Galveston County

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
that1otherdude
Posts in topic: 13

Galveston County

Post by that1otherdude »

Does anyone have any guesses on time frames for Galveston County background checks? I'm trying to figure if we were affected by Ike as much as Harris? :txflag:

Thanks
"Anyone who thinks that a gun has a personality that makes it apt for evil should admit the fact that he is not making sense, and therefore should stay out of adult discussions."
-Col. Jeff Cooper

:txflag:

Totally Frustrated
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Galveston County

Post by Totally Frustrated »

that1otherdude wrote:Does anyone have any guesses on time frames for Galveston County background checks? I'm trying to figure if we were affected by Ike as much as Harris? :txflag:

Thanks
Supposedly, the one Trooper doing the backgound checks for Harris County, was sent to Galveston for a month after the hurricane. depends on the number of applicants from Galveston County and the duties that Trooper was assigned to and for what length of time. or so I would think. it still amazes me how Harris county applicants who applied months after me are getting there plastic before me. I'm at 140 days today.

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Thanks[/quote]
Supposedly, the one Trooper doing the backgound checks for Harris County, was sent to Galveston for a month after the hurricane. depends on the number of applicants from Galveston County and the duties that Trooper was assigned to and for what length of time. or so I would think. it still amazes me how Harris county applicants who applied months after me are getting there plastic before me. I'm at 140 days today.[/quote]

Have you tried contacting your State Rep yet? I have seen some other have some success by doing so.

"Anyone who thinks that a gun has a personality that makes it apt for evil should admit the fact that he is not making sense, and therefore should stay out of adult discussions."
-Col. Jeff Cooper

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

My wife's application had to go through Galveston and Harris. It was Harris that was the bottleneck according to our rep.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

Totally Frustrated
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Totally Frustrated »

that1otherdude wrote:Thanks
Supposedly, the one Trooper doing the backgound checks for Harris County, was sent to Galveston for a month after the hurricane. depends on the number of applicants from Galveston County and the duties that Trooper was assigned to and for what length of time. or so I would think. it still amazes me how Harris county applicants who applied months after me are getting there plastic before me. I'm at 140 days today.[/quote]

Have you tried contacting your State Rep yet? I have seen some other have some success by doing so.

:txflag:[/quote]
I've written everyone but the President. Don't think that would help.

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Totally Frustrated wrote: :txflag:
I've written everyone but the President. Don't think that would help.[/quote]

I think it might have worked a couple weeks ago :)
-Col. Jeff Cooper

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

I wish I knew since I'm a fellow Galveston County resident. But from what I've read they do a BC in every county listed on your ap and since I work in Harris, it's probably going to be a sloooooowwwwww process. But that doesn't stop me from checking 4-8 times a day. :grumble

that1otherdude wrote:Does anyone have any guesses on time frames for Galveston County background checks? I'm trying to figure if we were affected by Ike as much as Harris? :txflag:

Thanks
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

bat1

Post by bat1 »

Tireshred wrote:I wish I knew since I'm a fellow Galveston County resident. But from what I've read they do a BC in every county listed on your ap and since I work in Harris, it's probably going to be a sloooooowwwwww process. But that doesn't stop me from checking 4-8 times a day. :grumble

Thanks
:eek6 Hummmm 4-8 times a day, ok I guess I will have to kick up my checking, I was doing 3-6 times a day...

I better take that up a notch :iagree: I also live in Galveston county..

Class Taken: 12/06/08
Mailed 12/08/08
Received at DPS Office: 12/09/08
Received PIN 12/19/08
Plastic Arrived -/-/-
Galveston County

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Tireshred wrote:I wish I knew since I'm a fellow Galveston County resident. But from what I've read they do a BC in every county listed on your ap and since I work in Harris, it's probably going to be a sloooooowwwwww process. But that doesn't stop me from checking 4-8 times a day. :grumble

Thanks

Oh man?!? I am in the same situation... Dang it... I didn't realize that they also check where you work?!?! Since I work in Harris, this is bad.... I called today and was told that they are only waiting on the "other" county background check for me since Galveston is done....

Oh well, maybe it'll be my Christmas present to myself this year....
:banghead:
-Col. Jeff Cooper

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

You're about a week ahead of me, it'll be interesting to see when you get yours since we have identical home/work situations.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

wildwind123

Post by wildwind123 »

I took my CHL class in Galvanston on 11-17 also and just received notice that it is completed on 2-2-09. I live in Harris county.

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

Wow, good to know mine may be close. And welcome to the forum.

wildwind123 wrote:I took my CHL class in Galvanston on 11-17 also and just received notice that it is completed on 2-2-09. I live in Harris county.

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

wildwind123 wrote:I took my CHL class in Galvanston on 11-17 also and just received notice that it is completed on 2-2-09. I live in Harris county.

That's awesome! Glad to hear it... 'hope mine is coming soon!
-Col. Jeff Cooper

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

DPS called and said mine is waiting on Galveston County BC, they had no idea when they would get it. I'm not giving up. My State Rep Larry Taylor has been very helpful.

Topic author
that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Tireshred wrote:DPS called and said mine is waiting on Galveston County BC, they had no idea when they would get it. I'm not giving up. My State Rep Larry Taylor has been very helpful.

That's awesome! I received a call from Wes in Rep. Taylor's office and he has been really helpful... It is sad that the DPS is bungling this in our are so badly. Rep. Taylor is actually an advocate trying to get us all some help..
-Col. Jeff Cooper

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”