September Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TxDrifter
Posts in topic: 21

Re: September Applications

Post by TxDrifter »

I'm at the point that I'm going to mail a letter requesting my hearing since they are well beyond the date that constitutes denial without a letter notifying of them needing more time.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

Totally Frustrated
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Totally Frustrated »

TxDrifter wrote:I'm at the point that I'm going to mail a letter requesting my hearing since they are well beyond the date that constitutes denial without a letter notifying of them needing more time.
yeah, if I thought that would do any good I would as well. I quit! they have officially driven any want of it from me. I wish I could get my $140 App fee and $95 class money back. I'm going to tell my family that if anything happens to me where I was not able to defend myself, to sue the state for illegally denying me of that ability.

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

Now that would be interesting.

I called today and spoke with someone named Erica. She said they are still waiting on background checks, but did say they are starting to receive them on a daily basis from the Harris County and surrounding areas.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member

lipper03
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lipper03 »

Checked status today, application completed, license issued. I'll be waiting for the mail.

I sent in my application after online registration in middle September 2008, Brazoria County.

S&Wfanatic

Post by S&Wfanatic »

I too sent my app in during September and I have yet to hear anything. All it says on the CHL webpage is "Processing Application". At last count it was 115 days since I sent the app in. I sent an email to the contact email address on the CHL webpage last week and have not recieved a reply. I dont know why its taking so long as I live in San Augustine County. I have lived here for over 20 years so the background check shouldnt have been that difficult. So the wait continues. Cheers.
9/30/08 - App received by DPS
10/16/08 - Receieved PIN - Processing App
1/23/09 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
1/29/09 - Plastic in hand

S&Wfanatic

Post by S&Wfanatic »

Well, just checked the CHL status site and saw the wonderful, long awaited words, "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active". 118 days waiting has now come to an end. So I must stand up and offer my chair here in the waiting room to another deserving soul. I bid you all ado.

:tiphat: :woohoo :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :thewave :thewave
9/30/08 - App received by DPS
10/16/08 - Receieved PIN - Processing App
1/23/09 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
1/29/09 - Plastic in hand

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

I had to check twice, and on a Sunday night no less. I logged in to check my status and lo and behold, what do I find?

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

:thewave

Hopefully the mail won't take that long.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member

Totally Frustrated

Post by Totally Frustrated »

TxDrifter wrote:I had to check twice, and on a Sunday night no less. I logged in to check my status and lo and behold, what do I find?

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

:thewave

Hopefully the mail won't take that long.

Lucky son of a gun. No such luck for me. I'm going for the record.

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

Believe me, I know. Look around and we are still on the short list. There are some out there that are still waiting and it has nearly been a year. I have not seen any longer than that yet, but I'm sure there are some.

Hopefully you are not far behind.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member

ccabb0tt07
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ccabb0tt07 »

Finally!

It was waiting on my door step. I guess the driver didn't care if I wasn't there to sign for it. :cheers2:

126 Days
9/22 Sent Packet
10/1 Received PIN
1/7 Contacted Senator
1/12 Contacted by DPS
1/24 Issued
1/27 In Hand

slickchick
Posts in topic: 1

Post by slickchick »

:anamatedbanana Yeah!!!! Finally got my plastic as well. Never thought the day would come. :waiting: Well I at least thought that for 145 days. Its amazing the sole searching and patience that is needed to get through this process :confused5 . Not to belittle the enormity of getting the license but my anticipation has built up so much for so long that I feel the card should be the size of a road side billboard. Seems like it should be so much more. :???: Just a little bit of a let down. Well.... Not really, I'm super happy I got it :hurry: . I can finally move on to stressing over something else now :banghead: .

For those still waiting, keep the faith. I didn't go crazy, well at least any crazier than normal. I know its easy for me to say now, but keep a smile on your face and think of how happy you will be the day you get it.

Jessie
Sep 6th - CHL Class
Sep 8th - Mailed to DPS
Sep 11th - DPS received Packet
Sep 15th - Deposited Check
Oct 28th - Received Pin after emailing DPS
Jan 26th - Online status "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
Jan 29th - Plastic in Hand (145 Days Class to Plastic)

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

149 days here as well. I just opened it in the mail. :woohoo

If you use the October 1st date they had for the "Processing Application" message, 122 days. They have Sept 4 though according to someone I spoke to on the phone as the start date. Just glad to finally have it and I hope everyone's get completed within a reasonable time. I have to run errands this afternoon anyway, so I will get to take my carry with me finally. Not sure about pictures of a Wally Walk though. One place I will have to remove it since I have to go to the County office for my vehicle registration.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member

SkinnyB78
Posts in topic: 12

Post by SkinnyB78 »

congrats ccabb0tt07, slickchick, and txdrifter. Now on to your wally walk? :cheers2:
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

subsea

Post by subsea »

subsea wrote:.
Passed course on 09/20
Mailed app on 09/22
Packet Received by DPS on 09/24/08
Nothing as of 11/24
RECEIVED PLASTIC: 02/20/09
I'm still pinching myself to ensure that this is real! They sent my wife's and my license via UPS Overnight air. I just got them from UPS at 10:20 AM this morning. Un-believable! :woohoo

For all those still waiting, keep the faith as it will come. The only thing I can say about the whole thing, just make sure your paperwork is in order. Ours was and it still took 5 months. I was told by DPS that they had (up until about a month and a half ago) one trooper processing the background checks for all of Harris County. This may be old news to everyone but that just blows my mind. Apparently they have added more staff since IKE which was the excuse for the delays in processing (so I was told).

SkinnyB78
Posts in topic: 12

Post by SkinnyB78 »

:thewave CONGRATS Subsea!!!

Welcome to the 'plastic in hand' crowd.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”