF Ben »

Thank you Sir, I look forward to hearing from you between now and July 5th.
I am bringing a pistol with me and I will only need to buy ammo from a local shop (9mm).

I carry a CZ P01 with an M6x laser/light. I also carry a Kahr PM9, depending on the circumstances.

I will be bringing the CZ P01, 2 Mags and a few targets, as well as ear and eye protection for myself and my client.

Really looking forward to ya'lls hospitality,

Shalom,
Ben

JB3
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JB3 »

AAAHHH! At last, another CZPO1 owner. I've been feeling like a lone voice in the wilderness. Welcome IDF Ben

IDF Ben

Post by IDF Ben »

LOL. In my humble opinion, it is the single finest weapon i have ever owned. Fits my hand like it was created for me, 14 rnds and superb action/accuracy.
Just MY opinion. Sorry all of you 1911 or Glock guys!! :lol:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”