Academy ammo sales

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Derekhie
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Academy ammo sales

Post by Derekhie »

Academy in Selma has 9mm, 38, 40, and 45 ammo. I just pick up 2 boxes of Remington 45acp 250 count for 90.00 each. :anamatedbanana

SkinnyB78

Post by SkinnyB78 »

longhorn_92 wrote:
MTICop wrote:I need to go to the Academy in Sugar Land then. I haven't seen bullets in a San Antonio Academy in a very long time. I must be missing the delivery truck. Good luck on finding a store with ammo in stock even if it was limited.

Academy stills sells ammo?....
"rlol"

:waiting:
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

We just bought 300 rounds of .223 55 gr FMJs at Academy in Grapevine this afternoon, but their handgun ammo supply was really skimpy.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

The Academy limit policy must be set by the individual store. I checked out the new Academy on I-10 between Bunker Hill and Gessner this morning and they did not have one round of hand gun ammo on the shelf. I talked to the man behind the counter and he said that they get shipments in on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. He said to call in at 9 AM on those days and they will let you know what they have. They will hold two boxes of each caliber for you for that day only; if you don't pick it up that day they return it to the shelves. He said by 10 - 10:30 AM all the ammo is already gone or spoken for. He said this week they were averaging about a call a minute during that time.

They did have a nice selection of pistols in stock. In fact they they started carrying Colt products two weeks ago.

Good luck to everyone.
CHL since 01/26/09

TexaNurse

Post by TexaNurse »

I know this thread is old. But if it any help, I just bought the last box of Remington 250rd MegaPack from the Academy off of Gessner and SW-59. They still have (2) 100-rd Winchester White Box and a shelf load of Monarch 50rd boxes, all in 9mm.

Eddie2612

Post by Eddie2612 »

Walmart in the Colony.. they are getting ammo 2-3 times per week.. lately has been a lot of .40 but I did pick up some .45 (and I dont even own a 45.. just know I want one) ..

Glock 19 - IWB
Ruger P345 = .45
Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR

sss

Post by sss »

I've had excellent luck at the new Academy on Katy Freeway and Bunker Hill. Picked up two Remington UMC 9mm Mega-Paks last week... one on Monday, one on Wednesday. They had at least 5 more in stock at the time I bought mine, though I'm sure they went quite quickly.
Carrying since 02/06/2009.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Eddie2612 wrote:................. but I did pick up some .45 (and I dont even own a 45.. just know I want one) ..
I just don't know why there is an ammo shortage. :roll:

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

Academy at 59 and 1960 seems to be getting a decent supply of handgun ammo lately. It does not last long, and they are restricting customers to 5 boxes, but the last two Saturdays they have had quite a bit of 9mm on the shelves. This weekend they had 3 different types; Remington, Winchester and Monarch.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”