How much extra ammunition do you carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

XD_Dan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XD_Dan »

I always carry 21 rounds.
10+1 in the XD SC and an extra 10 rnd mag.

I hope I never need any of them.

Baytown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Baytown »

I always carry extra ammo. "One is none, two is one, and three is better." I heard that several times at Thunder Ranch and they seem to be pretty good at what they do there.

Glenn

BTW: Anyone have an extra speed strip I can buy, I don't want to pay $5 shipping or whatever from Dillon, and Carter's Country doesn't carry them. They thought I was an idiot and meant speed loaders. :roll:

glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

stevie_d_64

Yeah, I'm on the one spare magazine kick as well...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Just in case...

I'm with the crowd that says if you can't get it done with what you have in the gun right now, you're in a lot more trouble than you can imagine...

Picture the IDPA course of fire that has you walking backwards, firing two rounds into each target as you are leaving a simulated "structural" establishment...

But in real life, I find it hard to believe multiple aggressors continuing to pursue you out the door of some place after you have decisively put down one of their compadres...

But...Stranger things have happened...

Someday I may work up and buy some of those "normal" capacity mags...But for now...I'm ok with the 10 +1, with 10 behind that arrangement...

Later,
Steve
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Quote: "BTW: Anyone have an extra speed strip I can buy,"

Not presently, but a gun shop (Doc's) I get by sometimes down in Carrollton usually stocks 'em. 2 to a pkg I think for around $10. Will try to PM ya if I get more in hand.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Mrjayjay00

How Much Ammo 21 rounds!

Post by Mrjayjay00 »

Right now packing a bersa .380 which holds 7 rounds in a uncle mikes in the pants hip holster with a side magazine pouch which will actually fit two clips. So I've got one in the weapon and two in the pouch a total of 21 rounds. I hope I will never have to use the first seven muchless the other fourteen. Beings that I have a weapon with such a low hatcher rating I'll probably have to unload the first seven to get my point acrsoss anyway if ya know what I mean. However, I just started saving for a Kimber pro carry haven't decided which one though. I do know that I want the night sights to go with it.

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

Thanks Greybeard. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”