Application Question

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mes311
Posts in topic: 2

Application Question

Post by mes311 »

I took Tom's class yesterday in Texas City and am working on the application to send in. Quick question if anyone has had a similar experience: for residences, I've lived on my current property since 2001, but about 3 years ago we moved to a nearby apartment while our house was being built. We kept our address of the property as our address on our drivers licenses and such since it was nearby,we were out there quite often, and the property still had a mailbox, but our bills and such were forwarded to the apartment by the post office via change of address. Do I need to include this apartment address on the application?

Thanks.

bkblaw84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Application Question

Post by bkblaw84 »

I would...they can be very picky about that sort of thing. I'm currently paying the price.
Dallas County
CHL Class: 1/9/09
Mailed Packet: 1/12/09
DPS Received Packet: 1/14/09
PIN Received in Mail: 2/9/09
Application incomplete - left a gap

lagoshooter

Post by lagoshooter »

I would too ... the criteria are clear. Be precise, accurate and complete then no problem ... leaving things out will only raise questions.

ninemm

Post by ninemm »

Does anyone know how they use the residence information? Do they contact your local police department, county, adjacent counties or what. If so, two addresses in the same area and county would not seem to make much difference.

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Welcome to the forum, mes311 and lagoshooter.

I don't know exactly what DPS does with the address information. One thing I know for certain: They perform a background check in each county where you have lived or worked. Living at multiple addresses in the same county should make no difference in that respect.

The other thing that I can guess with confidence is that they use the address to confirm or rule out matches in criminal databases. Unless you have a very unusual name, there are going to be people with the same name who have criminal records, and possibly even people with the same name and birth date.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

LaserTex

Post by LaserTex »

Besides, your credit report will show it as an address.

Doug :txflag:
LaserTex
Air Force Retired ** Life Member VFW ** NRA Member **
** Life Member AmVets ** Patriot Guard Rider **

Topic author
mes311
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mes311 »

Thanks for the advice ya'll. I guess I need to break down and start digging for the address :lol:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”