I may have found my CCW.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I may have found my CCW.

Post by Chemist45 »

I haven't shot the compact but I own the full size 9mm and .45 and both are great.
(Alright, fine. The wife owns the 9mm. But she lets me shoot it!)

I've shot the M&P side by side with the XD and liked the M&P better.
So did the guy who owned the XD, but that's another story.
The M&P fits my hand better and manages recoil very well. We also thought it was more accurate, but that was subjective.

Topic author
NTexas_V-Star
Posts in topic: 8

Post by NTexas_V-Star »

Emmett wrote:I carry the M&P 9c, it is an easy pistol to conseal and very comfortable to carry. And on top of that,it is an accurate gun. I have put over 600 rounds through mine and have not had a single problem with it.

Good Luck in your Choice,
Emmett

I just ordered mine...well, got my local FFL looking for one for me. More than likely I'll have it by next week sometime.

Glad to see this particular post, it reaffirms my thoughts on this gun. I'm pretty happy right now :biggrinjester:....Getting my .270 Mossberg Model 100 out of layaway today, and I should have my carry gun sometime next week, just in time to start carrying around the house. Lol. Hopefully that'll help me get used to the feel of carrying.

Thank ya Emmett. :thumbs2:
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War..."

CHL course Taken: January 24th, 2009
Application Mailed: January 31st, 2009
PIN recieved : March 4th, 2009
Certificate Active: April 18, 2009 (Day 77)
Plastic In Hand : April 20th, 2009 (Day 79)

Topic author
NTexas_V-Star

Post by NTexas_V-Star »

Chemist45 wrote:I haven't shot the compact but I own the full size 9mm and .45 and both are great.
(Alright, fine. The wife owns the 9mm. But she lets me shoot it!)

I've shot the M&P side by side with the XD and liked the M&P better.
So did the guy who owned the XD, but that's another story.
The M&P fits my hand better and manages recoil very well. We also thought it was more accurate, but that was subjective.

I'm keeping my XD .45 Tactical model, for HD...and also, it was my first handgun....can't get rid of that.

But, i'm glad that you have feedback of that caliber on the M&P. I appreciate it.

Thanks Chemist.

Emmett
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Emmett »

NTexas_V-Star wrote:
Emmett wrote:I carry the M&P 9c, it is an easy pistol to conseal and very comfortable to carry. And on top of that,it is an accurate gun. I have put over 600 rounds through mine and have not had a single problem with it.

Good Luck in your Choice,
Emmett

I just ordered mine...well, got my local FFL looking for one for me. More than likely I'll have it by next week sometime.

Glad to see this particular post, it reaffirms my thoughts on this gun. I'm pretty happy right now :biggrinjester:....Getting my .270 Mossberg Model 100 out of layaway today, and I should have my carry gun sometime next week, just in time to start carrying around the house. Lol. Hopefully that'll help me get used to the feel of carrying.

Thank ya Emmett. :thumbs2:
NTexas_V-Star,
You are quite welcome. I am glad I was able to help. I think you will be very pleased with your choice.

Emmett
Psalm 121
STI Spartan 45ACP
Smith & Wesson MP 9c
Ruger LCP .380
Image82nd Airborne Division 3/504 PIR CSC (Recon) Image

Bluedot 40
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bluedot 40 »

Hi NTexas,
I own an XD 40 and an M&P 40.
I carry the XD because I feel comfortable with carrying chambered with the grip safety.
I actually like the M&P more. It feels more comfortable in my hand. It just feels right!!
I cannot tell any difference at the range. I consistently shoot about the same with either weapon.
The M&P is a great gun.....my wife carries an M&P 40 Sub Compact. It conceals very well. It has a 10 round clip, with a small extension on the end of the magazine that helps hold your pinky finger. It comes factory with 2 magazines....one with the extension and one without.
In my opinion,you would not go wrong with an M&P!!!!
Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman
explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Topic author
NTexas_V-Star

Post by NTexas_V-Star »

Thank you Bluedot 40

Thats very encouraging to read. Muchly appreciated.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Check today's FIREARMS postings on this forum. It looks like what you're looking for is right down the road from you? :fire

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

NTexas_V-Star wrote:
XtremeDuty.45 wrote:I carry a XD.45 4" service model daily. I have no problem concealing it and with my belt the weight is NEVER a problem. I use a Minotaur M-TAC holster and I can have my shirts tucked or untucked depending on where I am going. I use a 5.11 Operator belt. Like I said the weight is never a problem with this combo. Also I do not wear big or baggy clothes a lot. 99% of the time is regular jeans with my Durango boots and either a flannel or a t-shirt.

I'm guessing that belt is pretty sturdy then? I wonder if the 5" would be any different, as far as comfort and concealability.
I cannot comment on the 5" but you are right this belt is extremely sturdy. I wear it everyday. The only time that its not worn is when my wife and I go two-stepping at which time I cannot carry anyway...51%

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”