Taurus P92 and Bersa Thunder 380

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
sfagrad2003
Posts in topic: 2

Taurus P92 and Bersa Thunder 380

Post by sfagrad2003 »

New to forum and fairly new to handguns.

Purchased Bersa 380 for wife, and P92 for myself last week after researching for a month.

We really love both. Both shoot very smoothly and accurately.

Bersa shot well with very cheap (wolf ammo). Taurus shot vert well, but I did have jamming problem trying to load hollow points (which I had read was an issue prior to buying).

Question for a veteran shooter. What is the easiest way to clean these after 100-200 rounds at the range?

Thanks.

MrsFosforos
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Taurus P92 and Bersa Thunder 380

Post by MrsFosforos »

BersaChapterHouse has one of the best fieldstripping guides I've seen for the Bersa. The main thing to remember about it is, to make sure you put the recoil spring in back the same way you took it out. There isn't a HUGE difference in the diameter, but the smaller end goes on the barrel. If you get it turned around you'll have problems with FTF and/or FTL.

kalipsocs
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kalipsocs »

I would not recommend using steel case in the Thunder. It marred the integrated alloy feed ramp on the Thunder CC I had and the shop in Colorado (Colorado Gun Works) decided not to honor the lifetime warranty on my gun even though it met the parameters of the Bersa's warranty. The again, the owner is completely disrespectful and condescending, and I will never be doing business with Bersa again due to the poor treatment I received from this shop. The firearm was solid, the warranty was not. If you do need warranty work, I would not ship to them.

Topic author
sfagrad2003
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sfagrad2003 »

Thanks for feedback. Bersa cleaning was very simple, and you were spot on with the spring. I had to double check after I read your post, then noticed I had put it in backwards. thanks.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”