Dallas Arboretum Posted?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Dallas Arboretum Posted?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The Annoyed Woman would be less annoyed if I could take her to the Dallas Arboretum. Can anyone tell me if the arboretum is posted 30.06 or if there are any other restrictions on carrying there?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dallas Arboretum Posted?

Post by Keith B »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The Annoyed Woman would be less annoyed if I could take her to the Dallas Arboretum. Can anyone tell me if the arboretum is posted 30.06 or if there are any other restrictions on carrying there?
The Arboretum is on two pieces of ground. 44 acres are city owned and could not legally be posted anyway. The other 22 acres belongs to the Society that runs the arboretum. I haven't been for a few years, but don't remember any signs. However, it was pre-CHL so wasn't really looking for those either.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Thanks Keith. Does each piece of ground have its own separate entrance, or are they contiguous with just one entrance?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Thanks Keith. Does each piece of ground have its own separate entrance, or are they contiguous with just one entrance?
Well, it is all one contiguous area. However, I did a search on the tax records, and it lists that address as owned by the City of Dallas. There are no other entries for the tax records. So, I ain't no lawyur, but luks lik all 'ficially gubment propurty ta me!! :bigear:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

KFP
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KFP »

Not posted at all and I'd be hard pressed to distinguish between who owns what there. Enjoy to scenery!
Life Member NRA & TSRA

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Thanks y'all. I'm going to try and take my wife there this weekend.

#TINVOWOOT

ferretray

Post by ferretray »

Keith B wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The Annoyed Woman would be less annoyed if I could take her to the Dallas Arboretum. Can anyone tell me if the arboretum is posted 30.06 or if there are any other restrictions on carrying there?
The Arboretum is on two pieces of ground. 44 acres are city owned and could not legally be posted anyway. The other 22 acres belongs to the Society that runs the arboretum. I haven't been for a few years, but don't remember any signs. However, it was pre-CHL so wasn't really looking for those either.
The Arboretum is owned by the city of Dallas and administered by the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Society. 66 acres. The property is not 30-06 posted.
Colt 1911's in .45 ACP are suggested for CCW, but not required. ;-)
Please PM me if you need any more info. I've lived onsite for 5+ years now.

Backwoods

Post by Backwoods »

Just hold on to your wallet around the daffodils "rlol"
NRA
PT145 Millennium Pro SST
M&P 9mm Shield

ferretray

Post by ferretray »

Backwoods wrote:Just hold on to your wallet around the daffodils "rlol"
I don't get it.

Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Went today 3/14/13. No signs at all.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Haven't been for about 7 years and it wasn't posted then either. Just be careful bending over to smell the flowers. Remember, bend at the knees, not the waist. :nono: :lol:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Glad to know it is not posted. Taking the old walker out and taking my wife next week.

cutman365

Post by cutman365 »

Sorry to revive an old thread, but they have posted a 30.06 sign at the children's garden entrance to the arboretum as of two weeks ago. This can't be legal, since there is a sign later on recognizing the City of Dallas' contribution to the garden just a bit further in. Guess I won't be renewing my membership.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

cutman365 wrote:Sorry to revive an old thread, but they have posted a 30.06 sign at the children's garden entrance to the arboretum as of two weeks ago. This can't be legal, since there is a sign later on recognizing the City of Dallas' contribution to the garden just a bit further in. Guess I won't be renewing my membership.

Sounds like a visit, a photograph and a formal complaint are in order after September 1st.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

oefs2015

Post by oefs2015 »

This is an update. As of September 2015 there is a "no firearms" sign posted at the main entrance.
I don't know how legal this is, but is there.
I'm adding this beacuse there is no information on the Arboretum's web site.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”