What do you guys think about this?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

LarryH
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What do you guys think about this?

Post by LarryH »

We are making rash assumptions based on your screen name. Sorry about that.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

Black Widow does not seem to be looking for a carry piece, but I have become amazed at what I can conceal on my person with no one even raising an eyebrow.

It's not just me. Years ago, in 1986, I was on an international flight (out of Miami to Colombia). When dinner was served, the woman in the seat next to me opened her blazer and took out a small dog. She fed it with a fork. It was a very well-behaved dog.

Not only did this woman make it through "security" in the airport with a live animal, the flight attendants never noticed.

I am not kidding about this. It happened.

The bottom line here is that if you find something that works for you, that is smaller than a 5-lb sledge hammer, you can figure out how to carry it.

- Jim

Topic author
BlackWidow
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BlackWidow »

LarryH wrote:We are making rash assumptions based on your screen name. Sorry about that.
lol no problem. I figured.

I have the same screen name on all the forums i browse :tiphat: but I guess there's nothing wrong with it since I'm getting extra attention and help :biggrinjester:

so who wants to let a petite, lady @ 6'1 and 200 lbs borrow a berreta 92fs, a baby eagle, and a SP 1911 :drool:

Topic author
BlackWidow
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BlackWidow »

seamusTX wrote:Black Widow does not seem to be looking for a carry piece, but I have become amazed at what I can conceal on my person with no one even raising an eyebrow.

It's not just me. Years ago, in 1986, I was on an international flight (out of Miami to Colombia). When dinner was served, the woman in the seat next to me opened her blazer and took out a small dog. She fed it with a fork. It was a very well-behaved dog.

Not only did this woman make it through "security" in the airport with a live animal, the flight attendants never noticed.

I am not kidding about this. It happened.

The bottom line here is that if you find something that works for you, that is smaller than a 5-lb sledge hammer, you can figure out how to carry it.

- Jim
I will eventually get a carry piece, but at the moment by budget was $400. And for that I decided to pick a hand gun which I will be able to buy and have lotsa ammo of and practice the sport. (like a .22) rather then buy a 9mm or .40 which I would be afraid to learn how to use due to the price of ammo.

I will however continue to get my hands on any hand gun i can till then to shoot them, feel them, and see what fits me better. So far I really like the Spring Field in sub compact with extended grip on magazine option.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

You've taken several steps on a journey of a thousand miles, and all those clichés. I don't think you'll regret it.

- Jim

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

BlackWidow wrote:Why does everyone keep offering me ladies classes?

I'm a dude @ 6'1 and 200 lbs! :woohoo :headscratch
Sooooo you're the one getting eaten? :biggrinjester:
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”