Topic author
nils
Posts in topic: 3

I'm beginning to hate my city.....

Post by nils »

Woman fatally shot at gas station may be robbery victim
By MIKE GLENN Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
Dec. 1, 2008, 12:42PM

A woman fatally shot at a west Houston service station Sunday night appeared to have been the victim of an attempted robbery, police said today.

Chou Ung, 28, was killed about 9:30 p.m. at a Chevron station in the 11300 block of Westheimer, Houston police said.

The gunman approached while Ung was filling up her car. She began fighting with the man, who then pulled out a pistol, police said.

The man fired, striking Ung in the head. He fled the scene on foot and remains at large, police said this morning.

While robbery appears to be the motive for the slaying, Houston police said they are still trying to determine if anything was taken from Ung.

Police on Monday did not have a detailed description of the gunman. Anyone with information is asked to contact HPD homicide detectives at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11
Plastic in Hand 11/07/2008!!!!

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Springfield Armory Operator-Full Rail
Galco IWB Holster

CainA
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I'm beginning to hate my city.....

Post by CainA »

How about this one:

A man was killed Sunday evening at a northwest Harris County apartment complex during what authorities believe was a robbery.

The unidentified man was walking back to his residence at the Autumn Lakes Apartments,100 Hollow Tree Lane, after going to a Shell gas station down the street around 7:30 p.m. when he was approached by two men near his apartment, said Harris County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Eric Clegg.

One of the men then pulled a gun and shot the victim multiple times before fleeing, Clegg said.

The victim was pronounced dead on the scene. His identity is pending an autopsy by the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office.

Investigators learned that some of the man's belongings had been taken during the incident.

No further information was immediately available.

link to the article: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 40266.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HGWC
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HGWC »

nils wrote: A woman fatally shot at a west Houston service station Sunday night appeared to have been the victim of an attempted robbery, police said today.
Don't just hate the city. It's the state legislature that has made it a crime for this woman to be armed. Many seem to pride themselves on recent Texas pro-gun legislation. Would it make anyone feel better about this if she had a handgun concealed in her car, but she couldn't get to it in time while she was pumping gas ? Would it make anyone feel better knowing that she had saved almost enough money to pay for the CHL license fee, training fees, and the cost of a gun and accessories. She had almost enough money to be guaranteed the right to self defense? Would it make anyone feel protected knowing she was unarmed until we're all sure she didn't have any outstanding student loans or taxes? Would it make anyone feel better that she had applied for a CHL, but Harris county was delaying her background checks indefinitely? It's not just the criminal that we should hate here. We should hate the state government that has allowed this criminal to feel right at home doing this kind of thing.

CertifiedKJ

Post by CertifiedKJ »

I need to get my stuff together. The Chevron this happened at, is a couple of minutes away from the house.

On Friday, I purchased my first handgun. I've been trying to finally go for my chl ($140 paid online on October 31.), but work has been hectic as of late. I might just miss a day of making money, and go for it.

I told my mom, and fiancee they are not going anywhere without me, period.

I'm definately getting them handguns for christmas now.
Glock 26

skankpile

Post by skankpile »

Topgun has 2-day classes every week in the evening, and 1-day classes on Saturdays... check it out. When I went, it was mostly 8-to-5 type professionals who left work a little early to squeeze it into their schedules.

Topic author
nils

Post by nils »

There's a similar schedule at Top Gun as well....get it taken care of, and you'll feel a lot more prepared and confident in your ability to defend yourself and others....good luck, and be safe.
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Galco IWB Holster

Hos

Post by Hos »

I'm not sure if I'd blame any one thing, it's just sad stuff. RIP

I don't know how criminals think but according to DPS only .24% of Asian females joined the CHL club in the last year. That's pretty good odds "for evil to triumph."
God, Goats, and Guns

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Human life has no value in the eyes of these scumbags. Killing is easier for them than working for a living. No conscience and no remorse. Society has become desensitized to violence, which just feeds the violence itself.

Be alert, be prepared. That's all we can do. :grumble
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

CertifiedKJ

Post by CertifiedKJ »

skankpile wrote:Topgun has 2-day classes every week in the evening, and 1-day classes on Saturdays... check it out. When I went, it was mostly 8-to-5 type professionals who left work a little early to squeeze it into their schedules.
nils wrote:There's a similar schedule at Top Gun as well....get it taken care of, and you'll feel a lot more prepared and confident in your ability to defend yourself and others....good luck, and be safe.
Thanks for the heads up guys, I will definately check it out asap.
Glock 26

CainA

Post by CainA »

At least one a day, minimum:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/ ... 7.html?npc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

07:43 AM CST on Tuesday, December 2, 2008
By Kevin Peters / 11 News

Man shot on Bellaire Blvd.

HOUSTON—A man was killed and his girlfriend narrowly escaped with her life after a gunman opened fire into a moving car on Bellaire Blvd.

It happened just after 2 a.m. Tuesday.
Police at the scene said the victim, an Asian male in his mid- to late-20s, suffered multiple gunshot wounds and died in his vehicle.
HPD’s Brian Evans said the girlfriend, who had recently started dating the victim, survived the shooting by ducking down onto the floorboard of the car.
Police said the shooting occurred just moments after the couple left a nearby club.
“The evidence indicates there was another vehicle that drove up beside the victim’s vehicle and fired the shots,” Evans said.
Evans said they don’t believe there was any kind of disturbance at the club before the couple left.
Police work the scene of a shooting on Bellaire Blvd.
The gunman fired at least three rounds into the vehicle, police said.
“It appears that he was actually in motion when the shots were fired and struck him. The vehicle was still in drive when the officers arrived at the scene,” Evans said.
Evans said the girlfriend was unable to give a description of the suspects, and police had yet to establish a motive.

-Cain

WillieD

Post by WillieD »

On Sunday morning at around 2 am one of my wife's cousins was attacked in Carrollton.

She pulled into her driveway after a night out with some friends, and as she started to open her car door someone swung it open and threw her onto the ground. During the scuffle she was hit in the head and face and her back was all scratched up. The 2 guys tried to steal her car but it would not start for some reason, then they threw her in the car and told her to start it. Fortunately the car did not start for her either and they took off with her purse.

We have not seen her yet, but she is apparently pretty banged up. She said that she thought she was being followed on her drive home, but figured she was just being paranoid and did not call the police. Unfortunately that was a bad decision, but it could have turned out much worse than it did.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

In addition to our ages, the above are several reasons that Mrs. Oldgringo and I don't go honky-tonking in the big cities after dark. Although armed, we'd just be sittin' ducks for the hoodlum element.

As someone said above, "Be aware and be prepared". :fire

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

/begin hijack

This reminds me of a Dallas Observer article I read less than a month after moving to Dallas in 1997. The article was something along the lines of 100 Things You Need To Know About Living In Dallas.

One of the items was "Hate Houston and everything it stands for - even if you've never been to Houston and don't know what it stands for".

I thought that was funny and it's always stuck in my mind.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

/end hijack
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Topic author
nils

Post by nils »

Don't get me wrong....I love the city of Houston, just not the scumbags who have decided to stake their tents in my beloved town.....we also have a few home-grown jerks too....and I hate Dallas for all of the right reasons....that town isn't right.
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Galco IWB Holster

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”