November '08 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

gomowdude
Posts in topic: 11

Re: November '08 Applications

Post by gomowdude »

Broncrider wrote:Well,
with all of you guys getting good news I hope it ain't long before they finish mine.
:iagree: Boncrider, I hope this is our week. Should be seeing as how we are about 7-10 days behind everyone else who got theirs last week. I hope it comes before friday, otherwise it will make me all anxious right before the weekend, and thats not the way to end a week!
Gomowdude
Tarrant County
11/18 Class-on target firearms
11/19 Application mailed
11/21 Application received in Austin
12/16 PIN received in mail
1/14 License issued or certificate active
1/16 Plastic in hand

Broncrider
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Broncrider »

Gomowdude,
I hope you are right. I know I haven't been waiting as long as some, but the wait is still killing me. :banghead:
Broncrider
"I'm your huckleberry"---Doc Holiday, Tombstone

.380ppks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by .380ppks »

My application was received by DPS on the 18th of Nov.. Pin letter received on the 8th of Dec.(dated 12/03). App. completed/license issued 1/08. Waiting on mail in Dallas Co.. RG

Topic author
Morgan
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Morgan »

that's odd... I'd have bet on you having it by the weekend, but if it's not here by Wednesday, I'd be surprised.

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

Is it just me or does the status on the dps website never seem to change on Monday or Tuesday? it seems like everytime someone post their status change its always later in the week.
Broncrider

gomowdude
Posts in topic: 11

Post by gomowdude »

Broncrider, Its not just you, only I can't figure out why its always the end of the week. Sure feels like we should be up this week, looks like we are some of the last from Nov of those here on the forum. Maybe both of our packets ended up on the bottom of a tall stack on the desk of someone who took an extended Christmas vacation or something..... well at least we are on the down hill side of the week, maybe thats good. For now still :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
Gomowdude
Tarrant County
11/18 Class-on target firearms
11/19 Application mailed
11/21 Application received in Austin
12/16 PIN received in mail
1/14 License issued or certificate active
1/16 Plastic in hand

Derekhie
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Derekhie »

gomowdude wrote:Sure feels like we should be up this week, looks like we are some of the last from Nov of those here on the forum.
I'm still here waiting right with ya'll. :totap:

kelley350x
Posts in topic: 4

Post by kelley350x »

Looks like austin did not forget about us.
i checked my status today and got the "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" as well. :thumbs2:

Now how much longer? I mailed it on November 8th and it seems like that was months ago...lol... My step father mailed his a week after i did and he called me friday to tell me that his was completed. i am just glad mine went through, i was starting to wonder if Jasper county Vs. newton Co made that big of a difference.

kimber909
Posts in topic: 10

Post by kimber909 »

I'm still here as well. I mailed mine off Nov. 19th. Maybe this is our week!

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

It would be nice if this was our week. All we can do is wait and see. I check the website about 10 times a day. Just hoping to see those magic words.
Broncrider

Topic author
Morgan
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Morgan »

You'll blink and rub your eyes when it happens... if you don't "see" what you've been seeing and do a double take because the words are different. LOL I imagine that's a small sliver of what winning the lottery would be like.

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

Knowing my luck when it changes it probably won't even register in my mind. I'll look at it and see the same thing as always. and then when it shows up in the mail i'll go back and check the website and then it might sink in.
Broncrider

.380ppks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by .380ppks »

Envelope from Regulatory Licensing Service, just arrived, with CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE inside. Looks like 57 days. RG :cheers2: :lol:: :txflag: :fire :thewave

fisher_of_man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by fisher_of_man »

.380ppks wrote:Envelope from Regulatory Licensing Service, just arrived, with CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE inside. Looks like 57 days. RG :cheers2: :lol:: :txflag: :fire :thewave
:anamatedbanana yeah...finally got mine too...seems like forever since I saw the "application complete status" last week. But finally....I'm legal :anamatedbanana

ETA: I'm sure you guys will get it this week...I know that doesn't make the wait any easier! :grumble :waiting:
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
Received 11/12/08
PIN Received 12/03/08
Application Completed 01/09/09
Plastic Arrived 01/14/09

fisher_of_man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by fisher_of_man »

of course...I'm not real sure what it was I was expecting....maybe some confetti to burst out of the envelope....or maybe a letter from Austin explaining to me that they appreciated my patience and money and congrats for joining the ever growing group of armed citizens...or maybe just a copy of the handgun law's and statutes with a note that said "don't screw this up" :nono: ....or even just a handwritten sticky note that said, "dude...you got your plastic...now, quit dinging our website all the time....give it a break"....but no....just the piece of plastic. Don't get me wrong...I'm extremely excited and happy to finally have it in hand....but I guess with all the buildup and hype I was at least wanting more in the envelope :mrgreen:
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
Received 11/12/08
PIN Received 12/03/08
Application Completed 01/09/09
Plastic Arrived 01/14/09

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”