October Application

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

iredwing
Posts in topic: 4

Re: October Application

Post by iredwing »

Just FYI, when I spoke with the lady at DPS CHL, she indicated that they have had a very LARGE influx of CHL applications and that things were taking longer than normal. She also indicated that a mass mailing occurred on Friday, so hopefully there are a whole lot more licenses on the way.
John
10/15/08 Mailed Certified Application to DPS
10/17/08 DPS Signed For Application
11/17/08 PIN Recieved by mail
11/17/08 Status of "Processing Application"
01/23/09 License is in the mail according to DPS

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

Exact same thing here. I was very pleasantly surprised. (more like extremely difficult to not do a happy dance) :woohoo Congrats
badlnb wrote:Well, Here it is, Sunday January 25. For the Kicks and giggles of it I went to check the DPS Web page to check the status of my application. Low and behold my status has changed from Processing application to:

Application complete - issuing license....

Oh happy day!

Well Bridge, how about you? did yours get complete too?
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

Stormwatcher
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Stormwatcher »

Ken73 wrote:Stormwatcher - where are you located? Our applications went to "processing" on the same day as yours. (Oct. 31st) Hoping maybe ours will be approved soon!
I live just North of Houston in a community called Kingwood......I live in Harris County.
CHL Class Taken Oct. 8, 2008
Application Mailed Oct. 9, 2008
Application Rec'd by State Oct. 14, 2008
Rec'd PIN Oct. 31, 2008
Application Completed Jan 26, 2009
Plastic in Hand Jan 30, 2009 (108 days)

bridge
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bridge »

Checked at 0630 this morning and was surprised to see:

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

:chldancing

Today is day 96. Shouldn't take more than a day or two for it to get here from Austin.
BTW, I live in Galveston Co. and work in Harris Co. So Austin was waiting on background checks from BOTH counties.

Ken73
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ken73 »

Well hell, my wife and I are still waiting. I'm hoping it'll be any day now. Ours went "processing" on the 31st of October, but we both have been in Galveston and Harris counties in the last 5 years.

Stormwatcher, thanks. I'm just triyng to gauge if people in our situation are seeing any faster times. I'm pulling my hair out here.

When does the "60 days" officially start anyway? Once they start processing, or once they receive the application?

Derekhie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Derekhie »

Ken73 wrote: When does the "60 days" officially start anyway? Once they start processing, or once they receive the application?
I was told by DPS that the 60 days starts once the status goes to processing but who really knows.

badlnb
Posts in topic: 12

Post by badlnb »

I told you it wouldn't be long Bridge! Congratulations.

I don't know whats worse; Waiting for the background check and the application to be complete or waiting for the plastic to arrive.
10/24/08 Application Received
11/14/08 Processing Application
1/21/09 (90 days) Called TDPS "Waiting on Harris county B/G Check. Emailed my State Reps.
1/25/09 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
1/29/09 PLASTIC IN HAND
Total time = 98 days.

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

Are they sending all of these via FedEx now? Just curious as my mail comes by between 11 and 1230. FedEx won't show until around 2:30 or after.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member

Totally Frustrated
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Totally Frustrated »

TxDrifter wrote:Are they sending all of these via FedEx now? Just curious as my mail comes by between 11 and 1230. FedEx won't show until around 2:30 or after.
Now you're just rubbing in the fact that your plastic is on the way.

I called DPS Yesterday and went through the same routine, IKE Blah Blah Blah, the girl did say she would have someone from Harris County contact me, and I can't beleive it, but someone did today. Couldn't give any more info than the first girl, but stated it should be within a week ,and they will call me when plastic is being shipped. now if I had held my breathe after the Governors office responded i would clearly be dead now. so I am just going to wait some more. I do need to change my sign in name from Totally Frustrated to Extremely upset

bridge
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bridge »

badlnb wrote:I told you it wouldn't be long Bridge! Congratulations.

I don't know whats worse; Waiting for the background check and the application to be complete or waiting for the plastic to arrive.
badlnb, did yours show up in the mail yet? I was hoping to find mine in the mailbox today, but nothin yet.

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

No, not trying to rub it in. Just wondering because I live in a rural area and getting anything delivered here is a pain. The USPS can leave it in the mailbox. If FedEx comes and needs a signature, they might honk at the gate and I will never hear them and miss it. I did put in due time though since DPS gave me Sept 4th on the phone as the day they started processing. I apologize if it seemed as if I was rubbing it in, just wanted to be prepared for the circumstances they deliver it was all.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member

Carrots

Post by Carrots »

I sincerely doubt that they would use any courier service in anything other than exceptional circumstances, and I doubt that sending out a "regular" licence in a "regular" timeframe qualifies.

badlnb

Post by badlnb »

bridge wrote:
badlnb wrote:I told you it wouldn't be long Bridge! Congratulations.

badlnb, did yours show up in the mail yet? I was hoping to find mine in the mailbox today, but nothin yet.
No Bridge, not yet. I am not sure if the license is even printed yet or what. I am hoping it will arrive soon. Maybe I should call or email to appease my curiosity. Like I said, I think waiting for the plastic to arrive is worse than waiting on the background check to be completed. I will post here when it comes in.
Today I decided I will clean my carry weapon and have it all ready to go. Plus I need to clean all of my firearms anyway, It will keep me busy while I wait for the mail to come.
1/21/09 (90 days) Called TDPS "Waiting on Harris county B/G Check. Emailed my State Reps.
1/29/09 PLASTIC IN HAND
Total time = 98 days.

Totally Frustrated
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Totally Frustrated »

TxDrifter wrote:No, not trying to rub it in. Just wondering because I live in a rural area and getting anything delivered here is a pain. The USPS can leave it in the mailbox. If FedEx comes and needs a signature, they might honk at the gate and I will never hear them and miss it. I did put in due time though since DPS gave me Sept 4th on the phone as the day they started processing. I apologize if it seemed as if I was rubbing it in, just wanted to be prepared for the circumstances they deliver it was all.
just razzin' ya al little bit TXDrifter. bein' a smart alec is allowing me to keep my sanity while waiting for this rediculous process to be over.

badlnb

Post by badlnb »

WOOOHOOO!!!

I was cleaning my rifle and herd the sound of the mailman at my mail box. checked the mail and....

PLASTIC IN HAND.
1/29/09 PLASTIC IN HAND
Total time = 98 days.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”