Favorite AR mags?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Favorite AR mags?

Post by Weg »

For looks...thermolds, they just look so cool, and funtion pretty good. For reliability, I just buy the G.I. 30 rounders from brownells with the green followers. Never had a problem.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

Weg wrote:For looks...thermolds, they just look so cool, and funtion pretty good. For reliability, I just buy the G.I. 30 rounders from brownells with the green followers. Never had a problem.
Yup!

P-mags are the "cats meow"....but the Brownell's tactical mag is an excellent product at a low cost.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Rugrash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rugrash »

+1 for Pmags.

Remember you can also replace your milspec/USGI followers in other mags with Magpul anti-tilt followers. They come in hi-vis colors as well. I do like the Pmags for their durability as well as their ability to store a full magazine of rounds without the issue of damaging the feedlips (just use the supplied dustcover). For all my other mags that I keep loaded I only load 28 rounds instead of 30 to avoid this issue. C-Products and Sabre Defense also do decent mags. If you like the clear mags, check out Lancer. They have metal followers and metal feed lips built-in. If you like spending extra money you could get some HK high-reliability mags but they're ridiculously expensive and not worth it IMHO.

-Rug

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

man, I bought two of these "FAMED" PMags (for $18.50, no less).

How do you guys "break-in" these things. I tried shooting with one of the mags, and it was smoke-stack city! switched to the ol' metal box mag, and I coulda taken down the Mujahadeen.

I was told to just load'em up with 20 or so rounds, and that would get'er done, but I was curious what ya'll thought.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

DoubleJ wrote:man, I bought two of these "FAMED" PMags (for $18.50, no less).

How do you guys "break-in" these things. I tried shooting with one of the mags, and it was smoke-stack city! switched to the ol' metal box mag, and I coulda taken down the Mujahadeen.

I was told to just load'em up with 20 or so rounds, and that would get'er done, but I was curious what ya'll thought.
Never had a problem with any of mine.

You sure you weren't trying to stick 'em in an AK or sumpin'? :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

well, they ARE plastic, you mean they won't work in a Glock????
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”