Galveston County

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Galveston County

Post by Tireshred »

You said it, living in this area has many advantages and disadvantages, but this is one I would never have thought of.

I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to check DPS once in the morning, I can only take so much disappointment.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Tireshred wrote:You said it, living in this area has many advantages and disadvantages, but this is one I would never have thought of.

I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to check DPS once in the morning, I can only take so much disappointment.
I keep trying not to check it but my fingers do it anyway...

Has the DPS actually contacted you or just the Reps office?
"Anyone who thinks that a gun has a personality that makes it apt for evil should admit the fact that he is not making sense, and therefore should stay out of adult discussions."
-Col. Jeff Cooper

:txflag:

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

Both DPS and the Rep contacted me, the DPS lady was very nice but once she saw I was barely past the 60 day limit, her concern "seemed" less to me, could've been a perception thing on my part though, but I doubt it.

No change today, still processing.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Ken73
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ken73 »

I got a call from my Rep (Larry Taylor) yesterday - he said he'd have mine and my wife's expedited, and took our SS#'s to make sure it happens. Haven't heard a peep from the DPS, but then again this was just yesterday afternoon when he called. While I don't have a lot of faith in the system, I DO have a lot of faith in Mr. Taylor - he specifically said "you DO realize you CAN carry in your car without a permit, right?" :coolgleamA: That tells me he's definitely pro-gun (which I already knew) but I didn't have time to talk to him about open carry and how the laws are written anyway. (I had a conference call in 10 minutes, so I didn't get a chance to really talk to him.)

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

That's very cool, Rep Taylor seems very pro CHL, my senator has yet to contact me.

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Does anyone know which DPS office the BG checkers are at in Galveston and Harris county? I would be glad to send a really nice lunch over there (with my app number on each bag) to grease the wheels "rlol"
"Anyone who thinks that a gun has a personality that makes it apt for evil should admit the fact that he is not making sense, and therefore should stay out of adult discussions."
-Col. Jeff Cooper

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

Hey that1otherdude, if I knew I'd send over some too! :lol::

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Tireshred wrote:Hey that1otherdude, if I knew I'd send over some too! :lol::
A friend here at work (in Harris County) took his class 3 days before I did and got his plastic last week... The only difference is that he lives and works in Harris and I live in Galveston and work in Harris... I'm a little jealous...

I'm down to only checking 25-30 times a day though :willynilly:
-Col. Jeff Cooper

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

Same here, a friend and his son who both work and live in Harris did it all about a week before me and have had their licenses for a couple of weeks now. As I've said in previous postings, I carry where it's it's legal and allowed (work, truck, home), but taking it off to get fuel or to go to lunch gets old and considering where I work, would be the places I would likely need the protection. Very frustrating.

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Tireshred wrote:....but taking it off to get fuel or to go to lunch gets old and considering where I work, would be the places I would likely need the protection. Very frustrating.
That is EXACTLY what I have been thinking to myself... I work in a bad part of town and don't like the idea of stopping at 0400 to get gas (if I was a bonehead and forgot to fill up the night before) unarmed outside of the car.
-Col. Jeff Cooper

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

There is hope I just checked now (only 1 time today) and a beautiful thing appeared on my screen "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"...
-Col. Jeff Cooper

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

Why you lucky booger, I'm so jealous I'm as green as Olive Drab. Congrats that1otherdude! There is hope...

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

Hey that1otherdude, mine was just approved too! Friendswood and League City just got a bit safer...

Ken73
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ken73 »

They must've done something - ours were approved on Monday 2/16, still waiting for plastic but we're out of town at the moment and won't be back until tomorrow night. Had someone check our mail last night and nothing, so hopefully it'll show up by the time we get home tomorrow night. Then again, the idiots that deliver our mail haven't even been able to do that lately. :???:

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Tireshred wrote:Hey that1otherdude, mine was just approved too! Friendswood and League City just got a bit safer...
You Lucky dog... I didn't get it yesterday but hope it will come in today's mail...
-Col. Jeff Cooper

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”