The cuppards are bare

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
vickark
Posts in topic: 2

The cuppards are bare

Post by vickark »

Went to wally world to pick up a few things today and thought i'd go by the ammo section (imagine that). I was going to pick up a 250 round pack of umc 9mm and .40.
What a shock- there was one lonely box of .32 auto. I thought i was in a grocery store in Moscow !
I had read an earlier post about Cabellas being out ,but it really got me to thinking when i saw it for myself.
I was going to go to the range but after seeing that i think i'll hang on to the ammo i have on hand.
When is it going to end? :fire Shoot 'em if ya' got 'em !

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Re: The cuppards are bare

Post by Oldgringo »

There must be 4-500 Walmarts in Texas. Are all of 'em out of 9mm and .45 acp?

Topic author
vickark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by vickark »

I hope not. I'm going to check around friday and see. Also need to check academy.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

I reload everything so dont know about the ammo here but Wife said tonight at supper that the grocery shelves were not much better at ours here in Lufkin. At present there is nothing in the garden section that is fenced.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Tote 9

Post by Tote 9 »

Wal-Mart on State Line in Texarkana was Out of 9mm. & 45 ammo.
Said they were going to get some in. Winchester 45 target was
$29.95 for 100. 9mm. target was $19.95 for 100.
Glad I Bought 1000 rds. after the election. :roll:

By the way, HI everyone. I read the forum every night, just haven't
been posting or replying. Learning a lot though as I always have.
Don't Lose Your Head , Your Brains Are In It !!
At my age the only thing thats getting better is my FORGETTER.

blacktop

Post by blacktop »

I spoke to the WM department manager today while he was ringing up my 300 rounds of .380 and he said that he orders and orders and orders but the warehouse just doesn't have anything to send. Says that 9mm is impossible to get. Luckily, they have 6 more boxes of .380 there for me to snatch up with my next paycheck. Gotta keep that LCP fed!
AJ
Cypress, TX

Mailed packet - Aug. 11
Check cashed- Aug. 21st
E-mailed Rep. Callegari, Sen. Dan Patrick, & Gov. Perry - Dec 30
Rec'd canned e-mail letter from Gov. Perry - Dec 31
DPS Website: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - Jan. 7, 2009
Mailman delivered Jan. 10.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

blacktop wrote:I spoke to the WM department manager today while he was ringing up my 300 rounds of .380 and he said that he orders and orders and orders but the warehouse just doesn't have anything to send. Says that 9mm is impossible to get. Luckily, they have 6 more boxes of .380 there for me to snatch up with my next paycheck. Gotta keep that LCP fed!
I wonder why Academy always seems to have plenty.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

kitty

Post by kitty »

The Wal-Mart on 820 and Rufe Snow in Fort Worth, had plenty of .9mm and .40, but I bought the last box of 50 in .45. The clerk told me that he's having no problem keeping the .9mm and .40 in stock, it's the .45's that he's having trouble with.

BTW, I paid $12.47 for each box of 50 in the .40, and $14.97 for the box of .45's in Blazer Brass brand. The .9mm was $10.97 for a box of 50 Winchester brand. I guess it just depends on which Wal-Mart you go to. Image

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Was at the Plano Wal-Mart at 75 & Spring Creek today and they must have just gotten a new shipment of .45, .40, .380 and 9mm in; had it stacked in the rifle/shotgun section as well as the ammo area.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Keith B wrote:Was at the Plano Wal-Mart at 75 & Spring Creek today and they must have just gotten a new shipment of .45, .40, .380 and 9mm in; had it stacked in the rifle/shotgun section as well as the ammo area.
That is a good thing. :clapping:

Commander

Post by Commander »

What's going on with the 9mm ammo? Walmart in Rockwall is sold out except for 3 lonely boxes of WWB 50 count...I noticed that a lot of other ammo is gone as well. I've checked some of the on-line ammo sellers and they are mostly out of 9mm as well....
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Commander wrote:What's going on with the 9mm ammo? Walmart in Rockwall is sold out except for 3 lonely boxes of WWB 50 count...I noticed that a lot of other ammo is gone as well. I've checked some of the on-line ammo sellers and they are mostly out of 9mm as well....
Same was true (+/-) for the Walmart in Jacksonville today. The associate that mans this station said he didn't know when their orders would be fulfilled. He is an older gun owning Republican; ergo, I believe him.

cowboymd

Post by cowboymd »

It's a little farther North than ya'll, but the Denison WalMart had plenty of .40's and .45's this morning. (even some JHP's) But no 9mm's that I could see. Also according to the clerk, the way it's been going, they may all be gone by tonight. Not that we haven't already noticed that trend.
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

Supercat

Post by Supercat »

I used my Tax stimulus check to by my Dillon Square deal and enough Bullets, primers and powder to make 6000 of my own. Already have the brass so it works out great.

I suspect if Obama does another stimulus I will just get more shooting items, makes me feel good to use it in that way.

Hey and what a chore, having fun making bullets for my favourite pastime :fire
Big round, Little round, Having one is what counts!!!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”