January Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

pale rider
Posts in topic: 2

Re: January Applicants

Post by pale rider »

I took the CHL class in the beginning of January at Shooters Station in Conroe. Sent the packet in the next day , and had to wait a 3 weeks for a pin number. Finally got the Processing application phase in March, and been there ever since. I had made several calls to see what was happening to the application and got every excuse in the book. The past week and a half was they had a computer virus, and to call back in a few days. I did and they said well we still have to do a criminal background check and that could take 1 to 2 months to do. I had enough , I emailed my state senator for this district, and figured that I might hear back in a week or so. Well the next day (Almost 24 hours since I emailed the rep) I got a call from the DPS, and they said they were expiditing my application immediately, because the rep had called them about my email. Thank you Senator Nicholes .

SKEET225ZX

Post by SKEET225ZX »

Hello Forum, First post here.

Took Class on Jan 10, sent paperwork in on Jan 12, DPS received and have been processing application ever since Jan 15.

Emailed DPS April 3 and asked status, they replied on April 9 and told me that my application has been approved and they are wainting on the printing of the license.

I emailed a follow up status question 0n April 23 and asked what the hold up is and this is what they replied.

" Thank You for your patience, we are experiencing technical diffulties with the printer. You should receive your permit within 14-21 days.

Might be a while if this is true.

tmsfan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tmsfan »

I sent my application in on Jan 23rd and I emailed DPS three weeks ago and received the same "waiting on printing" response... I just checked my status and it still says "Processing Application" so it may be awhile...

Mike

shh83
Posts in topic: 14
Location: Stephenville, Texas (one more week) and Rowlett, Texas

Post by shh83 »

just called...the system is down yet again!

Scott

FuziDave
Posts in topic: 6

Post by FuziDave »

FuziDave wrote:i took the CHL at the TX Handgun Academy in Dallas on Jan 10. that was a 10 hour butt-numb-er. LONG day.

mailed off the packet Jan 11th.
day 110 and counting :grumble
FuziDave

TheEntity
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TheEntity »

Low and behold, I logged into the DPS site this morning, and I finally got the, "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active." Just waiting on snail mail now. Total wait was 105 days!

:thewave
:txflag:
CHL Class: 1/10/2009
Packet Mailed: 1/12/2009
Received Pin Number: 2/9/2009
Application Processing: 2/9/2009
Fingerprint Cards Returned: 2/13/2009
Mailed Corrected Fingerprint Cards: 2/17/2009
Application Processing: 2/18/2009
Application Completed: 4/29/2009
Plastic in Hand: 5/2/2009

SKEET225ZX

Post by SKEET225ZX »

Good Goobly Goo!!!

After I was told last week that It would be 14-21 days before I receive license and still had "processing application"
on the web, I logged in today and BANG!!!! Application Completed- License issued/Certificate Active.

Now just waiting on the Postman!!!!!! :thewave :hurry: :clapping:

Glockfreak
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Glockfreak »

well 63 days after DPS received my application i finally received the message this morning "application complete- license issued or certificate active" :clapping: I will hopefully receive it in the mail soon so i can report on my wally walk! woohoo :cheers2:

Pistol storm 40
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pistol storm 40 »

I feel sorry for all you January applicants that are still waiting! I mailed my packet the first week of Febuary and received my license April 17th. The DPS system make no sense to me at all :banghead: Just when I think I have it down, I find that even some of the December applicants have not received their license's as well. :rules:

I am not sure if their computer system down or the printer is down holds water! I just think they are over whelmed with tons of applications and tons of inquiries. I do believe depending on what county you live in Texas seems to make a difference on license's being issued in a resonable time frame :thumbs2:

It was painful for me waiting too, I am just glad I do not have to go through this again anytime soon. Keep the faith and your fingers crossed that their next excuse will not be " Swine Flu is causing us to slow down" :bigmouth

tesla
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tesla »

Class: 01/24/09
Mailed: 01/26/09
Check cashed: 02/02/09

Still waiting, day 87. Finally gave in and emailed my representative today, so we'll see if that gets any results. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with a Harris/Brazoria double whammy so I'm not holding my breath.

snack
Posts in topic: 10

Post by snack »

Well even after i got a call from dps and they said they were expiditing my application immediately, because Representative Larry Talyor office had called them about the email i sent his office. That was a week ago and now i'm on day 100 :thumbs2: and still processing app so much for the exppiditing.

USA1
Posts in topic: 21

Post by USA1 »

snack wrote:Well even after i got a call from dps and they said they were expiditing my application immediately, because Representative Larry Talyor office had called them about the email i sent his office. That was a week ago and now i'm on day 100 :thumbs2: and still processing app so much for the exppiditing.
keep your head up !sometimes just when you've taken all you can take, surprise! :woohoo
i hope.
:coolgleamA:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

steve_stock
Posts in topic: 10

Post by steve_stock »

I wrote the letters etc. after day 60. I even have my own personal contact at DPS who is supposed to be helping me get this expedited. Now at day 95. I think they finally broke me. I'm not even mad or frustrated anymore. Actually, I'm just embarrassed at how inept our government employees are and the double standards that exist in our legal system.

Steve

bkblaw84
Posts in topic: 14

Post by bkblaw84 »

Checked this morning and got the good news....finally!

I think my 60 days was reset on March 12, so it came in under the next 60 day period. Not too bad if you ask me.
Dallas County
CHL Class: 1/9/09
Mailed Packet: 1/12/09
DPS Received Packet: 1/14/09
PIN Received in Mail: 2/9/09
Application incomplete - left a gap

USA1
Posts in topic: 21

Post by USA1 »

steve_stock wrote:I wrote the letters etc. after day 60. I even have my own personal contact at DPS who is supposed to be helping me get this expedited. Now at day 95. I think they finally broke me. I'm not even mad or frustrated anymore. Actually, I'm just embarrassed at how inept our government employees are and the double standards that exist in our legal system.

Steve
the bigger the government,the more inept it is...INEPT is a kind description.
:coolgleamA:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”