Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Diode
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Diode »

zeke wrote:New guy here,

Carry guns/equipment:
- N/A - went to The Bullet Trap and tested a XD in 40 cal and fell absolutely in love (I forsee my credit card getting a workout soon :grin: ).
You have no idea.... XD-40 was my first, I loved it too. Very good shooting gun. Welcome to the forums..... I'll visit with ya in the "Waiting Room" once you get that CHL started.

jim

zeke
Posts in topic: 2

Post by zeke »

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to getting the process going.
O-Qua Tangin Wann

panic911
Posts in topic: 1

Post by panic911 »

Benn lurking for some time now... Only a few posts. :oops:

Name: Jason F.

Marital status: 7 years next month.
Children: 1 - Little girl, Ava Ryan, 5 months old

Profession/school status -
-Ex-Air Force (SSgt) - 6yrs
-Computer Engineer / Small Business Owner working with the Department of Defense

CHL: Submitted last week. Patiently waiting.

Current Handguns: S&W 410 .40 cal, Glock 27 .40 cal, XD .45 ACP 4"

HOSSISFREE
Posts in topic: 5

Post by HOSSISFREE »

Panic911,

Hello, and thank you for your service. I'm former Army and know what it means to have served. (hence, my signature)

It's also good to see someone of my age here. Although I have been seeing more of them recently. Good to see others getting their CHL.

I have recently left the waiting room, but try to help those that are still there. Hang in there, it's worth the wait.

As a father of a 5months old, congradulations on fatherhood. I don't have any of my own, but did have a stepdaughter through the teenage/highschool years. I'm sure you will appreciate the 10yo daughter rule here in the forum.

I gotta tell ya, it was fun sharpening a knife, or cleaning a gun when young suiters came to take the teenage stepdaughter out on a date. It may be a long time away, but look forward to it. OMG So fun!

Welcome to the forum!

Hoss
..." it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." ~ Declaration of Independence!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome panic. Happy 1st Father's Day.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

cwt33

Post by cwt33 »

Marital status Maried but not for long :sad: 1 daughter 5 years old :grin:
Years CHL: 4 years time to renew
Texas State Representative House District: Not sure
Carry guns/equipment : Glock 22 w/ComTac holster for IDPA and Smartcarry for EDC

Shoot at Terrell Pistol and Riffle Club

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Good job. Welcome aboard again.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jasonkc

the new guy

Post by jasonkc »

Profession: Computer Engineer
Marital status: Single. That's right ladies.
Years CHL: 3 years in La. Texas license has been issued--just waiting on the postman.
Carry guns/equipment: Sig Sauer P220 / Ed Brown Kobra Carry (SS)

tvone
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tvone »

Just found this forum, but I've been around firearms all of my life.

I'm 43, married with 3 kids, 4, 15, 17.

I work for the evil empire...(CBS), where I'm a producer/director.

Live in the DFW area.

Main interest has been shotguns and rifles. Truly believe that a handgun is something you use while trying to get to the shotgun or rifle you should not have put down in the first place.

I have completed beginner, intermediate, and advanced handgun classes with a few different instructors. Completed basic carbine and shotgun classes also.

Don't have a CHL yet. I've been procrastinating for many years.

I'm a member at TDSA, shoot mainly shotguns at Alpine, and pistols at The Shooter's Club or Winchester in Fort Worth.

I mainly post at ARFCOM or DFW THR.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tvone:
Welcome again. You sound like a Thunder Ranch grad. - am I correct?
It’s great to have producer/director among us! Perhaps we can get some good press now that we have a contact on the “inside.� :thumbsup:

Chas.

tvone

Post by tvone »

Not a Thunder Ranch grad, but worked early on with Steve Moses.

I plan to get some additional training at Tiger Valley. Been there a few times socially, and have been really impressed with the real world training that goes on there. It's also a first class long range facility. TJ knows what works on the streets from first hand experience. High round count, low bull. My kind of place. From what I've heard from his students, you'd better be in decent shape before you go. Hard work, but well worth it.

I usually don't mix my career with my views of 2nd Adm., kind of like arguing with a pig...you don't get anywhere, and you annoy the pig.

I've picked up a couple of carry guns, but never really liked compacts. I have a Springfield 9mm 1911 Ultra Compact Lightweight and a S&W 342CT. Neither one really strikes me as my cup of tea. I prefer CZ's or Glock 9mm's. In fact, I'm in the market for a G26. Miss the one I had!

Holsters- IWB by Sam Andrews out of FL.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tvone wrote:I usually don't mix my career with my views of 2nd Adm., kind of like arguing with a pig...you don't get anywhere, and you annoy the pig.
I was just kidding about a man on the inside. :rolll

Chas.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

With all due respect tvone, your above statement is much like the Christian farmer who promices not to take his faith to the market place lest it irritate those who pay his way. Sir He who will not risk his job for his faith or his 2nd Amendment will never risk his life for either.

tvone

Post by tvone »

longtooth wrote:With all due respect tvone, your above statement is much like the Christian farmer who promices not to take his faith to the market place lest it irritate those who pay his way. Sir He who will not risk his job for his faith or his 2nd Amendment will never risk his life for either.
As a Christian, I take my faith everywhere I go, but that does not mean that I witness to every non-Christian I meet.

Company policy forbids firearms on company grounds, vehicles, or while conducting company business. I agreed to those terms for employment. I enjoy what I do and I'm good at it. I see no reason to "irritate" the pig.

As for being the man inside, I've had done some good. I was able to outfit our crew with proper body armor for their use in the sandbox. Otherwise, our company was set to purchase off the shelf concealable vests. They left with Interceptors, rifle plates, Kelvar pots, Under Armor, gloves, ballistic glasses, and hydration units.

Work is a small portion of my life; it's what I do, not who I am.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Welcome tvone :seeya:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”