Ammo Shortage

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Badger531
Posts in topic: 2

Ammo Shortage

Post by The Badger531 »

is it just me OR is there an ammo shortage? i ask this cause me and my Girl Friend BOTH have 380's and we CANNOT find ANY 380 ammo for target pratice can some one tell me WHAT THE DEAL IS i called Academy Sports and they told me that they have OVER 1 MILLION BOXES ON BACK ORDER....WOW he also told me that it's like that at wally world too. :shock:
The Badger531
CHL Class Taken On 1/03/08
Sent in Application On 04/13/08
PIN Received on 06/03/08
Chl app Approved License issued 9/2/08
Plastic in Hand 9/4/08

Pistol storm 40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ammo Shortage

Post by Pistol storm 40 »

The Badger531 wrote:is it just me OR is there an ammo shortage? i ask this cause me and my Girl Friend BOTH have 380's and we CANNOT find ANY 380 ammo for target pratice can some one tell me WHAT THE DEAL IS i called Academy Sports and they told me that they have OVER 1 MILLION BOXES ON BACK ORDER....WOW he also told me that it's like that at wally world too. :shock:
The Badger531
Welcome to the world of no ammo! :banghead:

Rumor has it that we may see some relief by June/July.............. "rlol"

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Where have you been for the last year? Yes, there's a shortage on almost all ammo. Especially 380. I think a lot of people have been buying 380s because they work so well as pocket guns so now you can't find ammo for them. I tried to find .357 SIG at wally world and Academy this morning. No luck. Both places were short on everything.
Charlie

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Oldgringo »

The local Wal-Mart in Jacksonville also has no ammo BUT the area manager (not department manager) confirmed to me this morning that word had come down from Bentonville to limit the purchase of ammo to two (2) boxes per customer at a time. :thumbs2:

Now if they only had some to limit.... :banghead:. While there, the department mgr. showed me an ad he'd clipped from the Tyler paper where some {fill in the blank} had a box of 100 that he was willing to part with for $100.

TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasComputerDude »

The evil in me is tempting me to buy all the 380 I can find and sell it at outrageous prices...

Who knows, maybe I'll walk into a walmart and find 10 or 20 boxes :reddevil
:leaving
Glock 30 - main ccw

retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

The Badger531 wrote:is it just me OR is there an ammo shortage? i ask this cause me and my Girl Friend BOTH have 380's and we CANNOT find ANY 380 ammo for target pratice can some one tell me WHAT THE DEAL IS i called Academy Sports and they told me that they have OVER 1 MILLION BOXES ON BACK ORDER....WOW he also told me that it's like that at wally world too. :shock:

This thread has got to be a joke. :roll:

TxDrifter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxDrifter »

I shoot 45 and can find it occasionally at two different Academy's. You might try your local range/gun shop. I know my local guy saw this coming and bought quite a bit ahead of time and because of it has a supply.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

TexasComputerDude wrote:The evil in me is tempting me to buy all the 380 I can find and sell it at outrageous prices...

Well if you do find 10 or 20 boxes you will be leaving 4 or 14 boxes for someone else. ...LOL. They have a sign in the wally worlds now limiting the amount to 6 boxes. :smilelol5:

SlowDave

Post by SlowDave »

Funny thing: I went into an Academy a week ago. No .32 ACP at all, no bricks of .22 LR. Wasn't looking for my .40 S&W so didn't notice (and I was in a hurry). BUT... on the shelf, they have about 50 boxes of 200ct .223!!! Go figure!

(And before everyone starts asking, I already told a couple of friends about the find and I'm sure they went and cleaned them out.)

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I'm seeing 9mm start to show up in Academy again, but no one seems to have .38spl.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

TexasComputerDude

03Lightningrocks wrote:
TexasComputerDude wrote:The evil in me is tempting me to buy all the 380 I can find and sell it at outrageous prices...

Well if you do find 10 or 20 boxes you will be leaving 4 or 14 boxes for someone else. ...LOL. They have a sign in the wally worlds now limiting the amount to 6 boxes. :smilelol5:
I'm sure I can find a way around that lol ;-)
Glock 30 - main ccw

TexasComputerDude

SlowDave wrote:Funny thing: I went into an Academy a week ago. No .32 ACP at all, no bricks of .22 LR. Wasn't looking for my .40 S&W so didn't notice (and I was in a hurry). BUT... on the shelf, they have about 50 boxes of 200ct .223!!! Go figure!

(And before everyone starts asking, I already told a couple of friends about the find and I'm sure they went and cleaned them out.)

I asked my local academy if they sold bulk .223 and they said "you can buy a bunch of 20 packs"
Glock 30 - main ccw

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Bass Pro in Grapevine last night had .223 Rem. FMJ at $10 per box. Floor clerk said 10-box case price was $89 something. when I got to the register with it, it rang up as $99 something. The guy called bossman on it, who said case price discounts had been eliminated. They also had some .40 FMJ which I picked up for around $16 per box.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

The .223 200 round bulk packs are Remington Umc.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

cowboymd

Post by cowboymd »

Oldgringo wrote:The local Wal-Mart in Jacksonville also has no ammo BUT the area manager (not department manager) confirmed to me this morning that word had come down from Bentonville to limit the purchase of ammo to two (2) boxes per customer at a time. :thumbs2:

Now if they only had some to limit.... :banghead:. While there, the department mgr. showed me an ad he'd clipped from the Tyler paper where some {fill in the blank} had a box of 100 that he was willing to part with for $100.

That's a steal, compared to the $64 for 50 Blazer Brass quoted to a friend of mine at the local pawn shop up here in Sherman.
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”