Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Kalrog »

Johnny wrote:a mile and a half in fifteen minutes is quite a jaunt when you've spent the last four years reading books and drinking DrPepper.
Johnny - Take it from a man who went from a couch potato 280 to a marathon (and longer) running fool. It is amazing how far and fast you can run in very little time. Let me know if you need help on that front... I have a 30k this weekend and a 12 hour in a month so I know the long distance route, but I have done some speed work in the past. Best mile for me is 6:47, but that was 2 years ago. I am in better shape now, but I have let the speed down while I have drastically increased the distance.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 50

Post by seamusTX »

Johnny wrote:I've just got better things to do at the moment.
Smart man. When I was a teenager, I saw my friends wasting their time and money with nutty girlfriends and said, I don't need none 'o that. (I wasted my time and money on horses, but that's another story.)

When the right one comes along, you'll fall like the proverbial house of cards.

- Jim

O6nop
Posts in topic: 2

Run, Johnny, Run!

Post by O6nop »

Johnny,
You are a young man, running a 10 minute mile is no problem when you put your mind to it. I'm nearly 50, weigh 240 nd last year I ran the Cap10K in an hour (6.2 miles). My daugter is 14 and can run 9 minute miles.
But, it's easy to fall out of shape, an injury caused me to stop running for a while and I just haven't gotten back in to it. Now I walk, it takes roughly 15 minutes to walk a mile, you could easily turn that into a nice jog and get up to 1.5 miles!

You can do it!

WEC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WEC »

Hi guys. I just found this forum the other day and I've been amazed at how friendly everyone is. The site has a wealth of information and I'm looking forward to reading as much as I can. As far as introductions go:

Marital Status: Single and looking :cool:
Years CHL: None :oops: Planning on taking the course within the month, but still long overdue, since I have been procrastinating about it for the past, oh.. 6 years.
Planned carry gun: Trying to decide between a Sig 226 or 229 in .357 Sig vs. my new Kimber Eclipse Pro II. Kahr K9 in an ankle holster. :smile:

Thanks for the site and the people who contribute. I'm a little new to owning guns (bought my first one around 7 years ago), but I'm a fast learner.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 33

Post by jbirds1210 »

WEC,
Let me be the first of many to welcome you! I think that you will continue to find some great folks here who have little time to argue and fuss, we just want to talk about guns! :fire I look forward to learning from your experience! Take care and have a great night.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

HOSSISFREE
Posts in topic: 5

Post by HOSSISFREE »

Welcome WEC,

Nice to see someone else my age here. You're right, the folks here are very friendly, and very gracious with their knowledge and experience.

Also good to see another soon-to-be CHLer. Just got my card today. I tell ya, it's a good feeling to have a .45 strapped on while out and about in this day in age.

Hoss
..." it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." ~ Declaration of Independence!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

wec, Welcome to the forum. We believe you found the best one. I have to vote for the Eclipse ll because that is one of my primaries. Alternate between it & a K Pro CDP. Aint no junk anywhere in the list. Welcome.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

keyframe

Post by keyframe »

What's up? I have posted in a few threads and figured now would be a good time to introduce myself.

This forum has to be one of the most informative and friendly on the net. I am enjoying it.

Profession/school status -
- Associates Degree in Graphic Design and MultiMedia
- Bachelors Degree in Visual Communications
- Currently Graphic Designer/Programmer at http://www.targetscope.com

Marital status: Happily Married almost 3 years.

Years CHL - N/A - Two more years... (waiting for a bull misdemeanor)

Texas State Representative House District: 70
Carry guns/equipment:
- Sig 229 .357sig
- Wishlist: Ed Brown Executive Carry

Diode
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Diode »

Welcome Keyframe...... What part of the great state of Texas are you from?

keyframe

Post by keyframe »

I live in McKinney (north DFW)... Born and raised in Odessa.

Diode
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Diode »

keyframe wrote:I live in McKinney (north DFW)... Born and raised in Odessa.
My oldest daughter and her family live in McKinney. Don't know a Blake Posey do ya? :) Nice area up there!

keyframe

Post by keyframe »

Noper, I sure don't.

We just built a new house up here, so we've only been up here for about a year.

We lived in Richardson before that, Las Colinas prior.

zeke
Posts in topic: 2

Post by zeke »

New guy here,

Been lurking here for a few weeks, checking things out. Looks like a great place with lots of cool folks. Don't have my CHL yet, but will be getting the process started in the next month or so.

Profession/school status -
-bull in Computer stuff
-Programmer for a large local Sour Cream Mfg.

Marital status: Happily Married almost 6 years.

Years CHL - Will be getting the process started in the next month or so

Carry guns/equipment:
- N/A - went to The Bullet Trap and tested a XD in 40 cal and fell absolutely in love (I forsee my credit card getting a workout soon :grin: ).
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Welcome Zeke and thanks for joining us. It's good to hear you'll be applying for your CHL soon, as it appears the Waiting Room is clearing out and we don’t want it to be completely empty!

Chas.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome to you keyFrame. I am a West Texas native from Lubbock & know of the sand. Glad to have you here. You will find the support you need for you pre waiting room wait. Use the time to get some practice, choose the weapon & carry method. It will not be a loss.

Welcome zeke. Excellent choice on the XD - 40. My son has one & he also loves it. He is in the military & carried a Baretta 92 for 16 yrs in security. I have shot his & have said before that if I ever change from a 1911 platform that Springer XD will be the one I go to. Welcome aboard.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”