November '08 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Broncrider
Posts in topic: 38

Re: November '08 Applications

Post by Broncrider »

Well,
with all of you guys getting good news I hope it ain't long before they finish mine.
Broncrider
"I'm your huckleberry"---Doc Holiday, Tombstone

Derekhie
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Derekhie »

Broncrider wrote:Well,
with all of you guys getting good news I hope it ain't long before they finish mine.
I'm with you. The wait is killing me but it seems like everybody is getting issued faster than I expected. I hope my turn comes soon but I did have one delay because my picture were too dark. I hope that doesn't delay me too much.

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

You had to send new pictures, and I haven't been asked for anything but it is still taking forever. :mad5
Maybe with you sending new pics right away it won't delay yours too much. But these guys are getting finished are right about the same time frame as you and I. Derekhie what county are you in?
Broncrider

Derekhie

Post by Derekhie »

Broncrider wrote:You had to send new pictures, and I haven't been asked for anything but it is still taking forever. :mad5
Maybe with you sending new pics right away it won't delay yours too much. But these guys are getting finished are right about the same time frame as you and I. Derekhie what county are you in?
I just got confirmation in the mail that Austin received my new picture on the 7th.

Hi Broncrider, I'm in Bexar county.

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

Derekhie wrote:
Broncrider wrote:You had to send new pictures, and I haven't been asked for anything but it is still taking forever. :mad5
I just got confirmation in the mail that Austin received my new picture on the 7th.

well Derekhie, maybe they'll speed your app right along. Maybe they just needed a better picture for the license and now that they have it your license will get made and sent very quickly.
Broncrider

Derekhie

Post by Derekhie »

Broncrider wrote:
Derekhie wrote:

well Derekhie, maybe they'll speed your app right along. Maybe they just needed a better picture for the license and now that they have it your license will get made and sent very quickly.
I hope your right.

Broncrider

Post by Broncrider »

I got excited yesterday when I got home. I checked the mail and there was an envelope from DPS, I felt it and no plastic so I was disappointed. when I opened it I figured out why there was no plastic. It turns out it was just a letter about my dl. I have a CDL with Haz mat endorsement, and they are informing me that now I have to submit a background check and fingerprints for the hazmat. (here we go again). I had my endorsement before the homeland security and TSA got involved.

Anyway I just got off the phone with the DL office and asked since DPS is in charge of CHL and DL if they could use my CHL fingerprints and background check. the answer was no we are a seperate department and you have to pay to have the fingerprints and background check done for your DL. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Broncrider

Derekhie

Post by Derekhie »

Broncrider wrote:I got excited yesterday when I got home. I checked the mail and there was an envelope from DPS, I felt it and no plastic so I was disappointed. when I opened it I figured out why there was no plastic. It turns out it was just a letter about my dl. I have a CDL with Haz mat endorsement, and they are informing me that now I have to submit a background check and fingerprints for the hazmat. (here we go again). I had my endorsement before the homeland security and TSA got involved.

Anyway I just got off the phone with the DL office and asked since DPS is in charge of CHL and DL if they could use my CHL fingerprints and background check. the answer was no we are a seperate department and you have to pay to have the fingerprints and background check done for your DL. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
That's crazy.

TxDrifter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TxDrifter »

No, not crazy. Typical. Separate divisions never seem to cooperate nor have coordinated systems. I found it amusing one time while in a patrol car for the Houston Officer to write up my report for my stolen truck and gave him my license plate using military phonetics. He said they don't use that one and he was laughed at until he used the Houston PD one. So if you are wondering why they have communication issues, that is a basic start. Even HAM operators use the same one as the military. It is a small thing, but the small things stack up to create bigger ones.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

TexasRedRock
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TexasRedRock »

11/08 CHL Class
11/10 Mailed Application
11/12 DPS Recieved Application 10:03 AM
12/08 PIN Received in Mail Box
01/06 Application Complete
01/09 Plastic Received!!!!!

Bell County

Well I just made it back from the big city capital, sure had a great time at Lake Travis. I took Ranch Road 2222 into RR 620 to get to the Villia, sure were alot of nice houses. Wife and I had a good time, our Battalion Chaplin is a real nice guy, he came to the BN while I was deployed. He had one of his preacher buddies with him, a retired SF / Army Ranger Col that is now a preacher. We had alot of nice food and it was just real nice to get away with the wife. I have my plastic and I will be hanging around to support the others.

fisher_of_man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by fisher_of_man »

Morgan wrote:I hope my NFL predictions are as accurate the rest of the season! :)
Morgan wrote:I bet you complete pretty soon, FOM. You've barely been processing for 1 month, and you had 2 sorta major holidays in that mix.... I predict you go to "complete" before the 20th.

So speaks the Swami. ;)
well good luck with that...mine haven't. I sure thought Tennessee and Carolina would have come out the winners today...in fact told several they would. :mrgreen:
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
Received 11/12/08
PIN Received 12/03/08
Application Completed 01/09/09
Plastic Arrived 01/14/09

fisher_of_man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by fisher_of_man »

TexasRedRock wrote:Well I just made it back from the big city capital, sure had a great time at Lake Travis. I took Ranch Road 2222 into RR 620 to get to the Villia, sure were alot of nice houses. Wife and I had a good time, our Battalion Chaplin is a real nice guy, he came to the BN while I was deployed. He had one of his preacher buddies with him, a retired SF / Army Ranger Col that is now a preacher. We had alot of nice food and it was just real nice to get away with the wife. I have my plastic and I will be hanging around to support the others.
glad to hear you guys had a great time. and nice to hear you already got the plastic...wow...three day turnaround ain't bad. I didn't want to get too hopeful on when the plastic would actually get here...but between you, Morgan and some others...seems like once you get the complete status it's just a matter of days.
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
Received 11/12/08
PIN Received 12/03/08
Application Completed 01/09/09
Plastic Arrived 01/14/09

Fangs
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Fangs »

Mine showed complete two days before Christmas, and was here the day after. 3 days with Christmas being one of them. :thumbs2:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Topic author
Morgan
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Morgan »

fisher_of_man wrote:
well good luck with that...mine haven't. I sure thought Tennessee and Carolina would have come out the winners today...in fact told several they would. :mrgreen:

I only really care about the Steelers. :) I don't care WHO they beat. :)

gomowdude
Posts in topic: 11

Post by gomowdude »

TexasRedRock wrote:
Bell County

Well I just made it back from the big city capital, sure had a great time at Lake Travis. I took Ranch Road 2222 into RR 620 to get to the Villia, sure were alot of nice houses. Wife and I had a good time, our Battalion Chaplin is a real nice guy, he came to the BN while I was deployed. He had one of his preacher buddies with him, a retired SF / Army Ranger Col that is now a preacher. We had alot of nice food and it was just real nice to get away with the wife. I have my plastic and I will be hanging around to support the others.
Congrats on the plastic! Glad to hear that you had a good weekend, and thanks for hangin around to keep the moral up until we get plastic issued as well!
Gomowdude
Tarrant County
11/18 Class-on target firearms
11/19 Application mailed
11/21 Application received in Austin
12/16 PIN received in mail
1/14 License issued or certificate active
1/16 Plastic in hand

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”