Would you register your guns?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

zaroffhunts
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Would you register your guns?

Post by zaroffhunts »

boomerang wrote:They're already registered on a 4473.
Most of mine are registered on a Form 4.

It's interesting to read the bravado online but I have my doubts who would actually follow through if the Obama administration enacts NFA-like registration for all firearms, with similar penalties for any unregistered guns.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man" - Ernest Hemingway

bryang

Post by bryang »

Guns...oh my, no sir. I don't want nothing to do with guns, besides, I got rid of all of them a long time ago because you never know when they may just up and attack me in my sleep, you know? ...yeah, sold them to a guy at a gun show.
Huh? Oh yeah, Lee Brown was the name and guns was his game...cash, too. :coolgleamA:

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

Topic author
Doug.38PR
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Doug.38PR »

LOL!!! :smilelol5: "rlol" :woohoo :lol: :cheers2: :lol:: :rolll

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

pbwalker wrote:What guns?

:leaving
:cheers2:
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

dac1842

Post by dac1842 »

Guns? ohhhhh you must mean the paint ball guns and bb guns in my closet. Yes sir Mr. Obama secret police officer sir, you can have those if you want em! ( wondering now if the underground safe in backyard has enough coffee spread around it to deter the gun sniffiing dogs)

Sarah81

Post by Sarah81 »

What guns? I sold all mine yesterday. But I do have this old, rusted-out .22 rifle that the guy didn't want. You're welcome to that, Mr. Secret Agent Man.

dleewo

Post by dleewo »

I find it interesting that most people on these forums are very concerned about being legal when it comes to their CHL, for example, not just obeying 30.06 signs, but on getting clarification on where they can actually carry, but when it comes to registration of guns, the implication is that they will not register.

After all, isn't refusal to register guns similar to carrying concealed where prohibited (unless of course there are metal detectors). In both cases, the likelihood of being discovered as being illegal are low.

Now, while I'm against gun registration, if it is passed and made into law, I for one will register my guns.

Derek
Tarrant County
03/26/2009 - Completed online application
03/28/2009 - CHL class
04/02/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
05/18/2009 - Status changed to "Processing Application"
07/04/2009 - Status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
07/09/2009 - Plastic in Hand

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

dleewo wrote:I find it interesting that most people on these forums are very concerned about being legal when it comes to their CHL, for example, not just obeying 30.06 signs, but on getting clarification on where they can actually carry, but when it comes to registration of guns, the implication is that they will not register.

After all, isn't refusal to register guns similar to carrying concealed where prohibited (unless of course there are metal detectors). In both cases, the likelihood of being discovered as being illegal are low.

Now, while I'm against gun registration, if it is passed and made into law, I for one will register my guns.

Derek
I applaud you for your honesty and apparent lack of hypocrisy. Unfortunately for myself, I am one of those people that think some things are right and others are wrong, even when they are apparently directly related.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

RiverRat

Post by RiverRat »

Congrats on your honesty.

You have to realize YOU and I are registered and have already submitted to being identified as a gun owner and have paid no small investment for being registered, training, and equipment by becoming a CHL. It was one of my major considerations when making the decision to become CHL.......to be absolutely identified as an evil gun owner knowing the political winds that were building. Hopefully, we can do something constructive (and positive) to change the mis-information disseminated by the majority of the public media about gun ownership. There should be no misconception that I have guns primarily for my personal safety, not for hunting, competition, or games. I do really like target shooting, though.

Needless to say, I am not in favor of individual gun registration or gun owner registration in any form, but I suspect I will register what I carry in order to maintain my carry "rights (read permission tax)" until the costs hit too high a fiscal or moral pain threshold. It's all a balance of costs you are willing to pay for your personal protection, the protection of your privacy, and your rights as an individual against the wants of the undefineable entities maligning us.

What are all of the good reasons for registration, anyway? So law enforcement knows what? They can look in the phone book. Control and eventual collection of all firearms and collection of funds and growth in the number of government departments in the mean time are the only two valid reasons I can conclude.
Life member NRA and TSRA

LaUser

Post by LaUser »

Already have, sort of. Forum 4473. These forms are given the same status as a tax return under the Privacy Act of 1974 and cannot be disclosed to private parties or government officials without a proper warrant. Dealers are required to maintain completed forms for 20 years in the case of completed sales and 5 years where the sale was denied by the NCIS check coming back disapproved or other disqualifying information.

Caveat: Rarely has the government failed to get a warrant or subpoena when it wants one.
The Republican Party has been taken over by the Four Horsemen of Calumny,
Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry and Smear.

phoneguy

Post by phoneguy »

LaUser wrote:Already have, sort of. Forum 4473. These forms are given the same status as a tax return under the Privacy Act of 1974 and cannot be disclosed to private parties or government officials without a proper warrant. Dealers are required to maintain completed forms for 20 years in the case of completed sales and 5 years where the sale was denied by the NCIS check coming back disapproved or other disqualifying information.

Caveat: Rarely has the government failed to get a warrant or subpoena when it wants one.
I would refer you back to my earler post.

To those who say they would register their guns, I appalud your honesty. But I must ask, when will we as a community stand up and say, THIS far, NO more?

When they pass a new assault weapons ban that makes your Ruger 10/22 illegal?

When they say we must register all weapons, so they can get an accurate accounting of privately owned firearms?

When they pass an armory bill, that forces us to keep our guns in federally approved storage facilities (for the childern)?

When they say we must have a reason to check our private property out from the federally approved armory, and have a reason THEY agree with (that does not include self defense)?

When they start house to house searches to make sure we are not keeping any weapons or excessive amounts of ammunition in our homes?

When they seize the weapons in the armories because we cannot be trusted?

The party in power has already demonstrated a distain for the 1st, 2nd, and 10th ammendments. When the 4th and 5th go, and the military strength police force the community organizer has stated a preference for comes down YOUR street, will we then stand up and say THIS FAR, NO MORE?

No, because it will be too late.

We must make it clear to our elected leaders NOW, that we will not stand for anymore erosion of our rights as Americans, and if they will not support that, then they will pay a heavy price at the ballot box.

And that, I believe is the real meaning of the tea party movement, to say that WE THE PEOPLE are the basis of American Democracy, and the government exists to serve US, not the other way around.

If you're tired of a President who says he will defend to the death your right to agree with him. STAND UP.

If you're tired of af a congress (Both Republicans and Democrats) who belive that the productive members of a society should be taxed out of existence to buy votes of the unproductive, STAND UP.

If you're tired of a media that is constantly portraying YOU has the enemy of peace and freedom, STAND UP.

IF you're tired of culture that ridicules everything you've supported and believed in your entire life, that seeks to re-define the societal norms and Judeo-Christian values that define western civilization, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, AND SAKE OF OUR FUTURE, STAND UP.

THS FAR, NO MORE

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I sense a disturbance in the force.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

Where are your guns, Mr Anderson?
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I have been rebuilding my house. This involves, in effect, registering my fixtures such as flooring material electrical, plumbing and electrical outlets. This is demanded so that they can tax me more. Is this invasion of privacy any different? As I see it realistically, the confiscation of our homes by the government is more likely than our guns.
Yeah, I've let the brownshirted thugs come into my home so I can someday move back in. They didn't seem to concerned about whether there were guns or not though.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

TEXASGIANT

Post by TEXASGIANT »

If these were really my guns I would gladly surrender them to my government like a good cooperative citizen.
I am just a simple soldier, I have to much honor to be a politician and there are no statesmen left.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”