NRA Membership

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tbranch
Posts in topic: 1

NRA Membership

Post by tbranch »

I wonder if the results of the 2008 elections will have a positive impact on NRA (and other pro-2A organizations) membership over the next couple of years...

Tom

nuparadigm

Re: NRA Membership

Post by nuparadigm »

Well ... their "A" rating of Nick Lampson (TX 22nd) didn't seem to do him any good.
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

nuparadigm wrote:Well ... their "A" rating of Nick Lampson (TX 22nd) didn't seem to do him any good.
Maybe...but he was up against John Culberson, a strong NRA and TSRA "A" Republican. In the end, we won.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

bridge

Post by bridge »

Skiprr wrote:
nuparadigm wrote:Well ... their "A" rating of Nick Lampson (TX 22nd) didn't seem to do him any good.
Maybe...but he was up against John Culberson, a strong NRA and TSRA "A" Republican. In the end, we won.
Nope. He was up against Pete Olson (R) and Olson won. I'm not real sure how I feel about this. I don't live in that district but I work there. I'm a little concerned how a rookie congressman is going to protect this district against potential pillaging by BHO (NASA funding is going to be as big an issue around here...bigger than guns). I think I would have been more comfortable with Lampson doing the fighting on that issue rather than Olson...I guess we'll find out soon enough.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

I re-upped my membership that had been lapsed the day I voted.

If you check my post history, you might understand why.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

airbornerangerboogie

Post by airbornerangerboogie »

I think they'll bounce back, the major issues that got BHO elected were not about gun control.

AEA

Post by AEA »

I was a yearly member long long ago. Then moved to Canada for a number of years and let it lapse.

Back since 2003 and never "got around to it"........

But, just the other day I joined as a Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet). I hope many more will do the same as me and step up and join/renew and don't put it off. Now is the time!

Let's get that "ONE MILLION" for TEXAS! :txflag:

Click on the link in my Sig and become one of the ONE MILLION! :thumbs2:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

I just upgraded to Endowment Member, and declined the free gift. The NRA can use that money for something else.

Now I'm turnin' my attention, and some dollars, to the TSRA. The 81st Legislature opens in a few weeks, and the TSRA also needs our support to help us secure issues important to Texas.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

gotta brag.

signed up for EPL during Houston 2005 meetings. Made the final payment late Nov. Got my new "Life" membership card and info package yesterday. :anamatedbanana
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

psycho_bob42

Post by psycho_bob42 »

I just joined last week, woohoo!!!

Commander

Post by Commander »

I re-upped and also bought my daughter an associate membership. Those are only $10....If you have family members its a great (and inexpensive) way to increase NRA member count. NRA needs all the members it can get.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

mr.72
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mr.72 »

Commander wrote: NRA needs all the members it can get.
Really? Do they need members or do they need money?

I would think there is a certain amount of overhead cost involved in managing a member of the NRA. They'd probably rather have 10 members donating $100M each than 100M members donating $10 each.
non-conformist CHL holder

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

mr.72 wrote:

I would think there is a certain amount of overhead cost involved in managing a member of the NRA. They'd probably rather have 10 members donating $100M each than 100M members donating $10 each.
They are not mutually exclusive. It's like asking whether a political party needs campaign contributions or voters.
NRA Endowment Member

lrb111
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lrb111 »

mr.72 wrote:

Membership equals votes to politicians. So, does 10 members each with a million$ or 10 million voters with a $ carry more weight to a politician?
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

mr.72
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mr.72 »

lrb111 wrote: Membership equals votes to politicians. So, does 10 members each with a million$ or 10 million voters with a $ carry more weight to a politician?
Really? So if I buy my 15 year old daughter an associate membership to the NRA, then that results in another vote for some politician?

If the membership numbers were so important, you'd think the NRA would advertise that number pretty prominently. Alas, they don't. In fact I recently spent more than a little while trying to dig up the NRA's membership numbers on the internet and could only find estimates, nothing official from the NRA at all. Still those NRA members do not equate to votes in Washington. If the NRA had 100,000,000 members, then maybe that would make a big difference.

There are probably 170 million or more registered voters in the USA. The 4 million or so NRA members is not some huge voting bloc, even if all of them voted, every single time.
non-conformist CHL holder

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”