Sportsman Outlet - Humble

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Drvajeep
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sportsman Outlet - Humble

Post by Drvajeep »

When is this place going to open, i have a new ar-15 that has one round through the chamber, and i have had it a year and a half

FAAPOD

Post by FAAPOD »

Drvajeep wrote:When is this place going to open, i have a new ar-15 that has one round through the chamber, and i have had it a year and a half
Why don't you just go to Carter's over on Treaschwig?
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Glen3107

Post by Glen3107 »

Went by and talked with Don last week, he said they were waiting on electrical power in the new building. Seems it took a long time to get the city permits. He said they are eager to get the buildout completed and to open for business again. He also said they were currently holding scheduled CHL classes.
Like everyone else, I'm ready for them to open. I really enjoyed going there regularly before the fire and miss the great group of people that work there.
By the way, he said they will have annual memberships as before.
"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard, against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible." HUBERT H. HUMPHREY (22 October 1959)
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Ag87
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ag87 »

I wish I had known they were doing the CHL classes again. I already enrolled in another class for my renewal. At least some good news on opening soon. I better stock up on ammo for the re-opening.

platipus_
Posts in topic: 7

Post by platipus_ »

Please anyone post news if we get a date for the "official" re-opening (or even an un-official one). I have been ready for several months to do my part to support the economy and Gary!

Lodge2004
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lodge2004 »

Anybody know if the IDPA group that used to shoot there is still around? I believe they were called "Sportsman's Tactical Shooters." I'd love to find a Saturday or Sunday group in this area.

platipus_

Post by platipus_ »

Their website says they moved up to Thunder Gun Range in Conroe pending the re-opening of Sportsman's. Given that they have been up there for almost 2 years now, I wouldn't be sure of what will happen. I would imagine they have built a base membership who enjoy their proximity to the new location. Hopefully the original members decide to bring it or a new chapter back to Humble.

platipus_

Post by platipus_ »

Anyone heard any news or seen anything that looks like they might be closer to opening?

Topic author
Ag87
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ag87 »

I did see lights on one night and looked like they were hauling in some furniture or display cases. But nothing in the last couple of weeks. I keep hoping they will get their sign put back up so they could post when they are opening.

Cslacko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cslacko »

I went over there last weekend and they had a sign on the door for CHL classes. Not open to the public yet.

IAHGUN

Post by IAHGUN »

there's a sign saying that they will re open soon .... I hope so!

Lodge2004
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lodge2004 »

They reopened the front of the range this weekend and are having a "pre-opening" sale on merchandise. According to the guys inside the shooting bays will open to the public in about another month.

There is now a second level that looks like it has a classroom, a few offices and a sitting area with tables. The retail space is similar to before but with more space and new display cases. They are still working on the area between the retail space and the entry to the ranges. Overall it looks really nice.

Cslacko

Post by Cslacko »

I went in there today and it looks really nice!!
I asked the guy when the range will be open and the answer was 3-4 weeks, so by September 1st 2009 they should be open!!
I'm looking forward to some indoor IDPA there.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”