November '08 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Derekhie
Posts in topic: 26

Re: November '08 Applications

Post by Derekhie »

Congrats to ya... :clapping:

Broncrider
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Broncrider »

thanks, but i wont get too excited til it actually shows up. Maybe the rest of you guys will get your PDQ.
Broncrider
"I'm your huckleberry"---Doc Holiday, Tombstone

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

Finally those magic words showed up on the website this morning. :thewave
it should be in my mailbox by Saturday or so. Am I the last one left in the November section?
Broncrider

Topic author
Morgan
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Morgan »

You might be, but the sad thing is there are still folks who were months ahead of us who are still waiting.

I've been carrying every day since before Xmas and I have to tell you, it really does get easier every day.

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

Morgan wrote:You might be, but the sad thing is there are still folks who were months ahead of us who are still waiting.

I've been carrying every day since before Xmas and I have to tell you, it really does get easier every day.

I know what you mean--it amazes me that even with me having to get certified letters from a county I no longer live in and wait for the mail then send them to Austin my time went by so quick. I can't believe some have been waiting over 200 days. I had called earlier in the process and spoke with a very nice young lady and I guess she kinda took a special interest. All I was calling for was to make sure they had all of the information they needed so when they did process my app it would go smoothly. It amazed me how she took special interest and I never asked her to rush my app. I did thank her profusely for all of her efforts. I hope everyone gets their's processed soon, I would like to see everyone on this board get their processing time under the 60 day mark. I can't imagine how these guys are tolerating a 200 day wait.
Broncrider

Ricky
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Ricky »

I'm still waiting. As of today (12 February), 86 days from the start and 50 days since I re-submitted my fingerprints. This has been a test of patience. :waiting:
11/15 Took CHL class
11/17 Certified mailed packet
11/18 Received in Austin at 06.32
12/18 Received notice that the fingerprint cards did not meet minimum qualifications
12/24 New prints delivered at 09.53
03/02/2009 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

kirock7
Posts in topic: 14

Post by kirock7 »

Broncrider wrote: Am I the last one left in the November section?
Nope... I'm still waiting (impatiently) :banghead:

Ft. Bend County -
Applied Online: 11/11/08
Received DPS Packet: 11/17/08
CHL Class (passed): 11/23/08
Completed DPS Packet mailed: 11/24/08
"Processing Application": 12/13

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

You guys ain't too far from my timeline so maybe in the next couple of days you'll get those magic words.
:thumbs2:
Broncrider

Derekhie

Post by Derekhie »

I'm still here too. 82 days since my packet was received and day 20 since they started my 60 period over. They waited till the 60th day to start my new 60 day process over again. All because the pictures taken at my class were too dark. I can't believe that I received the too dark notice on 12/31 and they had my new pictures back in Austin on 1/7 and didn't start my processing again untill 1/21. It's like they just waited till my 60 days were up so they could tack on another 60 days. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

It's strange even after them sending me a letter telling me they needed more information, my status on the website never changed from processing application.
Broncrider

kirock7

Post by kirock7 »

kirock7 wrote:
Broncrider wrote: Am I the last one left in the November section?
Nope... I'm still waiting (impatiently) :banghead:

Ft. Bend County -
Applied Online: 11/11/08
Received DPS Packet: 11/17/08
CHL Class (passed): 11/23/08
Completed DPS Packet mailed: 11/24/08
"Processing Application": 12/13
Wow! Just got a call from Melinda at DPS (very nice lady) and she said that all they were waiting on was Harris County's BGC to be completed... and she said that she had requested that they expedite mine (see why I like her? ;-) )
Now I'm probably going to be checking even MORE often than I have been. Ha! "rlol"

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

Melinda was who I spoke with as well. It seems she is really interested in doing a good job for folks. Now that she is on your case I bet it won't take long at all.
Broncrider

Derekhie

Post by Derekhie »

Well, I'm not sure what too do. Do I write to my Senator or someone of influence or not? I'm not sure if I really have the right too. Technically, DPS can start the process over again if there was any problem with what was submitted to them. :???:

kirock7

Post by kirock7 »

Derekhie wrote:Well, I'm not sure what too do. Do I write to my Senator or someone of influence or not? I'm not sure if I really have the right too. Technically, DPS can start the process over again if there was any problem with what was submitted to them. :???:
I've had good luck emailing DPS and asking the status of my application (you need to provide your full name and drivers license #).
Have you done that recently? chl@txdps.state.tx.us

Derekhie

Post by Derekhie »

kirock7 wrote:
Derekhie wrote:Well, I'm not sure what too do. Do I write to my Senator or someone of influence or not? I'm not sure if I really have the right too. Technically, DPS can start the process over again if there was any problem with what was submitted to them. :???:
I've had good luck emailing DPS and asking the status of my application (you need to provide your full name and drivers license #).
Have you done that recently? chl@txdps.state.tx.us
I just sent one off to DPS. Thanks... :thumbs2:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”